zergRush can root xperia Arc .42 fw

Search This thread

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
@XperienceD, saved my hair lol. No matter what I tried, ota would not install 2.3.4.

Sent via subspace beacon from my Arc.

mr.alawi

Apr 15, 2011
can this method work on Xperia Arc ??? cause i only see that it works on Xperia Play..

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Yep, works fine on my Arc running 4.0.2.A.0.42, bootloader locked. Can access root using Root Explorer, so everything seems to be fine for now. Finally, no need to risk having the 0% battery problem anymore :D

Last edited:

Zedd.

May 27, 2011
Birmingham
Thanks, mate . I've been a bit apprehensive of rooting by unlocking the bootloader or downgrading by flashing.

This method ought to settle those qualms I've had about the above.

Cheers!

didnt work for me gave error after step 11 in guide was couldnt find mkdir /data/local/tmp" or something similar tried the step after that one same again tried repeating guide three times so just gave up.Is there not a one click one for arc tried one i think for samsung other day but to my suprise it didnt work. help please!

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
screenshot201110252048.png
screenshot2011102520481.png

Thanx Man!

No more downgrade bulls**t, but we need one-click solution for the people not used to adb_shell....:D

May 28, 2010
didnt work for me gave error after step 11 in guide was couldnt find mkdir /data/local/tmp" or something similar tried the step after that one same again tried repeating guide three times so just gave up.Is there not a one click one for arc tried one i think for samsung other day but to my suprise it didnt work. help please!

You forgot to type in exit ;) you were still in the adb shell :) made the same error, afterwards it worked.

Downloading the SDK took longer than the rooting process. Worked great and easy using the noob guide, thx :)

e3sssar

Oct 13, 2008
I got the following message :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
error: device not found

What should I do?

please note that the device is connected to the PC and it recognize it!

Thanks a lot in advance :)

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
I got the following message :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
error: device not found

What should I do?

please note that the device is connected to the PC and it recognize it!

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Is your phone on? Did you "tick" on USB debugging to enable it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts