Question zenfone 8 android 12 root

Search This thread

bonjojeb

Apr 27, 2017
Никто еще не сделал ROOT на прошивке ww_31.1004.0404.73 ?

Translation:
Nobody has done ROOT on ww_31.1004.0404.73 firmware yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

bonjojeb

Apr 27, 2017

Извлеките boot.img и исправьте его с помощью Magisk, затем установите пропатченный загрузочный образ.​

У меня проблема с извлечением boot.img , если для вас не проблема могли бы скинуть уже извлеченный boot.img, буду очень благодарен!

Translation:
I have a problem with the extraction of boot.img, if it is not a problem for you could throw off the already extracted boot.img, I will be very grateful!

Bofahad

Nov 14, 2013
У меня проблема с извлечением boot.img , если для вас не проблема могли бы скинуть уже извлеченный boot.img, буду очень благодарен!
Use Payload Dumper to extract the boot.img file .

bonjojeb

Apr 27, 2017
это хорошо когда понимаешь

Translation:
it's good when you understand

zegoo

Feb 21, 2010
Hi, why writing in russian there ?
Est-ce que je peux écrire en français ? 😁

santakiller12

Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys, for some reason, my driver will not install and for fastboot I can't flash my phone because fastboot can't see it, does anyone have the driver?

dohanin

Hey guys, for some reason, my driver will not install and for fastboot I can't flash my phone because fastboot can't see it, does anyone have the driver?
Hi,

I encountered the same problem. While Windows can recognise my phone in ADB mode, it can't in Fastboot mode. In device manager, it's showing as Unknown Device. I was already using the latest driver from Asus.

Later I found that the device id string (as seen in Device Manager) is indeed different from ADB and not found in the driver's inf file. I had to manually change it and then make Windows to allow unsigned driver.

Maybe you can have a look to check your device id first, see if it's the same problem as mine.

Last edited:

santakiller12

Jun 14, 2013
@dohanin when I try to install the drivers from the official website it says
and yes I do have the same situation where the system could see the phone in ADB but not fastboot
1642076831011.png

What do you mean you changed the ID? Could you tell me steps on how you did that?

santakiller12

Jun 14, 2013
The idea is to push patched-boot.img to my phone to get magisk working but the system doesn't detect my phone in fastboot mode.
1642078835321.png

dohanin

Seems your situation is not exactly as mine. For me, Windows simply showed Unknown device instead of ASUS_I006D.

Anyway, I did not change the ID of my device (I don't know how), but I changed the Windows driver to match that of my device.

You can find the Hardware ID of your device reported to Windows by the following steps:
- looking for your device in Device Manager (when your phone is connected in fastboot mode)
- then go to Details tab
- Note down the Hardware IDs. It should be something like USB\VID_0B05&PID_7770

For my case, I cannot find the ID in the drivers install file (android_winusb.inf, inside the drivers zip file). So I added it there, then right-click it and install the driver again.

jerryhou85

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Никто еще не сделал ROOT на прошивке ww_31.1004.0404.73 ?

Translation:
Nobody has done ROOT on ww_31.1004.0404.73 firmware yet?
Kindly post your question in English and/or your native language for more users to understand and feedback. I have made the translation for you this time by using Google Translate. You could use any translator website to post the translation. Thanks for understanding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, fastboot worked perfectly on my Mac, so use Mac to sent patched boot img if it doesn't work on Windows
    My first attempt (from latest stock A11 to latest root stock A11) did not went so well and I had to factory reset my device. I flashed it so now I have stock A12 running. I would still like to root my device. Is this the proper procedure:

- Backup device
    - unlock bootloader with Asus tool
    - download latest A12 rom.
    - Extract boot.img with Payload Dumper on pc
    - transfer boot.img from pc to device
    - Install latest Magisk on device (playstore)
    - Patch boot.img with Magisk --> patched boot.img
    - Connect device to pc
    - transfer boot.img from device to pc and put in ADB folder
    - go to ADB folder run:
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - to test run adb boot.img fastboot boot patched-image.img
    - if rebooting works/no loop: fastboot flash boot patched-image.img
    - Reboot device; It should boot into A12 WITH root capabilities.

Is that all? Please add to this list.

separate question: Does a rooted A12 still recieve OTA updates? And if not..... does relocking the bootloader do?