Zopo ZP980+ (2GB/32GB)

Search This thread

vlkrsdl

Jun 6, 2014
unrooted ZP998 needed for GOOD

Hi, thanks for this. The ZP980+ is somehow pre-rooted but does not work. There is a Superuser slider but this not works as expected. My problem is that I need a completely unrooted device. If I install the GOOD application it does not work because it detects the device is not really 100% unrooted. How can I get the phone completely clean of root stuff? thanks

Hi guiliaspider, did you manage to unroot your Zopo completely? I really like my ZP998 but need the GOOD app as well. I'd really appreciate some advice. TIA, vlkrsdl

Kiko2309

Apr 4, 2011
Zopo zp980+ C2A 2gb ram/16gb rom

hi, anybody doesnt have problem with facebook aplication? I cant use it like on another phones, i tried few version, but none work perfect. Whats wrong? Its because there is MTK6592 8 core CPU? And i got aswell problem with overheating sometimes :( Battery lasts only one day. Its phone from Etotalk and does it have their Custom Rooted Rom. Any ideas friends? Thanks a lot.

jarda.jezek

Nov 11, 2012
Try to use the battery defender application to switch off data transmission when phone goes off. It helped me significantly.

Jun 22, 2014
zopo zp980+ 2g/16g

Hi, I have a zp980+ and am having g trouble with it freezing and then rebooting all the time. Does anyone else have thus problem.
Thanks,
Harry

jarda.jezek

Nov 11, 2012
Depends on rom you have and maybe other software installed. Use stock rom and make full wipe.
Facebook problem should be solved by actual ota update of the stock rom.

Last edited:

UnicoIjo

Jul 2, 2012
Bacoor, Cavite
help me to deodex

i have zopo zp980+ can u help me guys to deodex its stock firmware/rom? i use different deodexe app(universal and unreal) it doesn't work.. pls help..tia

emreagacli

Jan 31, 2014
well the app that generates the error message most is Top Eleven, its a game.
Im getting it sometimes when using the camera and gallery, also exchange (email)

i Also noticed that Cpu identifier tells me that my phone is a "Zopo ZP980 16gb (zwx)" when i got the ZP980 32gb / 2gb ram.
Must be room related or there is a hw issue with my phone.

I have flashed version b of the firmware.

replace build.prop with the link. topeleven will work smooth. dont forget to back up and permissions. http://www.4shared.com/file/ldhvIMEDba/build.html?

mansonn75

Nov 14, 2012
bluethoot en miui con zopo 980+ octacore

Hi y'all , i have a question about miui.
I now run with my 980 2g/32gig b version miui v5 the latest build. And the old boot image 10/06
This is a very good rom for battery and smoothnes,, some things still in chinese but not a prob, those are minor.
Now my question is , what's the diffirence with lewa v5 -) smoothnes,languege,bugs etcetera?
Because miui is very good but smoothnes off opening apps an launcher loading was faster in stock rom 18/08.
So in comparionsment with stock, what is best - lewa or miui?

Sent from my zp980 2g/32gb using xda app-developers app

hello, where you downloaded to test it? mine is the Octacore with 2GB of ram? I have a downloaded of needrom but it does not work the car bluethoot installed.

greetings.

Peppino23

Dec 28, 2014
Supersu binaries

Hi, i am new here, but i use android from about three years. I am experiencing problems with root: i am using marsapa kk v4 and i needed to root it via recovery (sevenmaxs twrp 2.7.1.0) using a zip that installed kinguser and its binaries. To use apps like game killer i need to use supersu's binaries, but it seems like i can't delete the kinguser's, the su file is read only or something.
THINGS I ALREADY TRIED
Mount system r/w from root explorer, the file couldn't be deleted anyway
Mount system r/w from adb, permission denied
install supersu from play store
install binaries in normal way
install from twrp, didn't reboot automatically
install the zip manually, didn't install it
deleting it from any existing file manager

arist1976

Nov 29, 2014
Thessaloniki
Realme 8
Same like zopo

Hello I have a Hasee x50ts smartphone which is the same like xopo zp980+ from outside and inside. It has 2/32Gb, mtk6592 octacore 1,7Mhz, 5/14Gb cameras , everything is the same in both phones. My screen broke and I cannot find an original(Goria Glass3), so I want to buy an original zopo touchscreen. At the back-side of the screen the codes are the same. Will it work? Anyone has an opinion? In some site ia aliexpress they sell both brand screens together and from the sellers I mailed, half told that they are compatible and half told me it won't work. Any help from a pro?
images

images

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I welcome everybody to the thread about the upgraded ZP980.

ZP980 vs ZP980+

The + version is supposed to be the exact same hardware as the ZP980, only with double the internal memory and RAM.

Why a separate thread for this variation?

Many people have pointed out that this model is basically the same as the ZP980 except for the size of the RAM and the internal storage (2GB vs 1GB and 32GB vs 16GB respectively).
    The discussion is still going on in the ZP980 thread. Until it is 100% confirmed that everything works exactly the same for both phones, I am planning to keep this thread. Except if XDA decides differently of course. :)

In any event, this thread was not created to compete with the ZP980 thread. Personally I follow that one too and participate in the discussion. This thread here only exists as a point of reference for confirmed methods, tricks, ROMs and recoveries for the ZP980+.

Can I try ROMs and other stuff I find in the thread for the standard ZP980?

I would say yes, with some caution.
    In case you try something that works or -even more important- something that does not work, please be kind and share with us in this thread. This way you are helping the community take the most out this excellent piece of hardware and avoid mistakes.

Phone specs:
    5" screen
    FHD Super Retina Display 1920*1080 pixels, 441PPI, OGS
    CPU MTK6589T - 1.5Ghz
    2GB RAM
    32GB internal storage
    13-megapixel rear camera
    Android 4.2 out of the box
    2G: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: HSPA 850/2100 MHz
    Battery:Li-Polymer, 2000mAh
    Dimensions: 143.3 x 70 x 8.5mm
    Weight: 150g

IF YOUR PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THESE EXACT SPECS, PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THIS THREAD.
    I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.

The answer is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    well im not pleased with my issue, phone is bricked with corrupt nand and i cant see to find any info on how to fix it..
    so if anyone can point me in any direction that would be great..

I'm keeping this in bookmark if something go wrong...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437902

Poslano sa mog ZP980 koristeći Tapatalk 4
    I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.
    Can i root the Zopo ZP980+ advertised with MTK6592, Cortex A7 Octa core, 1.7GHz. Please help. I'm trying three days.

Root is possible.
    I'll write up a full guide tomorrow and post the files needed.
    You need to modify default.prop in boot.img and make cwm recovery.img.
    Then flash only those parts using downloaded stock firmware.
    From there you can adb to reboot into recovery since the normal power + vol+ don't work.(power + vol- is test mode...bottom item is reboot)
    Then flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and reboot.

You may run into a read-only filesystem problem if you tried a bunch of root tools.(This drove me crazy!)
    Simply reboot into CWM recovery, make a full backup, then format "system", then advance restore "system".

Edit: I made a fully rooted near stock firmware for the Zp980+ w/MTK6592 8-core.
    Flashable with SP Flash Tool.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73930
    Still working on root guide and flashing guide.

Edit2:
    Ported rom from H9008 to ZP980+ with MTK6592. Not nearly as modified as ZP980+ stock rom. Faster boot times.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73933