• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Zlink App

Search This thread

RupeThereItIs

Dec 21, 2013
Since there's no change log, can anyone confirm that in 4.0.32 zLink still doesn't support multitouch?

I'm switching my wife's android stereo over to Headunit Reloaded because she can't pinch to zoom the map in zLink (4.0.14), but I'd MUCH rather use zLink if it DID support multitouch in some future revision.

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Since there's no change log, can anyone confirm that in 4.0.32 zLink still doesn't support multitouch?

I'm switching my wife's android stereo over to Headunit Reloaded because she can't pinch to zoom the map in zLink (4.0.14), but I'd MUCH rather use zLink if it DID support multitouch in some future revision.
I believe that's not Zlink's problem, but a design choice of Android Auto. It's not meant to be your phone. Android Auto doesn't even require a touchscreen, it can be used with a joystick/arrows. This has definitely not changed in 4.0.32, so save yourself the trouble if that's the only problem for you.

If you want a fully featured GPS app, I'd rather recommend you install Waze or Sygic in your headunit and use bluetooth network sharing (you must enable the tab in both your phone's bluetooth settings and in the radio factory settings), so when you get in the car the HU has some sort of internet connection instantly. It's limited to ~1mbps but that's more than enough for GPS.

RupeThereItIs

Dec 21, 2013
I believe that's not Zlink's problem, but a design choice of Android Auto. It's not meant to be your phone. Android Auto doesn't even require a touchscreen, it can be used with a joystick/arrows. This has definitely not changed in 4.0.32, so save yourself the trouble if that's the only problem for you.

If you want a fully featured GPS app, I'd rather recommend you install Waze or Sygic in your headunit and use bluetooth network sharing (you must enable the tab in both your phone's bluetooth settings and in the radio factory settings), so when you get in the car the HU has some sort of internet connection instantly. It's limited to ~1mbps but that's more than enough for GPS.
Thanks, disappointing.

No, it is definitely zLink's problem. My Ford with built in Android Auto supports multitouch, as does the Headunit Reloaded app I'm replacing zLink with. Every car I've rented that supports Android Auto also supports multitouch... it's a very weird omission on the part of zLink.

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Thanks, disappointing.

No, it is definitely zLink's problem. My Ford with built in Android Auto supports multitouch, as does the Headunit Reloaded app I'm replacing zLink with. Every car I've rented that supports Android Auto also supports multitouch... it's a very weird omission on the part of zLink.
I've definitely seen cars without pinch to zoom, but perhaps it's something that Zlink have decided not to implement or haven't thought about. I've read in other forums that actual certified Android Auto radios (such as Pioneer ones) also generally do not support pinch to zoom.

Nickpap89

Sep 23, 2021
Hello guys. Just bought a Lenovo Oem head unit for my Renault Clio. When I open zlink CarPlay seems to work just fine. But after a few seconds it stops working. I get an error message “CarPlay register failed”. So I reopen the app and it works again for a few seconds . This happens again and again. Have tried both wireless and wired. Zlink version is 3.8.4 if I remember well. Anyone had this problem?

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
How you guys disconnect from zlink carplay? When going back by pressing the "automobile" button on carplay it disconnects bluetooth from.iphone when I wanted is to disconnect carplay but leave bluetooth connection to still using the android headunit

goekk

Sep 27, 2021
Hi, I have just bought a Allwinner T3 P1 android head unit - seems to be android v10. But When I try to install Zlink I got an error message: missed channel or something like this! This means that my headunit do not support carplay? or I do mistake?

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Hello guys. Just bought a Lenovo Oem head unit for my Renault Clio. When I open zlink CarPlay seems to work just fine. But after a few seconds it stops working. I get an error message “CarPlay register failed”. So I reopen the app and it works again for a few seconds . This happens again and again. Have tried both wireless and wired. Zlink version is 3.8.4 if I remember well. Anyone had this problem?
You need to connect your radio to the internet the first time you open it. Use your phone as wifi hotspot and connect the usb, it should fix it.

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
Hi, I have just bought a Allwinner T3 P1 android head unit - seems to be android v10. But When I try to install Zlink I got an error message: missed channel or something like this! This means that my headunit do not support carplay? or I do mistake?
If your radio came without Zlink, odds are it's not compatible. It's not know for sure whether it's a licensing issue from Zlink or there is some extra hardware Zlink enabled radios have, but it just won't work.

Nickpap89

Sep 23, 2021
You need to connect your radio to the internet the first time you open it. Use your phone as wifi hotspot and connect the usb, it should fix it.
Thank you for your answer. Already did it. It has been activated succesfully when i opened it first time and connected it to the internet. Did a factory reset and activated again. But the problem persisted. Carplay works for about 40 to 70 seconds each time. Then this error comes up and closes. I click on the "about" section and is says that activation is succesful. So i guess it may be an error of Zlink and this version?

Trist0n

Apr 16, 2020
Attempting to update Zlink on my Joying, which came with wireless carplay support via zlink. It’s an old 3.x version, and updating to their latest firmware doesn’t update the app. Manually uninstalling it and installing one of the newer versions from this thread just nets an “ERROR: Channel Mismatch” code on the Z link screen. Ideas?

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Attempting to update Zlink on my Joying, which came with wireless carplay support via zlink. It’s an old 3.x version, and updating to their latest firmware doesn’t update the app. Manually uninstalling it and installing one of the newer versions from this thread just nets an “ERROR: Channel Mismatch” code on the Z link screen. Ideas?
Is it an MTCD device

Trist0n

Apr 16, 2020

Attachments

• 12FA780D-AFC1-4292-ADA1-849BB469EF66.jpeg
    12FA780D-AFC1-4292-ADA1-849BB469EF66.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 83

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Attached the info from device settings
Your unit is not an MTCD unit so you are posting on an incorrect thread.
I am supposing that zlink has different versions of software depending on the vendor (in this case is HCT for mtcd units) so that could be the reason of the channel mismatch...
All zlink apk versions here published are extracted from mtcd roms so they seen to be incompatible with your unit. Ask joying for a zlink apk update or ask joying to include a updated Link apk into the new rom.....or...simply...go to joying threads and do a search there.

Reactions: marchnz

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
I appreciate that you send zlink app, but this thread is for mtcd units.....MTCD software is made by hct (HengChangTong). The zlink version you shared is for Zhuoxw software makers (what zlink calls Channel - refers to vendor channel)
If people with mtcd unit uses your zlink app it will be unusable (error in channel). please post on the thread corresponding to your unit type.

I posted on previous posts a more recent version 4.0.32 of zlink for hct vendor (mtcd units)

Hennawy

Oct 17, 2021
I have zlink v 4.0.20 and the android auto wireless icon is on the interface but ican't make it work, can anyone assist me ?

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_201748.jpg
    IMG_20211014_201748.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 18

Top Liked Posts