Question ZFold 3 - disable fully charged notification and force landscape mode while in car dock

Search This thread

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
Could someone please point me to the notification app that causes the screen to light up when fully charged and how to force the landscape mode when the phone screen goes into AOD mode?

I have a car cradle/charger that is in landscape mode with the phone open like a tablet and it's annoying when the battery is fully charged the screen keeps lighting up. Also, when the screen times out and enters AOD mode, it rotates back to portrait mode when fully opened in landscape mode.

I was able to disable this on my Note 10+ but it seems to be a different process for the Fold3.

Thanks

DisneyF1

Nov 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I also use a wireless car dock and have had to make some changes to use the Fold3 properly.
First I set up developer mode so that I could enable screen on while charging. This way the screen would normally not turn off while in the cradle. Here is how to get developer mode set:
Step 1: Go to Settings > About Phone.
Step 2: Tap Software Info > Build Number.
Step 3: Tap Build Number seven times.
Then enable Keep Screen On when Charging which will keep it out of AOD
Second I set up the Assistant menu from Accessibility Options in Settings.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Accessibility.
Step 2: Tap Interaction and dexterity >turn On Assistant menu
Step 3: Select items that will help while driving.
A floating ever-present icon will now be on your screen (you can change the transparency) and you can tap it to show items to change. I use the Volume item all the time as my car dock hides the volume control. Screen off is good if yo want to override the always on while charging setting for a bit. Screenshot is wonderful and easier than any other way to save what you're looking at.
Also make sure all apps are set for Auto rotating so they are easy to use in the car dock. There is a screen rotation selection in the Assistant in case one pops up that is not set to rotate on it's own.

Hope this helps!

Oct 20, 2021
Could someone please point me to the notification app that causes the screen to light up when fully charged and how to force the landscape mode when the phone screen goes into AOD mode?

I have a car cradle/charger that is in landscape mode with the phone open like a tablet and it's annoying when the battery is fully charged the screen keeps lighting up. Also, when the screen times out and enters AOD mode, it rotates back to portrait mode when fully opened in landscape mode.

I was able to disable this on my Note 10+ but it seems to be a different process for the Fold3.

Thanks
Use Bixby Routines to keep it on landscape when in your car. If you connect the phone Bluetooth with your car stereo, use that as the condition, otherwise whatever else might fit (not sure they separate wireless charging from just charging in general). I'm not quite sure what you mean by the phone keeps lighting up when charged?

Oct 20, 2021
It only does that for a second and only if the phone is off, so I'm not sure what the big deal is to have that happen, especially if you aren't even paying attention to it because you're driving? Not once while driving have I ever noticed it happen, and I keep my phone on a wireless charging holder in the car (I use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Tethering to my stereo on it for music and Google Maps on my Android car stereo) where it generally is on AOD while I'm driving. It sits right next to the stereo screen.

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
It only does that for a second and only if the phone is off, so I'm not sure what the big deal is to have that happen, especially if you aren't even paying attention to it because you're driving? Not once while driving have I ever noticed it happen, and I keep my phone on a wireless charging holder in the car (I use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Tethering to my stereo on it for music and Google Maps on my Android car stereo) where it generally is on AOD while I'm driving. It sits right next to the stereo screen.
It's a huge distraction at night.

Oct 20, 2021
It lights up my entre cab and the glare blocks vision to my drivers side mirror.

I have the fold open and in landscape mode so it's a significant light source when this happens.

So I assume the charging notifications have been removed from the SYSTEMUI app now?
Why do you have it open if you don't use it while driving, as using it would be even brighter than a quick little blip on the screen? Not sure how it is even that bright, either, but in the car mine is closed on the wireless charger holder since I use my stereo screen for Google Maps, music, launcher, etc. (and when parked can use basically any other app like YouTube or Chrome). Do you not have a stereo screen in your car, as I can see how not having one would mean your eyes aren't adjusted to having a screen in the dark car? (My screen auto-adjusts the brightness, I believe.) What are your phone screen settings?

You can turn off the charging sound, but that's all I see about the charging notification in the settings.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I tested charging it to 100% with the screen off, phone open, and me watching it for when it turned 100%. It did nothing but change the number to 100 and the battery icon to full, so I have no idea what your mean by the screen turning on. I was thinking maybe it does the same thing as when you first start charging it with the green circle thing, but it doesn't. Maybe you are using a third-party charging screen that you forgot about? Like from a weather app or something?

Last edited:

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
I don't always have the fold3 on when I'm driving at night. Sometime I use a navigation app.

The issue as explained in the 1st post is when the fold3 is opened fully and in the wireless charging cradle, and I am driving (particularly at night) and when the phone reaches a fully charged state, a notification shows "fully charged" and the screen lights up for about 5 sec.

I don't know how clearer I can explain that I'm looking to disable this notification as I did with my Note 10+, which did the exact same thing when fully charged and docked.

Oct 20, 2021
I don't always have the fold3 on when I'm driving at night. Sometime I use a navigation app.

The issue as explained in the 1st post is when the fold3 is opened fully and in the wireless charging cradle, and I am driving (particularly at night) and when the phone reaches a fully charged state, a notification shows "fully charged" and the screen lights up for about 5 sec.

I don't know how clearer I can explain that I'm looking to disable this notification as I did with my Note 10+, which did the exact same thing when fully charged and docked.
Mine doesn't light up like that, so I don't know why yours does. Mine can't be open while on the wireless charger, but closed it doesn't turn on and plugged in while open it doesn't turn on when it reaches 100%. Is it turning on your lock screen? If so, I guess change that to just a black screen. If something else, maybe it is a third-party app you brought over from your previous phone.

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
There was a notification setting in SYSTEM UI a couple versions ago that let you disable the fully charged notification.. Seems to be missing in the latest Android release.

My charger mount allows the Fold3 to be fully open and charging -

Oct 20, 2021
There was a notification setting in SYSTEM UI a couple versions ago that let you disable the fully charged notification.. Seems to be missing in the latest Android release.

My charger mount allows the Fold3 to be fully open and charging -
My charger is similar (with the suction cup and curved arm going down), but I wouldn't want my phone open on the charger as it would block my stereo screen (2-DIN size) which I use for Google Maps and other apps, and I don't use my phone screen while driving (just use it for WiFi tethering so my stereo gets data and for Bluetooth for music, calls, Google Assistant, and notifications read out loud from Bixby). If I'm parked and waiting, I use my phone in my hand for ease.

I don't know about the setting, but it is weird if they took a setting away but left it as each person had it set at that moment. 🤷‍♀️

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
Just bumping this thread as I'm still looking for a solution..

The notification I am trying to disable is for 'battery full' and 'wireless charging paused' if anyone can help.

Thanks