Zlink App

Search This thread

AlessandroBorroni88

Aug 16, 2022
PAYING $5 through PayPal if you help me fix this. I have used Zlink for years in my PX5/Android 9 Isudar but the app got deleted. Now, I can’t get it to work again, either it does not install or (latest) versions install but give me a “miss match error”.

I did a factor reset and deleted the previous Zlink folder with Root Explorer giving root with Malayk mod. Still not working. PLEASE HELP!!

Attachments

• B65C926A-AB84-4AF8-B739-3C2EFBCC38EA.jpeg
    B65C926A-AB84-4AF8-B739-3C2EFBCC38EA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 347
  • 6CBF1EB1-C8FA-455B-80BF-C9ABA7619402.jpeg
    6CBF1EB1-C8FA-455B-80BF-C9ABA7619402.jpeg
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 354
  • F85A18B8-FE4E-481D-9888-4A6B3EACF98D.jpeg
    F85A18B8-FE4E-481D-9888-4A6B3EACF98D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 363
  • 76433B11-D83F-4D4A-8537-7D8E9BAF10DA.jpeg
    76433B11-D83F-4D4A-8537-7D8E9BAF10DA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 352

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
I was a little confused by lots of mention of "install" and "uninstall" in this thread so I will write what worked perfectly for me. You must root first, which I did following the thread for rooting Android 10 MTCD devices.

1: Obtain the entire zlink folder from a newer rom, not just apk (there are subfolders with updated files too). For me that was /odm/bundled_persist-app/zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-v4.0.41.11_jg from Android 11 HA3 20220706 version.
2: Put this on a flash drive and plug the drive into the USB port of the MTCD/E unit who's zlink you're trying to update. In my case, the destination unit was running Android 10 HCT4 20211009 (last version without major Bluetooth problems for me, and also has day/night mode on system UI)
3: Using a file explorer with root permissions such as MiXplorer, browse to your /odm/bundled_persist-app/ and copy the zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-<oldversion> folder currently there to your flash drive (to back it up) and then delete it from /odm/bundled_persist-app/
4: Copy the new zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-<newversion> folder that you put on your flash drive earlier into /odm/bundled_persist-app/
5: Reboot and enjoy new zlink version!

That's it. No need to uninstall or install any apks. No need to rename anything or even keep the old zlink folder there. It somehow knows where to find zlink even though the new folder has a different name due to the newer version number.

Since the full ROM image files including ZLink are provided by Dasaita for free for anyone on the Internet to download, here is the ZLink 4.0.41.11 and ZLink 4.0.41.14 folders from their image file to save you the trouble:
https://mega.nz/folder/gOdQXJzB#B4iSW89NaZsu6cnKPQnmHA This will only activate on a HCT / Dasaita head unit that was originally licensed for ZLink. I can confirm this version works without the issue where using google assistant causes lower volume afterwards.

Last edited:

iagobkstar

May 14, 2021
I was a little confused by lots of mention of "install" and "uninstall" in this thread so I will write what worked perfectly for me. You must root first, which I did following the thread for rooting Android 10 MTCD devices.

1: Obtain the entire zlink folder from a newer rom, not just apk (there are subfolders with updated files too). For me that was /odm/bundled_persist-app/zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-v4.0.41.11_jg from Android 11 HA3 20220706 version.
2: Put this on a flash drive and plug the drive into the USB port of the MTCD/E unit who's zlink you're trying to update. In my case, the destination unit was running Android 10 HCT4 20211009 (last version without major Bluetooth problems for me, and also has day/night mode on system UI)
3: Using a file explorer with root permissions such as MiXplorer, browse to your /odm/bundled_persist-app/ and copy the zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-<oldversion> folder currently there to your flash drive (to back it up) and then delete it from /odm/bundled_persist-app/
4: Copy the new zlink-wla-a-hengchangtong-release-<newversion> folder that you put on your flash drive earlier into /odm/bundled_persist-app/

That's it. No need to uninstall or install any apks. No need to rename anything or even keep the old zlink folder there. It somehow knows where to find zlink even though the new folder has a different name due to the newer version number.

Since the full ROM image files including ZLink are provided by Dasaita for free for anyone on the Internet to download, here is the ZLink 4.0.41.11 folder from their image file to save you the trouble:
https://mega.nz/file/QGtGmIKQ#2hcSAR1Sw0-e4nYx-U_PBamPD3ldBBYA3KDV3BwViLw This will only activate on a HCT / Dasaita head unit that was originally licensed for ZLink. I can confirm this version works without the issue where using google assistant causes lower volume afterwards.
Thanks a lot for sharing! That specific bug had been driving me nuts for well over a year... It's good to see that even though Zlink itself is a pretty hacky piece of software, there's ongoing support and development for the app.

After updating, I've also noticed that USB connection to Android Auto is blazing fast, 3-4 seconds in my case, and that the eye care (i.e. blue filter) settings from the phone carry over to Zlink. Both welcome additions.

I cannot say for sure if Wireless AA is better or worse than the previously installed version (I was on 4.0.37), but before it'd work flawlessly like 95% of the time (connection in about 15 seconds) 4% of the time taking about a minute to connect and 1% never connecting and requiring wired connection.

Asobitai

Sep 20, 2022
In my case if background connection is not enabled the AA does not connect...only activating the background connection connects but I don't want Zlink each time i start the car.
I can connect in hd with version 5.2.47
where did you get 5.2.47 i dumped all of dasaita ota update but was unable to find the 5.2.47 update for Zlink currently stuck on a version where HD is not working

ikerg

where did you get 5.2.47 i dumped all of dasaita ota update but was unable to find the 5.2.47 update for Zlink currently stuck on a version where HD is not working
I don't think you had a Dasaita unit....for which MTCd units have version 4.xx. of zlink
Version 5.xxx is for other platforms....in my case "other" platform differntt than MTCd and with sd665 processor.
Can you share the about screen of zlink?

Asobitai

Sep 20, 2022
I don't think you had a Dasaita unit....for which MTCd units have version 4.xx. of zlink
Version 5.xxx is for other platforms....in my case "other" platform differntt than MTCd and with sd665 processor.
i think i have the other platform but ill dump the firmware in case someone else wants it.

currently dumping a different version of the qcom unit going to see if i can find the files there i wouldn't recommend updating your mcu with stuff you find online but extracting apk should be okay.

edit found a version of 5.2.68 does not go into HD

if im on the wrong page please delete my post

Attachments

• 20220920_142212.jpg
    20220920_142212.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 218
  • zlink 5 v5.2.68.apk
    15.5 MB · Views: 747
Last edited:

Asobitai

Sep 20, 2022
can i get a dump of your version 5.2.47 the person i get the files from dont have that version and the latest version fails at HD

Attachments

• 20220920_153437.jpg
    20220920_153437.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 108

salihbyk

Oct 21, 2013
friends, I installed a version of zlink 5 in the forum, then it gave an error, now the carplay screen does not appear, I would be very happy if you could help.

this version was working when installed
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 18.31.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 18.31.21.jpeg

Update and error =(

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 10.03.08.jpeg

ikerg

friends, I installed a version of zlink 5 in the forum, then it gave an error, now the carplay screen does not appear, I would be very happy if you could help.

View attachment 5717463

View attachment 5717465

Update and error =(

View attachment 5717467
1) this thread is for MTCd units...and your unit is not.
2) you can not use a zlink version from different channel (vendor) than the one corresponding to your unit.
3) as this is a MTCd thread here only you can obtain a v4.xx zlink version for the hct channel (which corresponds to MTCd units)

Ask on a thread for your specific unit platform

Shanzybeatz

Oct 1, 2022
Please help i have an issue with mine i did not realise i could not update it and i deleted it now cant find it any where i can redownloaded it ,tried different zlinks but not working please does anyone know a link
dc6b2c3c-1c62-4751-b287-ea87439798c6.jpg

Attachments

• c2e95260-bc3a-41d1-a5f9-06fb3e63bc6b.jpg
    c2e95260-bc3a-41d1-a5f9-06fb3e63bc6b.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 3e4da3d7-ab49-4193-9a14-d9e4c9fdf070.jpg
    3e4da3d7-ab49-4193-9a14-d9e4c9fdf070.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 54

ikerg

Please help i have an issue with mine i did not realise i could not update it and i deleted it now cant find it any where i can redownloaded it ,tried different zlinks but not working please does anyone know a link View attachment 5724471
You will have to ask your seller for a new firmware suitable for your unit....as the zlink app is preinstalled on your fresh firmware.
I don't know what kind of platform do you have on your unit so only the seller and/or manufacturer could help you....or ask on the android head units general forum for help. What I can really say is that your unit is not an MTCd unit.

Reactions: marchnz

Byzas

Jan 5, 2018

View attachment 5717463

View attachment 5717465

Update and error =(

View attachment 5717467
Hocam aynı sorun bende de var . Olur da çözüm bulursan bana da yazarmisin . Burada çözüm bulamazsın. I have exactly same issue . If you can find a solition please write me.

manilenio

Apr 16, 2009
Metro Manila
www.facebook.com
Hi All. I'm reading about this Tlink and Zlink app that's supposed to give you Apple Carplay and Android Auto, but I guess my question is, can I just install this on any car's Android headunit that doesn't have OEM Android Auto and Apple Carplay? In other words, will these apps (Tlink / Zlink) give me AA and Carplay on my Android headunit, or there are other prerequisites such as specific hardware, firmware, etc.? Would appreciate some clarification! Thanks.

ikerg

Hi All. I'm reading about this Tlink and Zlink app that's supposed to give you Apple Carplay and Android Auto, but I guess my question is, can I just install this on any car's Android headunit that doesn't have OEM Android Auto and Apple Carplay? In other words, will these apps (Tlink / Zlink) give me AA and Carplay on my Android headunit, or there are other prerequisites such as specific hardware, firmware, etc.? Would appreciate some clarification! Thanks.
No..those apps rely on specific hardware to run...they are tied to specific android headubits vendors

Reactions: marchnz

Gulczas31

Oct 14, 2022

Since the full ROM image files including ZLink are provided by Dasaita for free for anyone on the Internet to download, here is the ZLink 4.0.41.11 and ZLink 4.0.41.14 folders from their image file to save you the trouble:
https://mega.nz/folder/gOdQXJzB#B4iSW89NaZsu6cnKPQnmHA This will only activate on a HCT / Dasaita head unit that was originally licensed for ZLink. I can confirm this version works without the issue where using google assistant causes lower volume afterwards.

Hey, nice post :) I have a question: will it work for me? Do I need to buy a special external adapter for carplay or do I already have one in this equipment? I cannot activate zlink..

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPEG
    IMG_0208.JPEG
    813.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0143.JPEG
    IMG_0143.JPEG
    919 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0144.JPEG
    IMG_0144.JPEG
    930.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0145.JPEG
    IMG_0145.JPEG
    898.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0206.JPEG
    IMG_0206.JPEG
    747.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0207.JPEG
    IMG_0207.JPEG
    913.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0209.JPEG
    IMG_0209.JPEG
    843 KB · Views: 76

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
Hey, nice post :) I have a question: will it work for me? Do I need to buy a special external adapter for carplay or do I already have one in this equipment? I cannot activate zlink..
The zlink files I linked will only work if you are already able to activate zlink. If you can't activate it now, you won't be able to activate it with those files.

You probably need a dongle, I don't know if you have the hardware in the unit but even if you did you'd need to be able to activate it. That's a better question for whoever you bought the radio from. Probably you will need a dongle and won't be able to use zlink.

Gulczas31

Oct 14, 2022
The zlink files I linked will only work if you are already able to activate zlink. If you can't activate it now, you won't be able to activate it with those files.

You probably need a dongle, I don't know if you have the hardware in the unit but even if you did you'd need to be able to activate it. That's a better question for whoever you bought the radio from. Probably you will need a dongle and won't be able to use zlink.
Thank you for your response.
Doesn't this photo show that there is carplay in my device? I wrote to the seller but for now it's silent..

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0143.jpg
    InkedIMG_0143.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 82

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
Thank you for your response.
Doesn't this photo show that there is carplay in my device? I wrote to the seller but for now it's silent..
No it doesn't, you can select whatever you want on that list but it doesn't mean the feature is present. Either way, I can't help with activation problems, pretty sure only the seller can do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just backup the Apk Zlink app from my Dasaita Max 6 PX6. Someone need it can download and use :)

rTYrQxD.png

Download here :

Zlink 4.0.37
    I didn’t get you ?
    which head unit does my device come in
    I don’t know the model or brand name
    You have a generic unbranded 8227L with a YT9216BJ processor. If your unit was MTCD/E then you would see MTCD or MTCE on the about page that you posted. Posts for non MTCD/E/x go in the Android Head units forum.

To answer your original question, you will need an external dongle to be able use Apple CarPlay with this unit. Be advised that many of the dongle devices on the market often stop working when Apple provides updates to your phone as the dongles are not Apple certified.
    Hi, can someone please help me with ZLink apk or app download link so i can use it in my car android head unit runs on andorid 9. I need to use apple car play. Its 2gb ram.
    Thanks

Yeah I can, please see the link below. This is a personal server with all the Data I have on my headunit. You might want to try autoplaybox, its in the dasaita carpay usb dongle folder. I have not tried Zlink yet but I have the APK.

https://lcraudio.stackstorage.com/s/xhFWr96B3GUtVGV
    Hey guys. I am needing a little help. I uninstalled the zlink because it was not working in my car with my t style screen. I tried to install the versions but none work. An error shows up as in the picture. Does anyone know what the problem is or is there a newer version than the last one sent?
    how can I update i click there on the update button but its says it got the last version
    You have to root !
    Here the latest zlink app, ver 4.0.21 :