z5 dual E6683 yellow/warm display when brightness is below 80%

Search This thread

kunalkcg

Nov 14, 2014
hey guys... ive bought a dual sim version of the xperia z5 about 5 days ago. upon the boot screen, the display was cool as it should be... but when the initial startup was completed and the brightness of the display lowered,i noticed that the screen had an extremely noticeable yellow color
i changed the white balance of the green and blue by 130 and 187 approx respectively so that i could get a relative white display at low brightness
being a previous owner of a z1 which had a yellow hue at edges i knew that my z5 display had a problem
i also had a z3 with no display issues which retained a 'white' color when brightness was reduced

as i cant take a picture of my screen atm i searched for pics of nexus 5x with this issue 'http://i.imgur.com/MPG4kTc.jpg' on the left is a 5x and right a z3. my display colour is even warmer than the 5x in this pic
if any of you guys had a jailbroken ios device with flux, the color of my display is near the warmest choice available

as a small resume, my z5 display becomes more yellowish as he brightness is reduced
do any of you guys have experienced this problem??? and should i seek for another unit ?

Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
Replace the phone for sure.
Sony use different screen for each unit as always,that's why they included the white balance menu cause they know how crap is the screen they use.
Everyday i have to tweak the white balance cause of colors change.

Reactions: kunalkcg

kunalkcg

Nov 14, 2014
Sony use different screen for each unit as always,that's why they included the white balance menu cause they know how crap is the screen they use.
going to seek for a replacement on monday...
Do any of you know how to check which panel is used on my z5 so we can maybe identify panels which are at risk thanks
will update on the status..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.