I have done the same thing with VirtualBox however when I try to re-connent later the tablet will now connect. VirtualBox does not even recognize it. Have you had that problem? If so how did you fix it?
Seems like HcH has made a Honeycomb mod Android 2.2 for the F model.
ohwzo page (Dutch Page)
ZT180v2, HcH’z modded version of Zenithink’s “android_2.2_512_4GB_10_0613 with F” ROM:
* Android 2.2
* 10″ Display
* Blue LED
* ZT-180 Chipset
* 4 GB Internal SD
* 512MB RAM
- This firmware can dualboot into Android and Windows CE
1. Download the update
2. Open the download with Winrar or 7z
3. unzip/unrar to a folder named: zt-update
4. Cut and paste the folder to the root of a TF (MicroSD)
5. Remove TF safely from PC and place TF into ZT-180
7. Press and hold the round button while pressing the Power button. When asket: update spl? Press the "menu" button to start the installation.
8. After installation it will reboot into "HcH’s Honeycomb mod".
What has been altered:
* Dual Boot WinCE/Android (press right volume button at boot to select ‘other OS’)
* Default it boots Android
* Created bootanimation fit for the ZT-180 HoneyComb styled
* Added 4 HoneyComb wallpapers as defaults to choose from
* Default wallpaper is the HoneyComb City
* Removed a lot of outdated pre installed apps
* Added a OOB working Root Explorer
* Added Universal AndRoot for full root access (use without superuser!)
* Modded framework with the HoneyComb framework for a more snappy look
Current HoneyComb MODs in the framework:
- Gallery style
- Map and media
- Panel and picture frames
- Battery meter
- Wifi indicator
* Remove 15 stock apps
* Disable phone services
* Mod the build.prop
* Optimize memory
* Boost SD Speed (mmcblk1x)
* Boost internal SD Speed (mmcblk0x)
* Pre-installed the proper flash player (not finished)
* Boost scrolling speeds
* Boost UI rendering
I've tried to d/l from this location. It was not easy. After I signed up it wanted to d/l an installer. Also popped up 3rd party screen for gambling or some such nonsense. I am reluctant to pursue this website.
Why not place this in a more accessible location?
In the past some folks used mediafire or dbank.
If anyone has success with the d/l-s please share.
You probably flashed the wrong zImage for your tablet, I always get cofused about which one I should tell people to use, I think you flashed a 600 when you should flash the 576 one (or it could be the other way around, LOL).....**Nevermind*** had the wrong file.
I have a ZT180 I picked up from a local classifieds. As I couldnt remove all the personal crap from the previous owner, I decided to flash it with the instructions on the very first post in this forum.
Everything is working good with the exception that about the last 20 or 30 pixels all the way down the bottom are "stretched" out. its like it doesn't know what the true resolution of the screen is. Any help?
I have 1204fw, i see your 2931 post.. i understeand with your mod you have improved the wifi?
How can i make this improve, can you explain what i must to do?
I cant find the ftdi zImage from 1126..
Can you help me? Please..
Thanks and rellay sorry fom my bad english..
I have a Ruby 1.2 576 display ZT-180 Tablet, and the 1204 kernel was causing some strange behavior, like on a cold boot there would just be a blank black screen after the android graphic logo finished loading, and would always have to reboot, and the wifi always seemed to go to "sleep" a lot (while in the same location with excellent signal strength) even though I told it in advanced setting to never turn it off. My solution was going to go back to the 1126 beta, but I didn't feel like flashing everything and setting up the tablet again, so i only place the ftdi.rar zImage into /sdcard/zt-update and flashed on boot, hadn't had any problems since.......
Rooting is just a way to get access to the system files.....
What ROM are you using now?Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I have had my ZT180 for about a month now, and have got used to using it. It currently has the android 2.1, and I am starting to feel like it is limited, and would like to upgrade (to run 2.2 apps, flash, etc.). I have been viewing all the info on this site, and have been become overwelmed with the amount of information, as well as the versions of os, and upgrading software. I have modded, and updated other devices in the past, so I am not a total newbie at this. I was just wondering if there is a step by step guide I could use to update my pad, as I do not want to have re-update after I possible upgrade to a substandard version of the os. I may be wrong, maybe Version 2.1 as perfectly adaquate, as I do not know any better at this point. Any help would be appreciated. thanks