Zenfone 7 Pro CellBand USA Compatibility

Search This thread

round2

Oct 16, 2018
ATT will ONLY work upto 3g. You will see an H on top the signal bar which indicates a Enhanced 3g speed also know as HSPA speed connection. I have tried 2 new sim cards. I have tried several APN's I have tried all updates and a reset. No 4G and no 5G on ATT. Unless someone can tell me something new, this phone will not FULLY work on ATT. Text works. Calls work. Internet is sort of hit and miss with decent signal but again rather slow.

T Mobile will ONLY work upto 4g. No Volte although it seems to have the capability of Volte it cant not work with Tmobile Volte because it seems the cell bands are not compatible. Text work. Internet works rather fast, Good solid signal however no 5G and no Volte due to incompatible cell bands.

I did research on this subject and found that the ATT cell bands for everything including 5G do seem to be compatible with the 7 pro but again, it does not FULLY work oddly

I also did research on Tmobile cell bands and the bands for 5G are not even close to being compatible. Volte is also non compatible. 4g is compatible and works..

veekay

May 15, 2008
That is disappointing to hear as I have been looking into this phone and assumed it would have full usage on ATT.

juanappleseed

May 28, 2015
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
ATT will ONLY work upto 3g. You will see an H on top the signal bar which indicates a Enhanced 3g speed also know as HSPA speed connection. I have tried 2 new sim cards. I have tried several APN's I have tried all updates and a reset. No 4G and no 5G on ATT. Unless someone can tell me something new, this phone will not FULLY work on ATT. Text works. Calls work. Internet is sort of hit and miss with decent signal but again rather slow.

T Mobile will ONLY work upto 4g. No Volte although it seems to have the capability of Volte it cant not work with Tmobile Volte because it seems the cell bands are not compatible. Text work. Internet works rather fast, Good solid signal however no 5G and no Volte due to incompatible cell bands.

I did research on this subject and found that the ATT cell bands for everything including 5G do seem to be compatible with the 7 pro but again, it does not FULLY work oddly

I also did research on Tmobile cell bands and the bands for 5G are not even close to being compatible. Volte is also non compatible. 4g is compatible and works..
I got volte to work on tmobile for anyone who is reading this later. Fairly easy to do after the pain of figuring it out was over. My data also fluctuates between 4G and LTE (4G+) as well.

Sep 11, 2011
How did you get T-Mobile to activate the service on your phone? They just tell me it's not compatible.

Sorry, thought you were asking about setting up Volte on the Zenfone 7, so I pasted that link.

To use this phone in TMobile, no special activation is needed. Just a tmobile sim that can handle voice / data.