• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

.zip cwm for galaxy y

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
The installation was successful and it boots into CWM but next time I boot into recovery and there was stock recovery. I reinstalled CWM and same thing happens

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

There are two types of cwm

Temporary - for users of stock kernel or custom kernel that uses stock recovery

Permanent - cwm is built into the custom kernel & replaces stock recovery

if you want a permanent cwm flash a kernel with permanent cwm (see the kernel features in it's thread)

WhiteWolf

Jan 11, 2013
The installation was successful and it boots into CWM but next time I boot into recovery and there was stock recovery. I reinstalled CWM and same thing happens

try hells fusion.... best kernel for SGY....

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Hasn't ANYONE come up with a permanent cwm for our cute little y?!

there has been a permanent cwm for galaxy y for years!!

there are two types of cwm

1 - tempory cwm zip
flash this in stock recovery to get to cwm - needs to be flashed each time you want to enter cwm

2 - permanent cwm
flash a custom kernel with cwm built in - this replaces stock recovery

If you want a permanent cwm just flash a kernel that has cwm built it!

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
there has been a permanent cwm for galaxy y for years!!

there are two types of cwm

1 - tempory cwm zip
flash this in stock recovery to get to cwm - needs to be flashed each time you want to enter cwm

2 - permanent cwm
flash a custom kernel with cwm built in - this replaces stock recovery

If you want a permanent cwm just flash a kernel that has cwm built it!

thats exactly what i meant! the first option is hardly permanent, especially if you accidentally delete the .zip.
and what if someone doesn't want to flash kernels?
other phones have a .zip that you flash once and have cwm permanently. that's what i meant by a permanent cwm!

NightRaven49

Sep 13, 2013
most likely at home
other phones have a .zip that you flash once and have cwm permanently. that's what i meant by a permanent cwm!
Then get another phone that has that function.

Remember, our phones are not godly, not everything-can-do phones. They are only bottom-range phones. Hardware and software limitations cause this issue. If you want to fix it, do it yourself.

But if you want to contradict yourself and say "I wanna stick to my little Y" then flash a kernel.
Which is essentially in a zip.
And then you get permanent CWM.
Problem solved.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
thats exactly what i meant! the first option is hardly permanent, especially if you accidentally delete the .zip.
and what if someone doesn't want to flash kernels?

other phones work in a different way - for example HTC phones have fastboot and a recovery totally different from a samsung galaxy y 5360

the only way in this phone to replace the recovery perminantly is to flash a kernel that has it

Guh18

Jul 22, 2014
ottawa
GT-S5360b Problems with rom /cwm

Hello guys, I was trying to install the rom PureKat 3.0 (also tried the 1.0 and the 1.5 update extreme) in Galaxy Y GT-S5360b with cwm v5.0.2.6, but got the following message
'' E: Can not open / sdcrd/PureKat1.0.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted. ''

Please, Would anyone help me solve this, I have already given wipe data / reset, wipe cache partition, went into mounts and storage and wipe gave to all options and let it all assembled, but received the same message. :confused:
attachments below
. www . dropbox . com /s / yjemrraamenyd1x / CAM00302 . jpg

i'm new herre,so , sorry for write the link with space .

Last edited:

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io
Hello guys, I was trying to install the rom PureKat 3.0 (also tried the 1.0 and the 1.5 update extreme) in Galaxy Y GT-S5360b with cwm v5.0.2.6, but got the following message
'' E: Can not open / sdcrd/PureKat1.0.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted. ''

Please, Would anyone help me solve this, I have already given wipe data / reset, wipe cache partition, went into mounts and storage and wipe gave to all options and let it all assembled, but received the same message. :confused:
attachments below
. www . dropbox . com /s / yjemrraamenyd1x / CAM00302 . jpg

i'm new herre,so , sorry for write the link with space .

Your download was incomplete.Re-download the whole ROM again without any data interruption.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have googled but cannot find any. Plz give a link(for gts 5360)
    Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Here is it.... :good:

JUST PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED...
    I have googled but cannot find any. Plz give a link(for gts 5360)
    Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

There are two types of cwm

Temporary - for users of stock kernel or custom kernel that uses stock recovery

Permanent - cwm is built into the custom kernel & replaces stock recovery

if you want a permanent cwm flash a kernel with permanent cwm (see the kernel features in it's thread)

Flash any kernel that has integrated cwm to have cwm permanently .....