Z5 Display problems brightness/illumination

Search This thread

DonJacob

Oct 22, 2013
Hi all,

i got a problem with my display.

The brightness/illumination on display when displaying content with white background is from what I see not correct.

A certain part in the middle of my display is clearly more illuminated then the rest. But only when showing the color white.

I did the diagnosis test in the menus and here it occurred again.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Is this a display problem so I have to change my phone? Or is this just a calibration problem?

Thanks in advance:)

redandblack1287

Jan 19, 2010
Hi all,

i got a problem with my display.

The brightness/illumination on display when displaying content with white background is from what I see not correct.

A certain part in the middle of my display is clearly more illuminated then the rest. But only when showing the color white.

I did the diagnosis test in the menus and here it occurred again.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Is this a display problem so I have to change my phone? Or is this just a calibration problem?

Thanks in advance:)
I don't have any kind of problem like this with my phone

johansan

Jun 4, 2008
I have exactly the same white spot on my black Z5, even in the same location. Very annoying, especially when scrolling through Facebook, Twitter and other apps with white background. On my iPhone 6S which I also use the screen is perfect.

schecter7

Aug 5, 2011
Austin, TX

DonJacob

Oct 22, 2013
You got a bright patch in the middle too - interesting. Maybe you could take this picture again vertically (without tilt & finger smudges) in a dark room ? I never saw 100% uniform white on any LCD & Amoled mobile screen, but yours don't look acceptable.

Screen doesn't rotate to vertical in the diagnosis settings.

DonJacob

Oct 22, 2013
You got a bright patch in the middle too - interesting. Maybe you could take this picture again vertically (without tilt & finger smudges) in a dark room ? I never saw 100% uniform white on any LCD & Amoled mobile screen, but yours don't look acceptable.

But this is definitely a defect screen. The bright patch in the middle is really annoying when scrolling

johansan

Jun 4, 2008
I returned mine today, the bright patch in the center together with all other issues was just too much. Got an S6 Edge+ instead, same weight but much larger and much better looking screen.

RiStaRR

Oct 28, 2015
I'm in Singapore and on my second Z5 and there is still this unevenness in the backlight. The first set was more obvious and in the middle which was really irritating. This second one has two minor spots but they sort of form a line to the middle of the screen. It's kind of disappointing that the QC level of this product is so ****ty. Two straight out of shrink-wrapped boxes!

They are also from two revisions; the tray is different on both of mine... on the first set it was stupid with the microsim and sd slot on opposite sides meaning you had to slide one in half way to keep the sim card in before putting in the SD card. The second one made more sense with both the sim card and sd card on the same side.

I'm still pondering if I should bring it down to the telco to make another change...sigh.