ZLink function on Joying unit (android auto & car-play) on every px5 radio, possible?

Search This thread

cascio18

Jan 25, 2015
ZLink function on Joying unit (android auto & car-play) on every px5 radio, possible?

hi, i find this video that show zlink function on joying unit, that allow to use android auto and car play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmRnVbb02yA So i search in web to obtain other information about it, and on the site of joying i find that there is a module, zlink box, that allow to use this function on other joying unit. But in the description of the item, it's written that, if you have a px5 unit of joying you don't need this item. So now i think that you don't have to add some hardware on px5 unit (not joying, like mine) to have this feature, maybe only with the apk you can have it. Anyone knows something about it? (Sorry for my bad english)

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
I actually contacted Zjinnova (the company that makes zlink) and they said it’s got an app and a system service built in. Also it checks a license key to keep it activated. It should be trivial to extract the needed components from a joying firmware, and after that we would just need license keys (which I believe we can order from Zjinnova directly)

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Buy the dongle, plug in and go.... It is not software only.

Joying have simply integrated the dongle into their head units. Anticipate HCT based MTCD units have this build in soon, as can be seen in factory settings to enable it.

Last edited:

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Joying have simply integrated the dongle into their head units. Anticipate HCT based MTCD units have this build in soon, as can be seen in factory settings to enable it.
No, it's a software service only, functioning in a way similar to easyconnect's adb_ec service. Check the px5 joying ROM, you can easily extract it. It's several system services along with some binaries that interact with the devices, iOS or Android, and the zlink apk.

The zlink dongles just make it so you don't need root and rw access on the unit. Unfortunately it's ARM only, otherwise I would include it with the Intel custom ROM. I'm sure someone will rip it out and stick it into the malaysk rom or whatever.

In essence, no additional hardware required. Which is probably why you need a license key for it (I have not personally used or tested yet)

Last edited:

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
So, has anyone successfully extracted the files from a joying FW? If not, where can one download the latest firmware for such purposes?

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
No, it's a software service only, functioning in a way similar to easyconnect's adb_ec service. Check the px5 joying ROM, you can easily extract it. It's several system services along with some binaries that interact with the devices, iOS or Android, and the zlink apk.

The zlink dongles just make it so you don't need root and rw access on the unit. Unfortunately it's ARM only, otherwise I would include it with the Intel custom ROM. I'm sure someone will rip it out and stick it into the malaysk rom or whatever.

In essence, no additional hardware required. Which is probably why you need a license key for it (I have not personally used or tested yet)

Is there a way to manually add them to an already installed firmware? I have Malaysk's android 8.0 FW installed. Can I somehow manually add the app and services? I also can't for the life of me find a way to extract the necessary bits from the firmware update posted on Joying's site.

https://www.joyingauto.com/blog/category/updated-files-released/

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this :) I think I can get a license key from zjinnova separately.

ikerg

i dont think that it is just install the software....
The dongle must have licensed hardware (to apple) in order carplay could work.
If our units have hardware enough (and better than other carplay enabled units)...why then is necesary a dongle?

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
i dont think that it is just install the software....
The dongle must have licensed hardware (to apple) in order carplay could work.
If our units have hardware enough (and better than other carplay enabled units)...why then is necesary a dongle?

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the app being a system app and requiring root privileges. If it needed special hardware for zlink to be built into the head unit then why does it need an activation code?

ikerg

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the app being a system app and requiring root privileges. If it needed special hardware for zlink to be built into the head unit then why does it need an activation code?
Specific apple certified hardware and software is needed.
Hardware is the USB stick
Zlink is the certified software....both are linked and the USB stick signs the software key

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Ben.suffolk

May 28, 2018
Bristol
Specific apple certified hardware and software is needed.
Hardware is the USB stick
Zlink is the certified software....both are linked and the USB stick signs the software key

What you say makes sense to me, but what about the second post, somebody contacted the company and they said how it works. I doubt Joying have added any extra hardware, I guess othe question is did the joying rom do this from launch, or was it in a recent update it started working. That might help figure it out

Ben

Last edited:

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
Here’s the zlink apk and the services. I don’t know how to properly install them. I figure it needs to be installed as a system app? And then copy the .so files into lib?

I’m away on holiday so I can’t try it on my own head unit but it seems promising

Attachments

• zlink.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 997

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Some detailed pics of the internal hardware might help us determine if hardware is required to support.

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
From above posts is there consensus?
Consensus? It sounds like no one that's experienced enough has extracted the px5 fyt rom and looked (I am, have), and understand how android services work.

(Ex: if a user has a FYT 6021 joying unit (which does not have zlink built in), swaps out the SOM with the FYT6026 px5, zlink is now built in. There's no additional hardware on the mcu board or the SoM)

Has no one told malaysk to look into this for the MTCD guys???

sicily123

Jun 8, 2011
In the mcu factory settings menu of Malaysk 2.0 I have a CarPlay toggle (yes/no)... could this have something to do with enabling zlink functionality?

ikerg

The image 20180623_185123.jpeg

Reactions: marchnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From above posts is there consensus?
    It seems it is looking for the USB device "no MFI is found"

Guys. Why don't you just install Headunit Reloaded form play store and then after that the latest beta from XDA app store? It's very cheap app I think 5 GBP and works flawlessly both wired and wireless. Don't bother with zlink headunit Reloaded is much much better
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr
    The image20180623_185123.jpeg