Z4 RK3368 Android LP5.1/MM6 Octa Core 64bit 2/16gb TV Box

Search This thread

miltblue

Dec 29, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Thanks you very much for your reply. I have flash with the last Ugoos's firmware, and all problem are now ok :) .
I've not keep the shomari's image because too many bugs (and impossible to stop correctly the box).
I agree. Its to basic, to rudimentary when compared to other mods. Missing to many features, no ethernet, can't power it off. And its Lollipop. Presently I'm using @yablrar's latest Marshmallow mod with a 64 gig SD card and showing 6.14 gig used of 70.60 gig of internal memory with the adopted memory feature. He says he developed it for his own needs, which is great for him but a big step back for others who have other uses and needs for their boxes, just for the speed and high Antutu numbers.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
I agree. Its to basic, to rudimentary when compared to other mods. Missing to many features, no ethernet, can't power it off. And its Lollipop. Presently I'm using @yablrar's latest Marshmallow mod with a 64 gig SD card and showing 6.14 gig used of 70.60 gig of internal memory with the adopted memory feature. He says he developed it for his own needs, which is great for him but a big step back for others who have other uses and needs for their boxes, just for the speed and high Antutu numbers.

whats the link to the yabrars mm rom mitblue in shomaris rom theres settings for ethernet but it does not have fusion storage since its 5.1 android. also what is the antutu score of yabrars mm rom? thanks

miltblue

Dec 29, 2014
Raleigh, NC
@miltblue I think shomaris rom is a work in progress and appreciated. What is the MM firmware you are using? Link?

With +64gb of adopted internal ram, system must be flying high...
Believe me when I say that I have the highest amount of respect for all of the developers who spend their time and energy to give us options for roms for our devices. Especially those who do so for unsupported boxes such as the Z4. I understand the work in progress part of it. And that he has to have testers using various versions of the RK3368 to improve it. I have been doing a little studying and investigation into rom development myself and it ain't easy! Just stating facts that all. It ain't ready yet. The link is the same link that @yablrar posted earlier in the thread. But here is a link to his Marshmallow mods on 4pda. It includes the Fix market fix as well. http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=702783&st=2100#entry50287833 But be careful when using the adopted memory feature in Android 6. I lost a couple of 32 gig SD cards before reading that you need to migrate your data back to its original state or the unadopted state before backing up and flashing new roms and such. But I think you said earlier it didn't work on your Z4.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

whats the link to the yabrars mm rom mitblue in shomaris rom theres settings for ethernet but it does not have fusion storage since its 5.1 android. also what is the antutu score of yabrars mm rom? thanks
There was no setting for ethernet when I flashed the latest update or I didn't know how to find it or where to look for it. Antutu scores have ranged from 40000 to 43000 or so. High Antutu scores are great window dressing and a good indicator of a smooth fast running box, but lower scores are not an indication that the box will not work efficiently.

Last edited:
Reactions: alz_uk

surroundedbydrones

Mar 1, 2008
It's perfectly fine. It might not work for you, but it's fine just the same. I don't know of any bugs other than the inability to reboot/shutdown from a running system.

Double the graphics performance, yes, a full double, of any lollipop firmware - because I backported the marshmallow graphics implementation - no other firmware exists with that configuration and performance on lollipop.

All cores running simultaneously and up to 1608mhz, something thought impossible before my firmwares due to 'heat and throttling' - made possible with perfect stability and no heat or throttling issues with my builds.

Highest memory performance - 25% increase over factory or any other custom firmware - and fastest i/o performance to match. And many, many more highly technical improvements that add up to that 'great window dressing high antutu score'.

What do you think I would do (and actually am doing in private testing) with marshmallow/nougat firmware?

I don't know if ethernet works. I don't use it. But just as I've done with anything else, when something major is confirmed inoperative or faulty, I fix it.

If it doesn't work for you, don't use it. But don't say it isn't ready or isn't complete. That's not technically accurate in any sense. It just doesn't suit your preference and that's fine.

I build, test and do everything else on my own time and with my own resources. It's clear the way I structure my threads, respond to all posts and allow for requests to ports for all sorts of varied RK3368 devices (and there are many) gives the impression my firmwares are somehow deficient.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
ive tried z4 geekbox marshmallow mod and the fusion storage dosent work for me. so it works for you @ mitblue thats good to know your lucky. i had bugs with that rom. and the only reason i moved from shomaris rom which is solid stable is becuase of the fusion storage but it a no go for me so im back on shomaris 1.5 rom which gives me 47000 antutu and rock solid tv box, everything working from usb 3g modem to 4k video files to remote and sleep and usb etc all except shutdown and reeboot. im hoping shomari a.k.a surroundedbydrones will release the exact same rom but marshmallow flavour or nougat flavour it will be a blessing from heaven.

ive tried soo many roms its uncountable and so far this shomaris rom is the best it even includes widvine L3 etc, true octa core (1603mhz on all cores simultaneously, true multi-threading) and 64bit etc etc

i will not change rom until someone beats shomari's rom soo far all the rest of the roms especially mm roms have bugs for me. i think the shutdown and reboot bug in shomaris 1.5/2.0 roms are complicated orelse he would have fixed it by now but its not a major bug but nevertheless its a bug.

i continue to wait patiently for more shomaris a.k.a surroundedbydrones rom releases in the future and wish him the very best of luck simple becuause my z4 garmar tv box was a total piece of crap when i bought it with hdmi handshake pink/green screen errors, 4k not playing at all, antutu score of only 28000 LOL it was a nightmare and now i feel like i have the best tv box in the world. LOL

thanks shomari a.k.a surroundedbydrones i really mean it buddie life saver.

roland deschan

Aug 19, 2012
POCO X3 GT (Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G)
heres another updated rom release for the rk3368

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...h-nt-v8-rk3368-marshmallow-rom-by-mo123/page7

edit: we need testers.

@ surroundedbydrones ive just realised the pause function on the remote does not work? anyway to make it work?

Have you tested hph rom on your Z4? & the latest updated true octa core?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

heres another updated rom release for the rk3368

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...h-nt-v8-rk3368-marshmallow-rom-by-mo123/page7

edit: we need testers.

@ surroundedbydrones ive just realised the pause function on the remote does not work? anyway to make it work?

Have you tested hph rom on the Z4? & the remote comment is about the latest updated true octa core?

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Have you tested hph rom on your Z4? & the latest updated true octa core?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Have you tested hph rom on the Z4? & the remote comment is about the latest updated true octa core?

ive tested the hph rom and after boot logo it does not run any further and freezes. the latest octo core rom doesent boot no display same as version v2 only v 1.5 works on my box with bugs like shutdown and restart not working and pause button not working on the remote.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi! Try new firmware for android z4 6.0.1 https://yadi.sk/d/g8f6Y6EKsPUgA
    only for test
    Welcome,
    After months of searching and traying I finally found solution for DD and DTS in "Kodi" by HDMI Bitrate and DTS HD-Master and Dolby True HD in MXPlayer :):):)
    Solution:
    1. You have to install "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar.
    2. Change in audio settings to HDMI Bitrate.
    3. Delete default Kodi version.
    4. Install "ugoos_kodi_20160620.apk" from ugoos oficial page.
    5. In ugoos kodi SYSTEM settings (expert) choose transfer to output device on (or something similar) and all settings DD,DTS... to on. Don't turn on DSP.
    6. In Video settings you have to turn off "Accelerate RKCodec" in "RKMC" tab because if is ON the video is not playing fluently.

Thats all. Have a nice day/night :)
    Ok so which is the latest Rom i would like to try the tru octa core rom as this does sound pretty good, but would like the updated version. Like i said, i have so many different versions downloaded to different devices and places, im a little lost tbh. And you mention using flash tool, is this the software with the big red button or the other software I used the other one with the colour pics, i edited the txt file for English language, so i could follow it.

go to freaktab forum and under rk3368 find the true octocore thread theres two go into the latest one at the top and theres full instructions and links for download.
    Nvidia Shield has had hardware problems, from tablet to TV version, besides being more than double the price. Also just quad-core. Dont know whether App storage space is large unified or not.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...pro-android-tv-units-for-hard-drive-failures/
    12/22 firmware. Unified 16gb App storage. More available with microsd card. Fully functional Kodi with channels, etc. 4k HEVC x265 movies. Youtube 1080p.

Easiest method to update rom is to put extracted update.img from zip file
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2016/01/download-latest-android-lollipop-511.html?m=1
    on a sdcard / usb and boot. After about a minute into the Android desktop, system will ask for update prompt. Only applicable to system still with default recovery.

If you have some stability issues or with different recovery, you can backup your apps / data with Titanium etc. and then use above Factory tool restore new rom.

These roms usually come with their own recovery, but some modded ones with TWRP/full root, supersu and all. But you dont really need them.