ZeroLemon LG G4 8500mAh TriCell Extended Battery Review

Search This thread

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
I have had the ZeroLemon 8500mAh battery and case for a week now.
The day I received it, I charged it to 100% and left it on the charger for an additional 3 hours as the instructions say.
I have a moto 360 connected to this phone all the time, and used a set of Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 bluetooth earbuds about 4 hours per day.
The very first charge I went 4 days without charging and ended up with 9.5 hours screen on time.
I left the brightness on 100% and had 2 email accounts on push as well as the usual Facebook, weather and other apps syncing.
I use my phone for both work and personal use so it had some heavy use.
I have been going 2 days now on the second charge and it sits at 78%.

As for the size of the case on the phone. It honestly is much smaller than I was expecting.
You can look at the pictures I have attached and see it is no bigger than an OtterBox Defender, it is just more square and not rounded.
The case does look like it would protect from small drops (desk height) and scuffs.
The front does sit a bit above the glass to keep the glass from ever touching anything when you set it down.

All of the openings and ports line up correctly and are big enough for normal use with no issues.
The speaker port is on the bottom of the phone instead of the back making for less muffled sounds when placed on a table.
The rear buttons are well placed and easy to use.
The case itself adds texture and does not feel near as slippery as the original backs.

Overall I would recommend this case to anyone who has to charge their phone throughout the day or who can benefit from multiple days between charges.
I can honestly say that the only (and this is minor) problem I found was the ports on the bottom of the phone allow dust ingress to the battery compartment.
Other than that, this is the perfect extended battery/case for your LG G4.

Case Dimension: 6.07" H x 3.15" W x 0.84" T
Case Weight with battery: 178g
Total Weight with phone, extended battery and case: 282.4g

10/10

I received this case in exchange for an honest review.

Attachments

• IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 15,301
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 15,825
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 16,089
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 15,938
Last edited:

pakitos

Sep 2, 2013
How long does it take to fully charge it? I don't think this battery support the Quick Charge 2.0 and I have noticed that it takes quite a while to charge the normal battery, sometimes up to 4 hours with a 5V 2.1A charger. I just ordered (had to) a Quick Charge 2.0 charger hoping I can reduce the total time to at least half that time.

I don't mind leaving it on an entire night every 4 days, but it kinds of worry me that if I ever get this it will take a huge time charing it.

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
How long does it take to fully charge it? I don't think this battery support the Quick Charge 2.0 and I have noticed that it takes quite a while to charge the normal battery, sometimes up to 4 hours with a 5V 2.1A charger. I just ordered (had to) a Quick Charge 2.0 charger hoping I can reduce the total time to at least half that time.

I don't mind leaving it on an entire night every 4 days, but it kinds of worry me that if I ever get this it will take a huge time charing it.

It took mine about 3 hours to reach 100% and then the directions state to let it charge for an additional 3 hours after it hits 100% to be fully charged.
So about 6 hours. I do as you described, every 3 or 4 days, depending on usage, I will fully charge the battery.
No it does not seem to support quick charge.

dontbeweakvato

May 16, 2013
St louis
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Hey @Milimbar i thought about getting it because I'm basically out I the field working all day and I like to listen to iHeartRadio. My job can be very dirty and hard sometimes so I need a tough case . The other extended battery cases seeing very crappy protective wise. The zerolemon case seems very good in that respect. The only thing holding me back is the thickness. Would you say it is twice the thickness of the g4? Elaborate on the thickness please.

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
Hey @Milimbar i thought about getting it because I'm basically out I the field working all day and I like to listen to iHeartRadio. My job can be very dirty and hard sometimes so I need a tough case . The other extended battery cases seeing very crappy protective wise. The zerolemon case seems very good in that respect. The only thing holding me back is the thickness. Would you say it is twice the thickness of the g4? Elaborate on the thickness please.

Case Dimension: 6.07X3.15X0.84 inches
So a little over 3/4" thick, just about twice as thick

I will add this to the review

PunishedSnake

Apr 12, 2014
Fresno
It's about it the same thickness as an otterbox

anactoraaron

Aug 29, 2011
St. Cloud, MN
My review- 4 out of 5

Rather than spam the accessories board with my own review I thought I would post mine here.

Incredible battery life (comparison to stock battery screenshots included). Minimal to moderate increase in thickness considering the battery rating (8500 mAh). It's actually not much bigger/thicker than an otterbox case (picture included). I honestly can't say enough about how great the battery life of my LG G4 is with this. Seriously I spent last Sunday trying my best to drain it in a day and couldn't, and the battery life has only gotten better over the first 4 full charge cycles (per zerolemon it takes 6 cycles to achieve max performance). Seriously after one day I wouldn't have recommended it (size and bulk with moderate battery gain), after two days it began to grow on me (as battery life improved), and now I will use this battery all the time (why stop gaming to swap batteries?). When I did nothing but play DS emulator games all day (almost 12 hrs) and still had 30+ percent left when the stock battery only managed just a bit over 4 hrs and was at 15% made me a believer in this battery (battery saver just kicked on but by the time I took a screenshot the battery showed 1% more - common when doing something that drains a battery quickly over a long period of time).

Recharge times aren't that bad- it's always at 100% when I wake up and sometimes that's been only after 6 hours. I haven't actually kept track of the recharge time but it's surely not 12 hours or anything ridiculous. I would bet it's in the 3-5 hour range.

So if it's so great, why only 4/5?

Well, for starters, I am constantly pressing the wrong button on the back of my phone. I don't think it would have been too difficult to add a little bump or something for finger orientation (a small speck of plastic on the power button would have been great). I'm pressing Vol + or Vol - when I want to press the power button, or pressing the power button when wanting something else - which I have resorted to actually turning the phone over and looking at the buttons first. I also don't think the case was designed for anything but to hold the battery to the back of the phone. Don't expect it to save your G4 if you drop it on concrete. The sides flex out a bit quite easily, so I would imagine that your phone will pop out of the case if dropped (likely removing the zerolemon battery in the process). So the battery is great, but the case could be better/more rigid/more refined (thus 4/5 for the case quality and lack of attention to detail in its design).

Size is substantial as I stated, and even though it was less than I expected, I was sad that my phone doesn't comfortably fit in my Moga Pro Power anymore. It's doable, but angled funny. Not a deal breaker.

One other thing to note is you will be without NFC using this battery. The NFC sticker is inside the factory back cover, so anyone who uses android pay/wallet will no longer be able to do so. I personally don't use NFC at all, so I won't miss anything.

Full disclosure: I received this item from ZeroLemon for free in exchange for an honest review of this item (thanks again ZeroLemon).

Attachments

• DSC_0073.jpg
    DSC_0073.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 2,233

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
I do not think mine has NFC either.
I will check when I get home, but there are no contacts on the battery to match up with the contacts on the phone for NFC.

I checked, and it defiantly does not have NFC on the battery I received.
That does not mean that they did not change it between when mine was made and what is currently for sale.
I doubt it though as they sent me this one to review. It is more probable that the listing is in error.

Last edited:

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
178G

Remember that does not mean it adds 178g.
You remove the original back and battery and replace them with the extended battery and case.
Rough guess the phone with the extended battery and case is a little over double the original weight.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had the ZeroLemon 8500mAh battery and case for a week now.
    The day I received it, I charged it to 100% and left it on the charger for an additional 3 hours as the instructions say.
    I have a moto 360 connected to this phone all the time, and used a set of Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 bluetooth earbuds about 4 hours per day.
    The very first charge I went 4 days without charging and ended up with 9.5 hours screen on time.
    I left the brightness on 100% and had 2 email accounts on push as well as the usual Facebook, weather and other apps syncing.
    I use my phone for both work and personal use so it had some heavy use.
    I have been going 2 days now on the second charge and it sits at 78%.

As for the size of the case on the phone. It honestly is much smaller than I was expecting.
    You can look at the pictures I have attached and see it is no bigger than an OtterBox Defender, it is just more square and not rounded.
    The case does look like it would protect from small drops (desk height) and scuffs.
    The front does sit a bit above the glass to keep the glass from ever touching anything when you set it down.

All of the openings and ports line up correctly and are big enough for normal use with no issues.
    The speaker port is on the bottom of the phone instead of the back making for less muffled sounds when placed on a table.
    The rear buttons are well placed and easy to use.
    The case itself adds texture and does not feel near as slippery as the original backs.

Overall I would recommend this case to anyone who has to charge their phone throughout the day or who can benefit from multiple days between charges.
    I can honestly say that the only (and this is minor) problem I found was the ports on the bottom of the phone allow dust ingress to the battery compartment.
    Other than that, this is the perfect extended battery/case for your LG G4.

Case Dimension: 6.07" H x 3.15" W x 0.84" T
    Case Weight with battery: 178g
    Total Weight with phone, extended battery and case: 282.4g

10/10

I received this case in exchange for an honest review.
    Does it stay at 1% FOR DAYS

BADASS NOTE 5 & 4 & LG G4
    Mine turns off at 1% stays on 3 alot
    3rd time asking this SAME question......

282.4g
    Another review

Instead of adding yet another thread about my feelings towards this case and battery, I'll just add mine here;

The case is obviously bulkier but what do you expect, it's a huge battery. The battery is typical ZeroLemon quality, I'm coming from a s5 w which I had to do three exchanges before getting a good one, but this was solid on the first one. My complaints are on the case design. Coming from the s5 I expected a better case; the s5 utilized a three piece design: two part hard plastic parts that clamped around the phone, then install the battery and put the soft case around that. It made the case much bulkier compared to this case, but I feel that I would trust that case much more in the event of a drop. When I reviewed that one I actually dropped it on concrete several times and nothing broke or got scratched. I will not be attempting that with this case. Another step back is that case had flat sides so it could stand on end/sides; This one will not. I feel they could also have made it easier to differentiate the volume and power buttons; I'm constantly hitting the wrong one when quickly pressing a button. Quick screen shots are also more difficult because of the thin spacers they used between the case and buttons on the phone. Second to last, the overlooked NFC issue; I use my phone for music in my truck, the only time I've ever used nfc was to connect the phone to the radio. My sony radio has a nfc tag built into the face of the volume button so I would simply touch the phone and radio and I was good to go; luckily Sony has the songpal app which I can open and it'll automatically connect to the radio, then select my music app of choice right from the app, so that's my workaround. The last draw back is no included holster; I can't even find one for sale which they claimed they do have.

All in all this case and phone combination is wonderful for long battery life, but a few draw backs on the case prevent me from giving it a five for five review. I feel they actually took a step back, as I had zero qualms with the s5 case.
    Deep Stretch Extended Battery
    Have tried this battery on both lg g3 (9000 mah) & lg g4 (8600 mah). Except for a couple of degrees increase in temperature, it is amazing.
    Also it is half the bulk if zerolemon, which I tried on lg g3, and removed

Sent from my LG-H818 using XDA Free mobile app

I hate to break it to you.
    The actual capacity of those Deep Stretch batteries are not what they list them as.
    The ones for the G3 and G4 are double thickness, double capacity, or less.
    Best case is 3000x2 is 6000mAh.
    That is why they are thinner than the ZeroLemon ones.
    If you read their amazon listing you will realize something is up.
    They list the LG G4 one as both 9000mAh and 9100mAh.
    They also say in one place that you do not need a new back cover to use this battery, and another they say you must use our included back plate.
    If they cant even describe their product on their sales page, why should we trust them?
    Easy, we shouldn't.

Finally, If it were possible to make a battery like they claim, with the listed capacities and dimensions...
    Don't you think the phone manufacturers would be doing so from the start to make a thinner device, or one that lasts all day.
    It is impossible with the technology available right now to get 3x capacity from 2x the size in a lithium ion battery.

So yes, those batteries will last longer than a stock battery, but they will not last as long as the ZeroLemon ones do.
    The ZeroLemon ones are rated truthfully.

On the same topic, please do not buy any of the "slim extended batteries".
    You know, the ones who claim they are the same size as the stock battery but higher capacity.
    They are not, they usually are actually a lower capacity from overseas (China) and if they actually last longer than your stock battery does....
    It is always because your original battery had lost some of its capacity from use.
    Lithium ion batteries slowly degrade over time with use.