I do think that they have just put there own os on top of normal Android 5.1! Even though it states 9.1? I can't see how they have made this happen, if it's actually official. It would be great if we had the updated Rom for Android 9.1? Just to see if it's legit.
If you notice, they also state that modified firmware blah blah stuff:
The Android OS version on this device cannot be upgraded or flashed and any attempts to modify the default OS will void the warranty. As a wholesaler, EstoreChina provides no software support, advice, or training regarding the Android operating system and software.
This product comes with premium warranty service. This means that faulty items can be returned for for a new device with shipping costs covered by EstoreChina. For more information: httpx://support.estorechina.com/index.php /Knowledgebase/Article/View/576/18/premium-warranty
So if the 9.1 fw was available, to flash it would be extremely welcome, but sadly, I'm not holding my breath?
After months of searching and traying I finally found solution for DD and DTS in "Kodi" by HDMI Bitrate and DTS HD-Master and Dolby True HD in MXPlayer
1. You have to install "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar.
2. Change in audio settings to HDMI Bitrate.
3. Delete default Kodi version.
4. Install "ugoos_kodi_20160620.apk" from ugoos oficial page.
5. In ugoos kodi SYSTEM settings (expert) choose transfer to output device on (or something similar) and all settings DD,DTS... to on. Don't turn on DSP.
6. In Video settings you have to turn off "Accelerate RKCodec" in "RKMC" tab because if is ON the video is not playing fluently.
Ok so which is the latest Rom i would like to try the tru octa core rom as this does sound pretty good, but would like the updated version. Like i said, i have so many different versions downloaded to different devices and places, im a little lost tbh. And you mention using flash tool, is this the software with the big red button or the other software I used the other one with the colour pics, i edited the txt file for English language, so i could follow it.