• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Zlink App

Search This thread

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I didn’t get you ?
which head unit does my device come in
I don’t know the model or brand name
You have a generic unbranded 8227L with a YT9216BJ processor. If your unit was MTCD/E then you would see MTCD or MTCE on the about page that you posted. Posts for non MTCD/E/x go in the Android Head units forum.

To answer your original question, you will need an external dongle to be able use Apple CarPlay with this unit. Be advised that many of the dongle devices on the market often stop working when Apple provides updates to your phone as the dongles are not Apple certified.

Jun 11, 2021
You have a generic unbranded 8227L with a YT9216BJ processor. If your unit was MTCD/E then you would see MTCD or MTCE on the about page that you posted. Posts for non MTCD/E/x go in the Android Head units forum.

To answer your original question, you will need an external dongle to be able use Apple CarPlay with this unit. Be advised that many of the dongle devices on the market often stop working when Apple provides updates to your phone as the dongles are not Apple certified.
Is there any way by root i can install and run zlink on it?

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Is there any way by root i can install and run zlink on it?
If Zlink didn't come preinstalled with your radio, then there's absolutely no way you'll get it to work by just installing the apk. Zlink requires hardware, it's not just an app. However, as it was said in this thread, there are USB dongles that can provide wired Android Auto/Carplay capabilities. Search for those on AliExpress.

Jun 11, 2021
If Zlink didn't come preinstalled with your radio, then there's absolutely no way you'll get it to work by just installing the apk. Zlink requires hardware, it's not just an app. However, as it was said in this thread, there are USB dongles that can provide wired Android Auto/Carplay capabilities. Search for those on AliExpress.
They’re reliable ?

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
They’re reliable ?
I have no idea, as I've never used one. They're rather cheap, about $25:
These dongles don't use the Zlink app. Instead, they use their own app (called AutoKit), so I cannot speak about the performance and features that such app will provide for both Carplay and Android Auto.

Reactions: Takeshikovacs99

abnormalreply

Sep 1, 2012
New York City
Is there any way to get wireless android auto on a unit that already supports wired? Wired is supported via the CarLink app.

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Is there any way to get wireless android auto on a unit that already supports wired? Wired is supported via the CarLink app.
I don't think so, unless the manufacturer/CarLink developer eventually decides to include that feature (I don't even know if it's physically possible with the antennas your radio has). Zlink is similar to CarLink, but requires specific hardware in your headunit, so installing it in a headunit where Zlink didn't come preinstalled just won't work.

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
You can get wireless AA using an app called Headunit Reloaded. It's an inexpensive paid for app. However it works quite well and is developed by recognized XDA devloper @Emil Borconi who also developed a hardware solution AAWireless.

Headunit Reloaded is still being maintained and is updated regularly. It can be purchased on Google Play store. For more info:

Headunit Reloaded:

WirelessAA:

Jun 11, 2021
I have no idea, as I've never used one. They're rather cheap, about $25:
These dongles don't use the Zlink app. Instead, they use their own app (called AutoKit), so I cannot speak about the performance and features that such app will provide for both Carplay and Android Auto.
Thanks but they ain’t shipping it in india currently and I’m not sure it will support in future os 🥲

hector_yo

Feb 2, 2015
I've bought a tesla style radio from phoenix for my car. The radio has ZLink built in.
When I use Android Auto with it, if I toogle my headlights, google maps does not change between day and night mode.
With the stock radio, Android Auto was working fine.
Is Zlink supposed to detect when to change to night mode?

Apollon2

Mar 20, 2021
I can only say for apple carplay via zlink app that it works. There is a setting in zlink for that.
However you should test whether google maps on the head unit (not on the phone!!) does switch between day and night to determine if your canbus delivers that information.

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
I've bought a tesla style radio from phoenix for my car. The radio has ZLink built in.
When I use Android Auto with it, if I toogle my headlights, google maps does not change between day and night mode.

This only recently started working for me in Zlink. I want to say the 4.0.17 or .19 version was when I noticed it started working. And it still doesn't work 100% - if I turn the car on and the headlights are already on (for example at night time) Zlink still shows map in daytime mode. I have to turn the lights off and back on for it to go to night mode.

Reactions: hector_yo

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
This only recently started working for me in Zlink. I want to say the 4.0.17 or .19 version was when I noticed it started working. And it still doesn't work 100% - if I turn the car on and the headlights are already on (for example at night time) Zlink still shows map in daytime mode. I have to turn the lights off and back on for it to go to night mode.
It was working for me before that, I'd say it's been working since the first version that came preinstalled with my radio (I believe 4.0.7...? not sure) However, here it's mandatory to use headlights even during daytime in some situations (under bridges, inside tunnels and when driving on a road during maintenance, among others), so I've had it disabled this whole time. Can't say for sure if any update broke it for me, as I've also jumped to 4.0.14 and then 4.0.17 (now 4.0.19 from Malaysk). It was definitely working in 4.0.17 is working in 4.0.19.

PaulieP

Jul 23, 2007
Not necessarily true. Doesn't matter if the dongles are apple certified or not as the Chinese have made industries around reverse engineering.

This is no different, the only thing that matters is that you get a dongle that is supported and receives regular updates. Probably the ones that get the most frequent updates, and also happen to be knocked off as well in a bit of irony, are the ones from Carlinkit.

You can find them sold on eBay and on AliExpress with no problem for around 30 bucks. Out of all the dongles, they are well worth it if you get one of the real ones, as the company updates both the client app for your head unit, as well as the firmware on the dongle on a fairly regular basis, nearly all of the other no names you are out of luck if Apple changes or there are showstopper bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I didn’t get you ?
    which head unit does my device come in
    I don’t know the model or brand name

Hi, can someone please help me with ZLink apk or app download link so i can use it in my car android head unit runs on andorid 9. I need to use apple car play. Its 2gb ram.
    Thanks

Yeah I can, please see the link below. This is a personal server with all the Data I have on my headunit. You might want to try autoplaybox, its in the dasaita carpay usb dongle folder. I have not tried Zlink yet but I have the APK.

https://lcraudio.stackstorage.com/s/xhFWr96B3GUtVGV
    I just backup the Apk Zlink app from my Dasaita Max 6 PX6. Someone need it can download and use :)

rTYrQxD.png

Download here :
    Zlink 3.5.57 Apk :
    https://mega.nz/file/HIwhmQyL#nug4XGn9mlRLOxFe67z-WJ_s5DmjkAxYKECXTbrjJdw
    zLInk 4.0.6 Apk :
    https://mega.nz/file/CRgEjTTZ#ABsmvwRSG7XaRDGA4MfK48X1haESGsZUW2ar4UiH0pw
    how can I update i click there on the update button but its says it got the last version
    You have to root !
    Here the latest zlink app, ver 4.0.21 :
    I have a Dasaita PX6 Max6 with integrated Zlink CarPlay.
    I decided to upgrade the Zlink apk file from 3.5.24 to 3.6.12……. but now when i try to use Zlink appear this error:
    https://imgur.com/QWnNAPD
    If i try to tap someware on the screen it appear this:
    https://imgur.com/bEFQ5D7
    How can i do? Can you help me? How can i restore the last working version of Zlink?
    Thanks in Advance