Zero Camera Mod - Sharpness/Denoise | Remove Recording Limits | - G960/G965 - 18 Aug

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Thanks for the quick reply.
HOWEVER, I ran this, flashed the mod as directed in TWRP, and as before I have a broken camera!
Same as before.
Restoring default camera does nothing.
And same as before the fix is to full wipe and flash rom new.
Clearly this has NOT been tested with 7.3!
OR, if I'm doing something wrong please tell me!

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Regarding the purchased version, can someone recommend some improved sharpening/denoise settings to use on the S9+ ? I'm somewhat having a hard time deciding whats better.

Gruby4D

Jan 20, 2017
Still black screen and FC. Using the app. I had a flashed version for months and had no problems. I have the latest DevBase by alxndr. Restoring app did nothing. I deleted the magisk module and the old camera worked. Flashed using the app again and again FC and black screen. Clearing app data or cache does nothing.

Gruby4D

Jan 20, 2017
Are we really not going to get any response on the issue? At least a reassurance that this is being fixed or something?

G

GuestK00195

Updates are coming too slow. Not usable with eg soldiers rom.

Camera should be updated as soon as an update comes

martin80k

Aug 31, 2010
Yeh I think it requires the new bootloader. I need to split the cameras depending on what Rom version you use.
Hello camera on s9+ is terrible both front (soft for photos, messy for videos) and rear (saturated and still soft, videos blinking shaking and overprocessing) can you do a real life comparison to the stock camera? I am on a stock rom. I am considering to return s9+ If camera won't improve as I am shocked it gets away with these shortcomings because even my old iphone 6 plus is much smoother and realistic with no postprocessing and other mess going on in s9+

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I am one of the people who purchased the app. I hope the developer is doing well and he will soon finally post an update... In this case however there are new things he has to consider.

1. The latest camera version. 8.5 etc.
2. The note 9 camera port for the s9 and s9+. The camera port brings a certain new set of functionality to the s9 and it should not be disregarded under any circumstances. Those of us who paid for the app, should NOT have to chose between simple camera with slightly better settings, or ported camera with new functions. Both cameras should be implemented in the apps ability to improve the settings.

I kindly ask for the developers' understanding and hope he can at least write a small post to reassure us that he is well and we will be seeing news from him soon.

Thank you.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
1. Latest version of camera for S9 is 8.1...18 ! not 8.5, it's N9 !
2. Camera Mod S9 already supporting ported N9 Cam & N9 ROM, so...

Thank you for your input rifek4

1. Good point.
2. The mod supports the actual note 9 and not the ported camera for the S9 that you helped make. Will it be possible to install the note 9 ZERO mod on the s9 and set the settings and so on...? I am sure that with time you will figure out the framework issues and will manage to get the n9 port fully working on the s9 and then we will need the ZERO mod to be able to improve the settings further on.

Last edited:

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
1. :good:
2. APK of camera isn't ported. It's always untouched APK of the device from which is "ported" ROM or cam if just only copied APK as me did ;) But... In that case to get working AI feature there's needed kernel and framework edit (some small things from N9 kernel source/framework to S9 one's) ;)

Fair enough, lets hope that this will soon be possible :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Increased Bitrates (30% over stock) - 4K60, 4K, QHD, 1080p60, Slow Motion
    • Increased JPG quality for single and burst shots.
    • No Recording Time Limits
    • AutoFocus Tracking all modes
    • Installs latest Samsung Camera revision
    • Remove 4GB video file size limit - App only
    • Adjust Photo/Video Edge Sharpness & DeNoise settings - App only (Exynos only currently)
    • Custom bitrates - App only
    • 1080p, 18:5:9, 720p bitrate adjustment - App only
    • Custom Shutter Speed > 10 seconds - App only
    • Choose your own custom Gallery - App only
    • Optional Magisk Module - App only
    18 Aug - App
    Camera update v8.1.00.18

Camera version - v8.1.00.18
    Telegram group - ZeroCameraMod
    ** S9 / S9+ Devices ONLY (Ported cameras use J4 camera) **

Install App OR Flashable ZIP (Use only one)

App available to change your own settings. Includes additional features.
    Download App - The App is separate than the flashable mod, works standalone.
    Buying the App helps support me so I can continue to work on it and find new features.
    If you have previously bought an older version and wish to swap. Contact me with your Play Store Email.

Flashable Mod by TWRP.​

You can confirm the bitrate of videos by using MediaInfo and JPG quality JPGSnoop

App Screenshot - Play Store Link
    xda_ss.png

JPG quality - 96 > 98
    JPG burst quality - 92 > 98

4K60 - 72mbps > 92mbps
    4K60 HEVC - 42mbps > 56mbps
    4K - 48mbps > 62mbps
    4K HEVC - 28mbps > 36mbps
    1440p - 25mbps > 32mbps
    1440p HEVC - 15mbps > 20mbps
    1080p60 - 28mbps > 36mbps
    1080p60 HEVC - 16mbps > 21mbps
    1080p - 14mbps > 22mbps
    1080p HEVC - 8mbps > 11mbps
    18:5:9 - 16mbps > 21mbps
    18:5:9 HEVC - 10mbps > 13mbps
    720p - 9mbps > 16mbps
    720p HEVC - 5mbps > 9mbps
    Slow Motion 240fps - 9mbps > 12mbps

Super Slow Motion - 12mbps > 20mbps

Custom Shutter Speed > 10 seconds
    10_second_Exposure_xda.jpg

20_second_Exposure_xda.jpg

15 Jul - App
    Edge Sharpness and Denoise Settings (Exynos) - Photo/Video

01 Jul - App / Flashable Zip
    Updated camera v8.1.00.7

21 May - App / Flashable
    Initial Release v8.0.92

FAQ
    * I previously bought an older version and wish to swap. Email me through Play Store or PM me on Telegram.

01 Jul - App / Flashable Zip
    Updated camera v8.1.00.7
    15 Jul - App
    Edge Sharpness and Denoise Settings (Exynos) - Photo/Video

Interesting, just realised this also works for video too on the S9.
    Camera Mod doesn't work anymore on lastest BRG6 Android update. (just black screen and camera error pop-up)

On it updating to latest.
    FYI. Mod works without any issue if you select stock Samsung Gallery when flashing Soldier's BRG6 rom.

Edit: except super slow motion manual mode.

Yeh I think it requires the new bootloader. I need to split the cameras depending on what Rom version you use.