ZE551KL Official Bootloader Unlock

Search This thread

rczrider

May 20, 2015
Markarth
Is this the hardest part of the process (unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, root)?

What's the next step...waiting for the good folks of TeamWin to create a TWRP for our phone, then installing SuperSU?

CKtheProblem

Jul 15, 2012
Hmm not seeing a link to anything regarding the boot loader unlock... I assume I'm missing something obvious.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

CKtheProblem

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah utilities isn't an option for me, I assume its because I'm looking at it on the phone

rczrider

May 20, 2015
Markarth
Looks like they uploaded a new image (under "Firmware") yesterday, too. Is that a flashable image, or one that can be used to create a stock-based custom ROM?

capeorigins

Dec 18, 2012
Lakewood
That's odd.. My computer reads my phone in device manager as "Asus bootloader Device" but won't read it in command prompt as a fastboot device. O.O

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm not seeing a link to anything regarding the boot loader unlock... I assume I'm missing something obvious.
    Yep, you're missing something obvious :p

Select "Android" from the drop-down and click "Utilities".
    So its a APK anyone use it yet?

I used it ya. Bootloader is now unlocked!

fastboot oem device-info
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
    (bootloader) Display panel:

Let me know if someone needs something tested.
    Pretty simple, Asus is giving steps to unlock bootloader and we think it's our gain but ultimately, it's theirs. Having unlocked bootloader means void warranty. Also, unlocked bootloader means devs can work on rom updates that Asus techs won't do.

Agreed. But some of us don't have warranty anyway, I live in UK and have imported TW model bought off eBay. My boardmic1 is broken and ASUS won't repair because it is out of region, so this phone is basically a toy now!

For others if this is the main phone, then yes maybe they should think twice before unlocking, but for £150 I don't think many people care about breaking their laser

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Also I think if the phone really breaks and needs repairing, you could just erase the bootloader completely to cover your tracks and send it in as an accidental brick.

Or if someone makes a backup of stock locked bootloader, can we just reflash it to restore warranty?
    If you find the solution - please let me know.....

Has anybody successfully unlocked the bootloader via the official Asus app on marshmallow? Because when I try I get "application has stopped" at the very last step.

Anyone with success unlocked the BL and flashed TWRP on MM for the ZE551KL (ZOOT)?
    Thanks