• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Zenfone 3 Deluxe Special Edition in the US?

Search This thread

ProFragger

Jan 9, 2009
Hi Guys,

Really anxious to order me a Special Edition from the Asus store or Amazon or B&H but, I only see it on the Asus website, saying it's out of stock and thanks to their buggy website, I can't even get notifications of its restocking via email either :crying:

So just wanted to check with you friends, here, do you guys have more information? Thanks so much! ?

Reactions: galaxys

jumpermb

Feb 5, 2011
I ordered mine via the ASUS store and received it last week. Was supposed to get shipped on the 19th but they said they had a delay and it was a couple of days late. You should be able to still place your order even though it's not in stock. They won't charge you until it ships so you have some time to change your mind.

Reactions: galaxys

ProFragger

Jan 9, 2009
I ordered mine via the ASUS store and received it last week. Was supposed to get shipped on the 19th but they said they had a delay and it was a couple of days late. You should be able to still place your order even though it's not in stock. They won't charge you until it ships so you have some time to change your mind.

No option to order bud, if you find a way to do it, can you please share?

How do you like the phone? The US phone working well with the local carriers, battery life, and such? Can you share some input?

+1 I'm also interested in the Special Edition, but no one's has stock in US! Did they only make a 100 of these... :D :eek: And ebay is over opriced for now.

I hear ya buddy... So disappointed and crappy website by Asus as well ?...

dktrwatson

Oct 2, 2010

How do you like the phone? The US phone working well with the local carriers, battery life, and such? Can you share some input?

I hear ya buddy... So disappointed and crappy website by Asus as well ?...

I have the 64GB deluxe version and the battery life is much better than my old Note 4. Been unplugged for 12 hours with moderate use. I have outlook running for 3 accounts and all my previous apps installed to compare. Where my Note 4 would be dead in 6 hours I am still at 46%. No issues on AT&T right out of the box. Full 4G and no provisioning needed like others have mentioned. I do not miss my Samsung at all. I just wish the charging cable was 6ft.

ProFragger

Jan 9, 2009
I have the 64GB deluxe version and the battery life is much better than my old Note 4. Been unplugged for 12 hours with moderate use. I have outlook running for 3 accounts and all my previous apps installed to compare. Where my Note 4 would be dead in 6 hours I am still at 46%. No issues on AT&T right out of the box. Full 4G and no provisioning needed like others have mentioned. I do not miss my Samsung at all. I just wish the charging cable was 6ft.

Much appreciate the valuable feedback, my friend. What's the screen on time?

And as a Note 4 user... Probably used to the Samsung camera quality... How's the camera on this bad boy? ?

Really appreciate it again... Just so hoping for the Special Edition to be available again and a solid Root option!

dktrwatson

Oct 2, 2010
Much appreciate the valuable feedback, my friend. What's the screen on time?

And as a Note 4 user... Probably used to the Samsung camera quality... How's the camera on this bad boy? ?

Really appreciate it again... Just so hoping for the Special Edition to be available again and a solid Root option!

Screen on time is almost 4 hours. I am at 17 hours since last charged and have been using the flashlight awhile tonight. Still have 15% remaining.
Camera is good so far, but I have not gone in depth with it. I can say it takes excellent video in medium to low light though, and the image stabilization works great. HD vids that bounce will make me sick when watching, but this is smooth.

The fingerprint sensor is fast and does not require you to wake the phone first. Just make sure to input your finger at different angles during setup.

The Asus flip case with the portal looking notification screen is more gimmick than protection. It looks cool but it attaches with a peel and stick backing and only covers the front and back. The protection it offers is minimal since it does not cover the sides at all. My Note 3 was all aluminum body and when dropped on its side without a case it punched a dent in that shattered the screen.

Last edited:

ProFragger

Jan 9, 2009
Screen on time is almost 4 hours. I am at 17 hours since last charged and have been using the flashlight awhile tonight. Still have 15% remaining.
Camera is good so far, but I have not gone in depth with it. I can say it takes excellent video in medium to low light though, and the image stabilization works great. HD vids that bounce will make me sick when watching, but this is smooth.

The fingerprint sensor is fast and does not require you to wake the phone first. Just make sure to input your finger at different angles during setup.

The Asus flip case with the portal looking notification screen is more gimmick than protection. It looks cool but it attaches with a peel and stick backing and only covers the front and back. The protection it offers is minimal since it does not cover the sides at all. My Note 3 was all aluminum body and when dropped on its side without a case it punched a dent in that shattered the screen.

Thanks again good Sir... Wish that SOT was longer with a Full HD screen... I get that much with my LG V10 which is a 2K screen! Couple of other questions:

1. Does the software offer a one-handed mode?
2. Does the Camera have manual controls? 4K video recording?
3. Does the front camera have a "Beauty mode"?
4. Front camera is not a wide angle lens right?

Thanks again!

Back to the topic: Please anybody post in this thread if you get updates from Asus or see the phone pop up on the website again. Thank you! ☺

jumpermb

Feb 5, 2011

I hear ya buddy... So disappointed and crappy website by Asus as well ...

So far so good. AT&T had an issue with data service and it took them a few tries to get it to work. Eventually they had to use the IMEI number from my old phone on the SIM card to get data service as the AT&T database kept recognizing the phone as a motorola.

Camera does have manual controls and 4k video recording and it does have a one-handed mode. Front camera does have a "Beautification Mode", not sure on the wide angle.

Blues-n-Blazin

May 18, 2015
So far so good. AT&T had an issue with data service and it took them a few tries to get it to work. Eventually they had to use the IMEI number from my old phone on the SIM card to get data service as the AT&T database kept recognizing the phone as a motorola.

Camera does have manual controls and 4k video recording and it does have a one-handed mode. Front camera does have a "Beautification Mode", not sure on the wide angle.
My dads SD820 wouldn't recognize the sim card correctly either. I will have him goto the store again and have them do it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Really anxious to order me a Special Edition from the Asus store or Amazon or B&H but, I only see it on the Asus website, saying it's out of stock and thanks to their buggy website, I can't even get notifications of its restocking via email either :crying:

So just wanted to check with you friends, here, do you guys have more information? Thanks so much! ?
    +1 I'm also interested in the Special Edition, but no one has stock in US! Did they only make a 100 of these... :D :eek: And ebay is over priced for now.