[Z5C]Check your Panel ID

Search This thread

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
Hi,

to find your Panel manufaturer ID do the following via ADB or Terminal (Note: enter it after fresh boot, the kernel log gets flooded with useless stuff very quick):
Code:
dmesg | grep -i mdss_dsi_panel_init
The output will be something like:
Code:
mdss_dsi_panel_init: Panel Name = 9

Available Panel Types
  • jdi_novatek_hd_cmd_panel (Panel Name = 9)
  • lgd_novatek_hd_cmd_panel (Panel Name = 8)
  • somc,default_panel_0 (Panel Name = default)
  • somc,default_panel_1 (Panel Name = default)

Last edited:

bubimir13

Jun 26, 2008
Kutina
Im kinda noob when it comes to ADB controles, so any ''detailed'' step by step guide for entering commands to check this thing? I ender adb shell and when i enter the command from the OP i get nada. Help?

OtaruM

Sep 28, 2011
chillin in Moravia
Hi,

to find your Panel manufaturer ID do the following via ADB or Terminal:
Code:

You should probably mention that this will work quite early after system start.
dmesg log is cluttered rather quickly and shows only recent records. That's why some people report nothing in the output.

Back to the topic, I have 9 for the phone bought in central Europe. So, this will be probably most dominant display for EU region.

Reactions: Tommy-Geenexus

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
dmesg log is cluttered rather quickly and shows only recent records. That's why some people report nothing in the output.

Back to the topic, I have 9 for the phone bought in central Europe. So, this will be probably most dominant display for EU region.

Yeah you're right, the log get's cluttered pretty easy, working on that already on my Kernel.
Added it to the OP.

charlie20083

Jun 20, 2010
mdss_dsi_panel_init: Panel Name = 8

report by my Xperia Z5 Compact White
bought in 2015/10/3 in Taipei, Taiwan

Last edited:

.corrupt.

Feb 2, 2013

z5c black Germany.
Display has a slight shadow topside that is most noticeable during boot when the white animation is playing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

to find your Panel manufaturer ID do the following via ADB or Terminal (Note: enter it after fresh boot, the kernel log gets flooded with useless stuff very quick):
    Code:
    The output will be something like:
    Code:

Available Panel Types
    • jdi_novatek_hd_cmd_panel (Panel Name = 9)
    • lgd_novatek_hd_cmd_panel (Panel Name = 8)
    • somc,default_panel_0 (Panel Name = default)
    • somc,default_panel_1 (Panel Name = default)
    Thanks!
    Is it possible related to colour and/or buying location and such? (as I've read everyone is talking about)

I honestly can't tell, but it may or may not be, only a Sony representative can answer that ;)
    Hi,

to find your Panel manufaturer ID do the following via ADB or Terminal:
    Code:

Im kinda noob when it comes to ADB controles, so any ''detailed'' step by step guide for entering commands to check this thing? I ender adb shell and when i enter the command from the OP i get nada. Help?

Turn on usb-debugging, enter adb shell and the command above. Thats it.
    that's been a common problem with the Z3C too. The problem isn't with the display, but with adaptive brightness. In case of of Z3C this seemed to be solved with the newest build.