[ZIP][Flashable][WIP][OPP4] ANDROID O-DP4 PIXEL MOD --- OUTDATED

Search This thread

krisyarno

Oct 21, 2016
Emmett
THIS IS A PIXEL MOD FOR THE NEXUS 6P RUNNING ANDROID 8.0 (O-DP4)

UPDATED THREAD HERE FOR ANDROID OREO https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/themes-apps/zip-android-oreo-pixel-mod-t3661388#post73515596

Here's an updated Pixel Mod built for O-DP4! :highfive: The navigation bar + animation is still an issue. But hopefully APKTool 2.2.4 will bring full support for Android O soon or hopefully I'll find another way. The "Double Tap to Check Notifications" is almost ready I believe. So stay tuned for that.

Also, I've added a custom feature to the Pixel Launcher. The Pixel Launcher in Android O allows you to choose different icon shapes (such as square, rounded square, etc.)? For those who want this mod with stock icons, I added the stock icons into that setting. Just look for "Stock Nexus"!

If you get a problem with Pixel Launcher repeatedly force closing, go into settings from your quick settings and grant Pixel Launcher notification access. Thanks to
Queentus for the fix!

What's Included:
-O-DP4 Pixel Launcher W/ Wallpapers (Make sure to grant notification access for notification badges)
-O-DP4 Pixel Audio
-Pixel XL 1440p Boot Animation Blacked Edition (Thanks to Luthepa1)
-Pixel Blue Accent Color :good:
-Night Mode
-Round Icons
-"Stock Nexus" Icon Shape Available in Pixel Launcher Settings (See Screenshot)
-Navigation Bar Without Animation​

What's Missing / Being Worked On:
-Pixel Navigation Bar Animation
-The New "Double Tap To Check Notifications" Feature"​

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545586984

Current Version: 3

This mod may break Substratum. If you use Substratum, be careful of this mod. If you want to revert back to stock, reflash stock system.img

:good:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 6,505
  • 2.png
    2.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 6,469
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 6,445
Last edited:

infus38

Nov 28, 2015
Hello, how can I flahs this mod if i flahs dp4 because my boot will be encrypted (if i need to flahs boot decripted but I do not find ) so the twrp will not want flahs , no?

Last edited:

ekowwillis

Jan 30, 2012
Accra
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

Here's an updated Pixel Mod built for O-DP4! :highfive: The navigation bar + animation is still an issue. But hopefully APKTool 2.2.4 will bring full support for Android O soon or hopefully I'll find another way. The "Double Tap to Check Notifications" is almost ready I believe. So stay tuned for that.

Also, I've added a custom feature to the Pixel Launcher. The Pixel Launcher in Android O allows you to choose different icon shapes (such as square, rounded square, etc.)? For those who want this mod with stock icons, I added the stock icons into that setting. Just look for "Stock Nexus"!

If you get a problem with Pixel Launcher repeatedly force closing, go into settings from your quick settings and grant Pixel Launcher notification access. Thanks to
Queentus for the fix!

What's Included:
-O-DP3 Pixel Launcher W/ Wallpapers (Make sure to grant notification access for notification badges)
-O-DP3 Pixel Audio
-Night Mode
-Round Icons

-The New "Double Tap To Check Notifications" Feature"

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545584408

Current Version: 2

I presume tinted navbar is still an issue?

VictorLeandro

Nov 15, 2014
Does it work on the Nexus 5x DP4?

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Does it work on the Nexus 5x DP4?

eidl113

Feb 20, 2010
according to screenshots not every icon is rounded some are regular. can someone confirm?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Danilo Pantelić

Mar 19, 2012
Kragujevac
@krisyarno
Files in your zip are from latest pixel xl DP4 image ( https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html ) ?

EDIT:
Few files are missing, and some files isn't same size like in pixel xl system.img so here is updated flashable zip with latest files and old framework-res.apk.
Hope this helps :good:

Android_8_DP4_Pixel_Mod_LATEST_FILES_FROM PIXEL_XL_DP4_IMAGE - DOWNLOAD

Android_8_DP4_FRAMEWORK-RES_FROM PIXEL_XL_DP4_IMAGE - DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

ekowwillis

Jan 30, 2012
Accra
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
@krisyarno
Files in your zip are from latest pixel xl DP4 image ( https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html ) ?

EDIT:
Few files are missing, and some files isn't same size like in pixel xl system.img so here is updated flashable zip with latest files and old framework-res.apk.
Hope this helps :good:

Android_8_DP4_Pixel_Mod_LATEST_FILES_FROM PIXEL_XL_DP4_IMAGE - DOWNLOAD
Android_8_DP4_FRAMEWORK-RES_FROM PIXEL_XL_DP4_IMAGE - DOWNLOAD

Are we supposed to flash this over OP4 mod made by @krisyarno or its for him to continue his work on the mod :confused:

szale9001

Aug 19, 2010
Anyone having issues with Notification dots not working? I have notification access and usage access enabled for Pixel launcher?

krisyarno

Oct 21, 2016
Emmett
Anyone having issues with Notification dots not working? I have notification access and usage access enabled for Pixel launcher?

Make sure to enable the Notification Dots too. Go into the Pixel Launcher Settings (tap and hold like if you were adding a widget or changing a wallpaper). In the settings there is a category "Notification Dots". Even if it says "On" tap on it. Make sure "Allow Notification Dots" is on. Mine will do a little glitch like I repeatedly tapped it. I think it's just a bug in the Preview version of Pixel Launcher. But that should bring you the Dots if you don't have it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATED THREAD HERE FOR ANDROID OREO https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/themes-apps/zip-android-oreo-pixel-mod-t3661388#post73515596

Queentus for the fix!

What's Included:
    -O-DP4 Pixel Launcher W/ Wallpapers (Make sure to grant notification access for notification badges)
    -O-DP4 Pixel Audio
    -Night Mode
    -Round Icons
    -Navigation Bar Without Animation​

-The New "Double Tap To Check Notifications" Feature"​

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545586984

Current Version: 3

This mod may break Substratum. If you use Substratum, be careful of this mod. If you want to revert back to stock, reflash stock system.img

I apologize for the absence and silence. I'm excited that people here are trying to help out others too. I know the answers to some of the questions asked and I'm sorry for the silence. I went camping over the weekend and returned home to 2 giant bombs on my life. I've been working out some personal issues since then. I haven't played with apktool 2.2.4, but I'm excited about it. I'll get back to this as soon as I can, and hopefully this will bring some exciting updates
    V3 is out! Only update so far is adding the Pixel Nav Bar without the animation. Thanks to everybody for going ahead and completing this separately too. I love to see the community that has evolved here
    I know asking eta its against xda rules but i m eagerly waiting for your new build with pixel navigation . Any update bro???:D

I honestly have no clue. I haven't looked at anything in a week now. I've been working through some personal stuff, but I hope to get back to it tonight. My guess is I'll have a new build out in 2 days, hopefully
    Nope installed it on my angler today and its broken
    How exactly is Substratum broken? Do you only get error messages when trying to install themes?

My guess if this mod breaks Substratum, it's not so much the mod, but Android O. Android O introduces it's own native theming support, which is why the Pixel and the Nexus have practically the exact same framework-res.apk. It's because the Pixel is actually utilizing a theme that is found in the vendor.img. If you look at the installed system apps of a Pixel on Android O, there's a new app called Pixel.apk. That's the theme. That shows up just like installed Substratum themes do.

I can guarantee you 100% that I can make this mod work with Substratum though, I've done it over and over again. The problem is I have to enable that theming support on the 6P instead of directly modifying the framework-res.apk. Remember the "Device Theme" setting in the first 2 previews? That's still there. Just hidden. I don't know how to activate it. But if you install the Pixel.apk theme from the Pixel in the vendor partition (has to be done manually) and then install a Substratum theme. What you find is that the "Device Theme" option appears. And you can then choose from your Substratum Theme or the Pixel theme. Just disable the Substratum theme (don't uninstall) and choose the Pixel.

However, I can't make that happen yet in just a flashable zip, so I don't have that as the released mod. But if you want Substratum compatibility, that's the way to do it