- Jan 19, 2021
Recovery installer(BETA) compatible with multiple Android devices such as different types of partitions, both traditional and new partitions (Focused on the creation of normal and universal flash files)
- Fully shell script based so its open source (You can examine its operating code)
- Mount main partitions for most Android devices
- Supports all existing actions package_extract_dir, set_metadata, is_substring, assert, ....
- Detects main partitions and saves them as dynamic variables $system $vendor $product $boot $param
- It runs by default in BASH + Busybox, it has no limitations to work with shell code
- Support for addons, you can add new scripts that will auto-execute (only if you want) when flashing the zip
- checkvar "variable" "variable" "..."
- filtervar "variable" "variable" "..." "pattern"
- savestate "variable" "file"
- setdefault "variable" "string or $(command)"
- get_file_prop "file" "prop to extract"
- update "file .img / .bin /..." "partition"
- update_file "file with new parameters" "file"
- add_lines "file with new lines" "file"
- flash "zip file"
- run "variable" "file"
- dynamic_install "path" "path"
- fprint "file"
- split_string "pattern separator" "line"
- split_cut "separator pattern" "number" "line"
- split_extract "separator pattern" "number" "line"
- filetype "file"
- if defined "variable" ( Equivalent to if [ -n variable )
- if undefined "variable" ( Equivalent to if [ -z variable )
Some of these commands support specific cases as follows:
Actions: update, update_file, flash, add_lines, run, fprint
- _addon >> Specify that it should work from META-INF/addon folder
- _zip >> This specifies that it should work from the zip in general
- If this extension isnt included, it will work as an external command to the zip
update_file_addon new.prop /system/build.prop
( new.prop will be taken from META-INF/addons)
( It will try to take huh.txt from an existing folder inside the zip called "main"
(It will try to install an external file to the current zip inside /sdcard)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- update-binary is the one that executes the entire zip and creates the necessary symlinks for operation
- zbin contains all the necessary plugins and extra functionalities
- updater-script is the workspace where each dev can configure the installer actions
- @osm0sis ( For his great work with dynamic partitions and recreation of traditional installer functionalities in shell code)
- Me @BlassGO ( Creator of Dynamic Installer)
MORE EXPLANATIONS AND DOWNLOADS IN THE NEXT POSTS