• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

zenfone 3 deluxe ZS550KL volume/power button unresponsive ?????

Search This thread

jmizz

Jun 29, 2017
so last night my phone just all the sudden just black and power button was unresponsive. I plugged it into my charger and my main menu screen appeared. My battery was at 84 percent so i know the battery wasn't dead. The only way i am able to turn my phone on now is by the double tap function. I have done system updates and such and am still not able to figure out this issue. Hopefully someone from here can help me out. :confused:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Sounds like a harware problem but can't test unless you have unlocked your bootloader, rooted and installed a power toggle widget from the playstore.
A reboot might fix it but if the power switch is no good then heaven help you if the power dies.

jmizz

Jun 29, 2017
Sounds like a harware problem but can't test unless you have unlocked your bootloader, rooted and installed a power toggle widget from the playstore.
A reboot might fix it but if the power switch is no good then heaven help you if the power dies.

okay, I can follow steps on here to root my phone. Would I be able to turn the phone off then back on with toggle widget once phone powered off? Thanks for the reply. I'm just lost with this one. Phones only a week old but don't have purchase receipt to validate warranty.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
okay, I can follow steps on here to root my phone. Would I be able to turn the phone off then back on with toggle widget once phone powered off? Thanks for the reply. I'm just lost with this one. Phones only a week old but don't have purchase receipt to validate warranty.

Nope, would suggest an RMA as you need to use power button to turn off and on.
Remember, if you bought it online you might have an emailed receipt or, if bought at a shop, they might be able to reprint the receipt as long as you can supply date and roughly the time. Helps if they register the receipt in a database as I've had them retrieved from 2 years prior that way...

jmizz

Jun 29, 2017
Nope, would suggest an RMA as you need to use power button to turn off and on.
Remember, if you bought it online you might have an emailed receipt or, if bought at a shop, they might be able to reprint the receipt as long as you can supply date and roughly the time. Helps if they register the receipt in a database as I've had them retrieved from 2 years prior that way...

Yea turns out there is no way to recover receipt. I actually bought this from a close friend who bought it randomly off someone so no way to get warranty unfortunately. I was in need of a phone because my zenfone 2 fell in a lake. lol. Do you know of anyway i can do a hardware reset via data cable? Thanks again for your help.