Zero Camera Mod - Bitrates+JPG | 4K HDR + QHD@60 | H265 | - G930/G935 - 12 Oct

Search This thread

Gggggas

Dec 9, 2013
Nougat is out for T-Mobile variant SD820, my mobile is HK variant too currently using your mod on MM, Basically whenever you make it works with nougat SD820, I will flash nougat rom. Please make it when you free.=]
Video shoot using your mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_HQp7YmRK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Fjn0Y-2cs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2t1sPvIAmg
Awesome videos man! I enjoyed watching them. What an amazing camera we have!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Echoe magic

Reactions: uk_alextse

uk_alextse

Mar 12, 2014
Awesome videos man! I enjoyed watching them. What an amazing camera we have!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Echoe magic

It is just random videos, but it can be capture with this high quality anytime which is awesome, I would say this quality with this mod already matched go pro hero 5.

Remember to shoot in pro mode and enable auto focus after start recording, This is very important, the default of video recording is tap focus and will not refocus, you have to tap the screen after start recording then tap AF. The autofocus is amazingly quick, you won't really see when it is focusing.

Reactions: Gggggas

Gggggas

Dec 9, 2013
It is just random videos, but it can be capture with this high quality anytime which is awesome, I would say this quality with this mod already matched go pro hero 5.

Remember to shoot in pro mode and enable auto focus after start recording, This is very important, the default of video recording is tap focus and will not refocus, you have to tap the screen after start recording then tap AF. The autofocus is amazingly quick, you won't really see when it is focusing.
Excellent info buddy, thanks for letting us know :)
It's impressing to see that it matches your Hero 5 quality!

Reactions: uk_alextse

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
Remember to shoot in pro mode and enable auto focus after start recording, This is very important, the default of video recording is tap focus and will not refocus, you have to tap the screen after start recording then tap AF.
Sorry this is wrong, in every mode the auto focus for video recording is enabled by default. Tested on two S7E at that moment.

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
may be it is my mistake, but I found doing that the whole video will be more in focus :D
Placebo. Auto focus is auto focus. Even the widely known 'tweak' to use Pro mode for reduced post processing. I did many tests to prove that's wrong. It is a little bit different post processing with worse results in comparison to auto mode (same scene, same ISO etc. settings).

uk_alextse

Mar 12, 2014
Placebo. Auto focus is auto focus. Even the widely known 'tweak' to use Pro mode for reduced post processing. I did many tests to prove that's wrong. It is a little bit different post processing with worse results in comparison to auto mode (same scene, same ISO etc. settings).

are you saying auto mode is better then pro mode? but you cannot set the iso and the correct shutter speed in auto mode.

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
are you saying auto mode is better then pro mode? but you cannot set the iso and the correct shutter speed in auto mode.
In terms of post processing it is. The best 'mode' ist 'sports mode' because it will set shutter priority. This will introduce a way lower possibility to have motion blur from objects captured. THIS will make the difference between a mediocre 200,00 $ Smartphone Camera and the S7E Camera. If there is much light any camera will take good pictures. But no smartphone camera can reach a SLR, therefore your goal have to be taking clear picutures. The ISO setting is not the problem you have manual to adjust. Even at '50', the small sensor and the exaggerated post processing won't produce wonders. And then having a slowly shutter speed will make it even worse.
So: If there is light, just use sports mode and you will have sharp motion pictures. At night shooting resting objects use auto mode. Video recording is always the same in every mode. I see no reason for taking 4K videos, the seemingly better picture, the amount of storage consumed, battery drained is in no relationship to a normal 1080p footage. Of course your resolution is higher means more details but seriously 1. your smartphone can't show it in native resolution 2. you can't share it that easy because too big file 3. 4K is still not a comprehensive standard.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: diazepambr

uk_alextse

Mar 12, 2014
In terms of post processing it is. The best 'mode' ist 'sports mode' because it will set shutter priority. This will introduce a way lower possibility to have motion blur from objects captured. THIS will make the difference between a mediocre 200,00 $ Smartphone Camera and the S7E Camera. If there is much light any camera will take good pictures. But no smartphone camera can reach a SLR, therefore your goal have to be taking clear picutures. The ISO setting is not the problem you have manual to adjust. Even at '50', the small sensor and the exaggerated post processing won't produce wonders. And then having a slowly shutter speed will make it even worse.
So: If there is light, just use sports mode and you will have sharp motion pictures. At night shooting resting objects use auto mode. Video recording is always the same in every mode. I see no reason for taking 4K videos, the seemingly better picture, the amount of storage consumed, battery drained is in no relationship to a normal 1080p footage. Of course your resolution is higher meany more details but seriously 1. your smartphone can't show it in native resolution 2. you can't share it that easy because to big file 3. 4K is still not a comprehensive standard.
Just my two cents.

i mainly used my s7 to shoot video. in 4k the device is shooting at 30fps, so for the most cinematic view, you would like to set the shutter speed double your frame rate, that the rule of thumb, otherwise your video will be choppe. therefore 1/60 is the most ideal. if you turn the shutter speed to high, the entire video will be sharper and jumply. in bright condition I need to use nd filter to actually stop the amount of light getting into the camera even at iso 50, I custom made a case for 37mm filter.

for still picture, if I can shoot raw I will just shoot raw. because I can use Lightroom later.

the lower the iso the less noise. so I always try to use the lowest iso.

many ppl now have 2k monitor and 4k tv, I do think the need 4k is necessary.

battery is not really draining a lot in the rom I am using, 40mins of 4k over 40GB of file, I still have 55% battery left. for the bitrate if 120mbps I also need a U3 sd card to make sure it does not drop frame.

other mode just won't work for me as I need all manual setting. the ability to lock white balance shutter and iso. I hate when it is keep changing in the video.

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
for still picture, if I can shoot raw I will just shoot raw. because I can use Lightroom later.

the lower the iso the less noise. so I always try to use the lowest iso.

many ppl now have 2k monitor and 4k tv, I do think the need 4k is necessary.

battery is not really draining a lot in the rom I am using, 40mins of 4k over 40GB of file, I still have 55% battery left. for the bitrate if 120mbps I also need a U3 sd card to make sure it does not drop frame.

other mode just won't work for me as I need all manual setting. the ability to lock white balance shutter and iso. I hate when it is keep changing in the video.
Yeah this is your opinion. In my opinion it is nonsense trying to turn your smartphone to a SLR. Real raw editing has to done with 'camera raw' and adobe photoshop cc. The raw result from this tiny smartphone sensor is not worth the work. And fast picture sharing is blocked too.
Wrong, only a few people have 4K TV, even your smartphone can't show it in native resolution.
Battery draining in camparision to 1080p recording was the subject, not your ROM.

uk_alextse

Mar 12, 2014
Yeah this is your opinion. In my opinion it is nonsense trying to turn your smartphone to a SLR. Real raw editing has to done with 'camera raw' and adobe photoshop cc. The raw result from this tiny smartphone sensor is not worth the work. And fast picture sharing is blocked too.
Wrong, only a few people have 4K TV, even your smartphone can't show it in native resolution.
Battery draining in camparision to 1080p recording was the subject, not your ROM.

I just try to get the full potential of this camera, and I am happy with the result. I can't afford to buy any raw video camera. I found downscaling from 4k to 1080p and always better then pure 1080p, just my opinion.

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
I just try to get the full potential of this camera, and I am happy with the result. I can't afford to buy any raw video camera. I found downscaling from 4k to 1080p and always better then pure 1080p, just my opinion.
Yes this is nice and your right :) I just wanted to say that 'AF' is always active at the beginning of every mode. That's right, downscaling 4K will look better, but again, this can't be done on your smartphone and therefore it is not very 'smart' when you can't even share a short video with others (without a lot of work and storage space).

uk_alextse

Mar 12, 2014
Yes this is nice and your right :) I just wanted to say that 'AF' is always active at the beginning of every mode. That's right, downscaling 4K will look better, but again, this can't be done on your smartphone and therefore it is not very 'smart' when you can't even share a short video with others (without a lot of work and storage space).

cool cool~ I still share it with whatsapp, it automatically downscale it.:)

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
Yeah, in very ****ty quality. As I said your 4K is a nive to have but at same time nonsense.

luly

Nov 5, 2016
Are these settings the recomended settings with the MOD downloaded trough Play Store?

JPG quality - 96 > 98
JPG burst quality - 92 > 98

1080p - 17mbps > 30mbps
1080p60 - 28mbps > 50mbps
1440p - 25mbps > 44mbps
720p - 12mbps > 20mbps
4K - 48mbps > 64mbps
Slow Motion 240fps - 72mbps > 120mbps

Chazin

Feb 10, 2017
Question

I have a question about the MOD of the play store I bought the MOD but the truth I do not know what are the correct values that should put someone can tell me which are the most optimal? thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• QHD @ 60fps (2560x1440) - Exynos Nougat Only
    • HDR for 4K / QHD**
    • AutoFocus Tracking all modes
    • Increased Bitrates
    • Increased JPG quality for single and burst shots.
    • Installs latest Samsung Camera revision
    • Video Effects for modes 4K / QHD**
    • Remove No Flash limit at 15% battery
    • H265 / HEVC Mode - App
    • Adjust Edge Sharpness & DeNoise settings - App (Exynos Nougat only)
    • Remove 4GB video file size limit - App
    • Custom Shutter Speed > 10 seconds - App
    • Choose your own custom Gallery - App
    • Optional Magisk Module - App only
    12 Oct - App & Flashable Zip
    Camera update 7.6.82

Oreo EREM 7.6.60 | 7.6.82 / Nougat/MM 6.5.63 / MM 5.0.97
    Telegram group - ZeroCameraMod
    ** S8 Port roms can use S8 App ** - Camera Mod S8

Install App OR Flashable ZIP (Use only one)

App available to change your own settings. Includes additional features.
    Download App - The App is separate than the flashable mod, works standalone.
    Buying the App helps support me so I can continue to work on it and find new features.
    If you have previously bought an older version and wish to swap. Contact me with your Play Store Email.

Download Zip
    Flashable Mod by TWRP.​

You can confirm the bitrate of videos by using MediaInfo and JPG quality JPGSnoop

App Screenshot - Play Store Link
    xda_ss.png

JPG quality - 96 > 98
    JPG burst quality - 92 > 98

4K - 48mbps > 62mbps
    1080p60 - 28mbps > 36mbps
    1440p - 25mbps > 32mbps
    1080p - 17mbps > 22mbps
    720p - 12mbps > 16mbps
    Slow Motion 240fps - 72mbps > 100mbps

QHD @ 60fps test videos

4K HDR Comparison On / Off

Custom Shutter Speed > 10 seconds
    10_second_Exposure_xda.jpg

20_second_Exposure_xda.jpg

05 Jul - App / Flashable Zip
    Camera update v7.6.60 Oreo (EREM> build only)

21 Dec - App
    H265 / HEVC Mode - Toggle for each resolution.

14 Dec - App & Flashable Mod
    QHD 60fps now replaces 1:1 mode
    QHD 60fps now optional - App.
    Minor fixes
    I'm working on a Nougat version.

I'm also doing a paid app so you can mod your own bitrates and settings. Recompiles on the phone.
    Flashable mod updated.

HDR for 4K / QHD
    AutoFocus Tracking all modes
    Video Effects for modes 4K / QHD
    Updated Camera v6.5.50
    Hi @ all

Is it possible to set exposuretime to 30 seconds or higher?

I mean with samung stock*camera*app or mod. No third party apps.

I think its only limited by software.
    Hope its possible... *fingercross*

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I've just done a 20 second exposure !
    Just got to find the best way to implement it.
    Samsung Camera 6.5.63 has been released.

I took the liberty of implementing the mods from Zero into it.

Enjoy :)