• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Zlink v. 4.0.8

Search This thread

DellDimension3000

Nov 18, 2020
I can't get wireless android auto working on my PX6 MAX 10.

I have the Bluetooth connected to my phone and my phone connected to the head unit's hotspot but nothing happens.

Works over wired though...

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia

Taha429

Nov 24, 2021
Yes, even with just the 2.4Ghz antenna. I run something like 4.0.23, but it's been working since 4.0.17 I think? It goes back to last year for sure. Just upgrade the Android OS and MCU and it will come with a ZLINK app update as well. https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/36770/firmwares
I think its android 10. how to update it ?
Screenshot_20211125-150701_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211125-150659_Gallery.jpg

Taha429

Nov 24, 2021
Your version of Zlink should work for wireless AA and Carplay. No need to update Android 10 just to update Zlink.
I have to root my device to update zlink ? It should be working when i connect my phone to the car wirelessly it say android auto connected please continue on your car but zlink keeps on saying waiting untill i plug it with usb

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
I have to root my device to update zlink ? It should be working when i connect my phone to the car wirelessly it say android auto connected please continue on your car but zlink keeps on saying waiting untill i plug it with usb
No, no need for root. Also, you can only typically update ZLINK when you update Android using Dasaita's update packages. You can't find Zlink outside of the Dasaita package, typically. Either way, your version is sufficient enough to run AA wireless.

I forget how I did it exactly, but you need to connect your phone (via USB) to your car and start Android Auto. Make sure that you are connected to your head unit via Bluetooth. Then, go into the Android Auto settings and click the toggle to connect Wirelessly. What the app will do is create a hotspot on your head unit and your phone will connect to that hotspot. Actually, connect it via USB, get it running, then disconnect the USB while the car is one and AA is running. That might launch the wireless connectivity as well.

Here is a video on it (although I don't remember having to do all of that):

Here is a link the the MCU firmware and Android update:

Taha429

Nov 24, 2021
No, no need for root. Also, you can only typically update ZLINK when you update Android using Dasaita's update packages. You can't find Zlink outside of the Dasaita package, typically. Either way, your version is sufficient enough to run AA wireless.

I forget how I did it exactly, but you need to connect your phone (via USB) to your car and start Android Auto. Make sure that you are connected to your head unit via Bluetooth. Then, go into the Android Auto settings and click the toggle to connect Wirelessly. What the app will do is create a hotspot on your head unit and your phone will connect to that hotspot. Actually, connect it via USB, get it running, then disconnect the USB while the car is one and AA is running. That might launch the wireless connectivity as well.

Here is a video on it (although I don't remember having to do all of that):

Here is a link the the MCU firmware and Android update:
I just updated my firmware using the dasaita public firmware since my hu is not dasaita and zlink got updated and literally once i connected to the bluetooth wireless AA worked since i already had everything done on my phone but like the theme and apps layout are so bad its all white with the application only do i need to install a theme or a mod and i didn't update my mcu. btw i don't know the maker of my hu I think its a chinese company under the name SK VISION. Thanks alot for your help