[ZIP][MOD] Increase touch responsiveness

Search This thread

trter10

Jan 25, 2012
Fist off, huge thanks to these people:

-Ryuinferno - His init.d on any device method
-Matt on code.google.com - Old touch driver and temp install method

Disclaimer:

-I am not responsible for any damage this may cause.... (You've seen this a billion times so I'll leave it at that)

NOTE: This mod causes touch to be unresponsive for about 30 seconds on boot up!

What this does:

-Enables init.d by adding a command into install-recovery.sh to run anything in /system/etc/init.d (method by Ryuinferno)
-Extracts the E015 driver to /system for safe keeping and script usage (E015 is a downgrade of the touch driver that senses touch better)
-Adds an init.d script that changes the touchscreen driver to E015 on every boot (driver supplied by Matt and so was the temp-replace method. It runs his method on every boot essentially.)
-Sends log to /data/Driver.log so user can check proper installation if desired

The advantage of using this over using a kernel with E015 in it is that it does not mess with custom recovery touch sensing.

Instructions:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED! You can install it with this app.
-Download the zip from here
-Flash it in a custom recovery. If you don't know how to flash a recovery / root / flash a zip, there are plenty of tutorials floating around.

If you want to undo this:

-Flash this zip through recovery.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

DarkRyoushii

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.

Reactions: belogi

trter10

Jan 25, 2012
thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.

My touch is responsive instantly... Weird :p

Yep I can get a revert out soon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lnfound

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?

trter10

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?

It's not a kernel, it's essentially a script that runs on boot.

Revert going up in the next hour

Reactions: Duuuude

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Not only does e015 fix the touchscreen responsiveness, it also fixes the issue where if the phone is connected to an a/c powered usb port, the touchscreen responsiveness is even more degraded.

DarkRyoushii

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.

Not seeing these issues myself. The stock keyboard is super smooth. I don't use swift key however.

Reactions: dazLibMann

lnfound

Jun 6, 2012
Tested out and as someone who hasn't had much of an issue with the reduced sensitivity, this is awesome. No issues with SwiftKey or anything either.

I am however unresponsive for about 10s after boot, not a big deal though.

Last edited:

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Tested out and as someone who hasn't had much of an issue with the reduced sensitivity, this is awesome. No issues with SwiftKey or anything either.

I am however unresponsive for about 10s after boot, not a big deal though.

This made mine unresponsive for around 30 seconds, it's random also, and makes the touchscreen unresponsive in recovery for around a minute.
Doesn't really seem to make any difference to the sensitivity on my phone either so I guess different phones have different sensitivity? Or I don;t notice the difference.
Using the revert zip didnt do anything so I had to revert to a nandroid backup.

Letitflow

May 10, 2010
This made mine unresponsive for around 30 seconds, it's random also, and makes the touchscreen unresponsive in recovery for around a minute.
Doesn't really seem to make any difference to the sensitivity on my phone either so I guess different phones have different sensitivity? Or I don;t notice the difference.
Using the revert zip didnt do anything so I had to revert to a nandroid backup.

Same here

lnfound

Jun 6, 2012
Checked the PRS readings and got 0.3-0.5 instead of the usual 0.5-0.6. I'm also using a screen protector that's real thick. All is well!

I checked mine as well, still mostly in 5s but a few in the 3s. Even the 5 presses would've never registered in the past, huge difference.

whittikins

Oct 12, 2011
This is awesome! It's absolutely more sensitive than stock. Taps are still in the .50's a lot, but I can get them in the .20's. However, ignoring the numbers, the absolute lightest taps are now registering so I'm thrilled with this :)

Thanks OP!

EDIT: Also, it's so sensitive that I can use my fingernail to tap and swipe (I'm a guy with short nails, so this wouldn't work for someone with longer nails). Even still, such a big difference because this wasn't possible with the original driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: pottersam
A

ace7196

A few questions...

1) Does the "undo" zip work?
2) Okay to use with any ROM, correct (running stock 4.2.1 odexed)
3) OP: Any idea on the temporary freeze at each initial boot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fist off, huge thanks to these people:

-Ryuinferno - His init.d on any device method
    -Matt on code.google.com - Old touch driver and temp install method

Disclaimer:

-I am not responsible for any damage this may cause.... (You've seen this a billion times so I'll leave it at that)

NOTE: This mod causes touch to be unresponsive for about 30 seconds on boot up!

What this does:

-Enables init.d by adding a command into install-recovery.sh to run anything in /system/etc/init.d (method by Ryuinferno)
    -Extracts the E015 driver to /system for safe keeping and script usage (E015 is a downgrade of the touch driver that senses touch better)
    -Adds an init.d script that changes the touchscreen driver to E015 on every boot (driver supplied by Matt and so was the temp-replace method. It runs his method on every boot essentially.)
    -Sends log to /data/Driver.log so user can check proper installation if desired

The advantage of using this over using a kernel with E015 in it is that it does not mess with custom recovery touch sensing.

Instructions:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED! You can install it with this app.
    -Download the zip from here
    -Flash it in a custom recovery. If you don't know how to flash a recovery / root / flash a zip, there are plenty of tutorials floating around.

If you want to undo this:

-Flash this zip through recovery.

Enjoy!
    NEW THREAD - [MOD] Improve Touch Screen Sensitivity

Hey guys,

I made a new zip that in my opinion is much better. I also made a proper revert zip.

What You Need:

What This Does:
    1. Puts an init.d script in the init.d folder. This script will install the E015 driver on boot.
    2. Places the driver in /system for the script to use.

Instructions:
    1. Boot in to your custom recovery.
    2. Install E015-TouchDriver-Mako.zip
    3. Reboot.

Instructions to Revert:
    1. Boot in to your custom recovery.
    2. Install E015-TouchDriver-Mako-Revert.zip
    3. Reboot.

Notes:
    • After boot, your touchscreen will be unresponsive for around 30 seconds.
    • After flashing a ROM, you will need to install this zip again.
    • The installation of this zip is much faster than the one in the OP because it doesn't include enabling init.d which can be done using the app mentioned above.
    • In my opinion, the delay of the touchscreen not working is shorter than before because I got rid of some stuff in the init.d file.
    • I am not responsible for any damage this modification may cause.
    Files

Here you go, the zip file.

You can flash it through recovery.

Im glad i can do something back for the community ;)

Regards,

Alex

Edit: It works fine on 5.1.1
    Im currently using it on Euphoria rom.
    I've just added this to the Nexus 4 Complete Index :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Are users really reporting better touch screen sensitivity?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

No, we are here in an orgy.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone