Z4 RK3368 Android LP5.1/MM6 Octa Core 64bit 2/16gb TV Box

Search This thread

surroundedbydrones

Mar 1, 2008
Call the Orkin Man! BUGS Everywhere!

New pre-pre-pre-Alpha build.

Two Z4 variants, one with the power menu fix, with a simple overclock at 1608 max, and the second a 'true octacore' with no power menu functions and an ant-colony-of-bugs.

anTuTu score -000567, and climbing. Almost evening out to a full blown zero!

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...17-true-octacore-firmware?p=641216#post641216

Did I get that right?

My favorite is the ant-colony build. Been running it daily since I started the public releases way back in the September '16 and those worker ants haven't let me down since. I suspect I'm not the only one.

You know what they say about ants. Strong little bugs...

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

@alz_uk I'll add some gamepad controls soon.

Check the 4K playback on stock browser. I tested many videos and playback was well.

I was going to do further testing, but I don't know what I'm really doing, I only do this for play-play.

So far the Z4 turns on. But that's it. It doesn't do anything else. I think that's OK for a seven month pre-pre-pre-Alpha build. It's good enough for a proof of concept, because it turns on and you can see the home screen and everything right before the screen turns green and flashes and the box turns off and makes buzzing noises and slides around like there's bugs carrying it or something.

Hopefully by December my firmware will be in beta and Kodi will run on it. No promises.

For now it does turn on and the future looks good...

Last edited:
Reactions: alz_uk

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
hi surroundedbydrones a.k.a shomari.

i have finally found a way to use gamepad and configure it. its by using third party app called "game keyboard +". i have been playing games on my 4k tv in 4k resolution smooth thanks to your rom and its true octa core performance. you truely bought something good to the online community. i dont know if i want anything else now cant think of anything its that full of features i dont think theres anything left.

p.s but if you still want to add a gamepad config menu to the rom by all means be my guest.

Reactions: roland deschan

holy_moly

Mar 14, 2009
our dream came true. coolio and shomari did it. no need of an new power adapter and now 40000 in antutu and best single core benchmark :D
has anybody test it already? i'm on a off site, so I have to wait until friday evening. :(

feature list
This custom mod is based on the UGOOS UT4firmware and Shomari OC/T8C techniques

Google android TV ROM with the following features:

TURBO BOOST 1600 (all 8 cores @ 1600 Mhz - click for more details)
3D FPS BOOSTER (Switch UI resolition on the fly to a lower resolution to get more FPS in 3D games
Recommended setting = 1280 720 190 )
Voice Search support (use a USB mic)
Fully IR remote support (Settings key = voice search)
App Drawer (for easy start of side loaded non ATV apps)
International Leanback Keyboard (long press OK for special characters)
Google Voice input as Keyboard (use a USB mic)
Easy edit for Gampad settings (2 different apps)
APP2SD (more space to install your apps & games)
USB Switch (USB Host / USB OTG)
Network file server (for easy APPs sideload)
Firefly Wireless Assistent (check ugoos,net/remote to get the app for your mobile)
Opera ATV Internet Browser
2 App Stores (Google ATV & Aptoide TV)
DLNA & AirPlay Server
Set your custom NTP Time Server (ntp.org)
easy ROOT / UN-ROOT (#SuperSU)
TWRP 3.10 - Custom Recovery
AC3/DD/DTS audio pass thru
Masked HDMI
HDMI Color Mode (no more wrong colors on older TVs)
Autoframerate
Custom Keylayout files for the following devices
- Z4 IR Remote
- Rii mini i8 wirless Keyboard
- mini Keyboard witch Touch-pad (TeckNet X331, iPazzPort KP-810, Topop 2.4Ghz, VicTsing 2.4Ghz)
- Apple Wireless Keybord
- Xiaoji Gamesir-G3f
etc ...

Known Issues:
NON

change log
V2.5 BRE (Busta Rhymes Edition)

Added TURBO BOOST 1600 Modus for all 8 CPU Cores (THX to Shomari for the inspiration on good OC/T8C techniques)
Added 3D FPS BOOSTER (on the fly UI resolution changer)
Updated Kodi to Krypton V7.1 (can now show the RK3368 CPU temperature)
Updated TWRP to V3.10
Updated ES File Explorer to the latest version
Updated all Google Apps (Date:020518), except Play Service
Replaced stock Browser with Google Chrome
Changed Opera start page to google.com
Fixed TWRP can't mount System partition
Fixed a serious Ugoos ROOT uninstaller bug that breaks the filesystem
Added support for Trosmart Rk3368 Meta IR Remote and several others I can't remember
Enhanced UI smoothness
Enhanced eMMC, SD & USB r/w speed
Enhanced RAM r/w speed
Enhanced Network (WiFi/LAN) speed
Enhanced Media streaming (Audio/Video) smoothness
Yeah OK, I enhanced the overall system performance Dramatically
Fixed several other small issues I can*t remember ...

download V.2.5 BRE - Busta Rhymes Edition

surroundedbydrones

Mar 1, 2008
Ready to move from my 6 months old @yablrar firmware v1.5 to this one. Thanks @coolio & Shomari @surroundedbydrones. Just need to be sure I can side install non Android TV apps. like Whatsapp etc.

... good luck. I didn't develop the firnware with coolio I just helped him understand the overclocking techniques and some other adjustments. He took it all from there, his goal all along was to give users an ATV firmware option with better performance than stock factory builds give.

I'm no longer active on Freaktab, btw. If you have any questions, etc. just hit me on here.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
naaaah! no thanks ill stick to 45,000 antutu shomari true octo core rom. android tv isnt for my liking. That 5000 extra antutu can add to 3d 4k gaming performance too.

edit:

currently playing gta san adreas smooth and fast in 4k with gamepad. its awesome.
however some games like modern combat 5 makes the box heat up too much and it shuts down automatically and wont reboot until it cools down again.

shomari, at the moment i can only play games with gamepad by using third party apps. different app for different game so i was wondering is there a better way to do this instead of keep using different gamepad apps? if you built the gamepad config into your rom would that solve it? thanks in advance.

also would be nice to have a file server option.

edit: btw im using a spliced version of shomaris rom. i am soo confused with all the flashable files. i just stuck to the first working method. lol

Last edited:

surroundedbydrones

Mar 1, 2008
Ready to move from my 6 months old @yablrar firmware v1.5 to this one. Thanks @coolio & Shomari @surroundedbydrones. Just need to be sure I can side install non Android TV apps. like Whatsapp etc.

naaaah! no thanks ill stick to 45,000 antutu shomari true octo core rom. android tv isnt for my liking. That 5000 extra antutu can add to 3d 4k gaming performance too.

edit:

currently playing gta san adreas smooth and fast in 4k with gamepad. its awesome.
however some games like modern combat 5 makes the box heat up too much and it shuts down automatically and wont reboot until it cools down again.

shomari, at the moment i can only play games with gamepad by using third party apps. different app for different game so i was wondering is there a better way to do this instead of keep using different gamepad apps? if you built the gamepad config into your rom would that solve it? thanks in advance.

also would be nice to have a file server option.

edit: btw im using a spliced version of shomaris rom. i am soo confused with all the flashable files. i just stuck to the first working method. lol

... it's not actually heat that causes the hang/shutdown in your case, it's a small bug that triggers a race condition that sets the cpu crazy (which then makes things hot, of course). Rare, but as you've noticed, it's there for certain instances.

If you're not on the latest release, you should be, but I would stay put for now if I were you. I'll post an update here soon for some the small bugs I've noticed here and there.

You won't lose your data with the next update; also, I'll look into the gamepad situation, not something I'm personally familiar with, but we'll see what can be baked in.

ajaxxa

Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone, I would like to connect a 5.1 audio system to my z4.
I currently have 22-12 stock firmware.
Can anyone explain how to configure the tv box z4 to get the best result?
Can I connect the audio system to the z4 AVOUT jack?
I usually see the bluray with codes, so I also ask you:
Do I have to make some configuration in kodi?

Last edited:

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Hi surroundedbydrones a.k.a shomari

I recently read on freaktab forum you will be making a marshmallow rom for the z4. that sounds awesome so beforehand i would like to advise you please make sure the new marshmallow feature the expandable internal memory with the micro sd card function works becuase without it theres no real benefit of marshmallow rom. also this feature will make our z4's IMMORTAL "muahahahaha"! all the marshmallow z4 rk3368 roms ive tried have failed to make this feature work so if you shomari can do it then truely you are a wizard indeed. also if you could add gamepad menu to the rom like coolio has done but his gamepad configuration and detection of gamepads dosent work properly maybe you could add your wizardry here and give us all a solution too. can you also give us a rough time when you will start the project and when it might finish? thanks.

yes i know im pumping you up here with nitro but truthfully ive come across soo many rom builders and editors but your the best man becuase of the kind of things you accomplish, their very advanced and the benefit is huge which is well worth bringing to the public. and lastly the z4 device when it was released with what it had in the way of features and performance was absolutely dead crap, infact it didnt even do what the manufacturers claimed that it can do written on its packaging box!!!! it was absolute trash and waste of money, crashing frequently, box getting hot and shutting down, pink and green display errors, wifi bugs, very slow performance creating many very frustrating moments etc etc and now look what you have done to it: ROCK SOLID STABLE AND SUPER PERFORMANCE WITH ADDED FEATURES! its nothing like what it used to be, like i said earlier i now play android games on my 4K smart tv with my usb controller smooth and fluent graphics and im able to do everything else the z4 is supposed to do. i now have many moments of joy thanks to you bro. even my z4 always automatically switches the tv display off after watching a movie etc its all tip top now. its not the same device it used to be. the manufacturers created a little cat which you turned into a mighty lion!

shame you cant enable 10 bit 4k video as the rk3368 cpu just cant do it or else the z4 would have been the only 4k tv box you ever needed.

keep it up bro....... peace

fleebleflam

Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys, can someone please let me know, in their own opinion, which is the best latest Rom for the z4 2/16gb. Not sure which Z4 version i actually have. I have downloaded so many different Roms, i am quite lost! Still have yabir's Ugoos 1.5 (i think that's what its called) but still no sound. Checked on projector running through a Yamaha av receiver with hdmi and optical, and running direct through a tv with both hdmi and optical, also bought new hdmi to check it wasnt that. But still no sound??
So would like to try something new and improved if possible.
Any help &/or links would be great
I just don't want to read the whole damn thread again.

Any and all help is very much appreciated
Thank you in advance.?

fleebleflam

Oct 18, 2016
Ok so which is the latest Rom i would like to try the tru octa core rom as this does sound pretty good, but would like the updated version. Like i said, i have so many different versions downloaded to different devices and places, im a little lost tbh. And you mention using flash tool, is this the software with the big red button or the other software I used the other one with the colour pics, i edited the txt file for English language, so i could follow it.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Ok so which is the latest Rom i would like to try the tru octa core rom as this does sound pretty good, but would like the updated version. Like i said, i have so many different versions downloaded to different devices and places, im a little lost tbh. And you mention using flash tool, is this the software with the big red button or the other software I used the other one with the colour pics, i edited the txt file for English language, so i could follow it.

go to freaktab forum and under rk3368 find the true octocore thread theres two go into the latest one at the top and theres full instructions and links for download.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
damn everyone i have very bad terrifying news. my rk3368 2gb 16gb box just died this morning. the shomari true octocore rom has flaws in it. this morning my nand flash burnt out and died. before nand flash burning out i was trying to get the pppsspp arcade game emulator working but most games were too graphics and cpu demanding.

time for a new box i guess. it served me well and was topped up. thats £50 down the drain aswell after six months service.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
just bought this tv box. It seems to have everything upto date. Check the specification out y'all:

Specification

H96 Pro Plus smart TV box with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage and Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Watch Movies, Youtube, Play Games, Browse Internet and much more at a blazing speed.

CPU Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz (DVFS)
GPU ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)
RAM 3GB DDR3
Memory 32GB eMMC Flash
Language English, Multi-Language support
WiFi 2.4GHz / 5GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Ethernet Ethernet 100M / 1000M
Bluetooth BT 4.1
HDMI HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60FPS
Built-in HDMI 2.0a transmitter including both controller and PHY with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2,2, 4Kx2K@60 max resolution output
Video Codecs

Support HDR10 and HLG HDR,Dolby Vision
VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
H.264 MVC up to 1080P @60fps
MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
WebM up to VGA
Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support
MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file
Supports 10-bit HEVC video

Image Format JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, JFIF and more
Software Extension Support Google Play & APK install
Other Protocol Support DLNA, Miracast Protocol, Support DRM requirement.
Remote Control Support Smart phone remote control,
2.4GHz wireless air mouse/Remote controller
Interface

1 x HDMI
1 x USB host + 1 x USB OTG
1 x SPDIF
1 x AV
1 x Micro SD card reader
1 x RJ 45 LAN Port
1 x 5V 2Amp DC

Box content

1 x H96 Plus TV Box
1 x Remote control
1 x HDMI cable
1 x User manual
1 x UK Power charger

hope shomari can work on this tv box too.

Last edited:

ajaxxa

Jan 9, 2016
Still no response ..... can you still not have a firmware android 6.0 stable, to be installed quietly and without further modifications?
edit
uff....this tread is dead :(

Last edited:

ajaxxa

Jan 9, 2016
I downloaded this 6.0 rom, and I have to say it is still very tedious.
strangely google play tells me that a lot of apps are incompatible, while installing the stock 5.1.1 I do not have these issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi! Try new firmware for android z4 6.0.1 https://yadi.sk/d/g8f6Y6EKsPUgA
    only for test
    Welcome,
    After months of searching and traying I finally found solution for DD and DTS in "Kodi" by HDMI Bitrate and DTS HD-Master and Dolby True HD in MXPlayer :):):)
    Solution:
    1. You have to install "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar.
    2. Change in audio settings to HDMI Bitrate.
    3. Delete default Kodi version.
    4. Install "ugoos_kodi_20160620.apk" from ugoos oficial page.
    5. In ugoos kodi SYSTEM settings (expert) choose transfer to output device on (or something similar) and all settings DD,DTS... to on. Don't turn on DSP.
    6. In Video settings you have to turn off "Accelerate RKCodec" in "RKMC" tab because if is ON the video is not playing fluently.

Thats all. Have a nice day/night :)

go to freaktab forum and under rk3368 find the true octocore thread theres two go into the latest one at the top and theres full instructions and links for download.
    Nvidia Shield has had hardware problems, from tablet to TV version, besides being more than double the price. Also just quad-core. Dont know whether App storage space is large unified or not.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...pro-android-tv-units-for-hard-drive-failures/
    12/22 firmware. Unified 16gb App storage. More available with microsd card. Fully functional Kodi with channels, etc. 4k HEVC x265 movies. Youtube 1080p.

Easiest method to update rom is to put extracted update.img from zip file
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2016/01/download-latest-android-lollipop-511.html?m=1
    on a sdcard / usb and boot. After about a minute into the Android desktop, system will ask for update prompt. Only applicable to system still with default recovery.

If you have some stability issues or with different recovery, you can backup your apps / data with Titanium etc. and then use above Factory tool restore new rom.

These roms usually come with their own recovery, but some modded ones with TWRP/full root, supersu and all. But you dont really need them.