• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Zopo Zp999 & 3X Octa Core

Search This thread

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
New ZOPO ZP999 and 3X OCTA CORE 5.5 inches

New thread for the new model zp999 and 3X Octa Core

ZOPO ZP999

Among the features, we find a 5.5-inch full HD display, CPU MediaTek MT6595 octa-core 2.2 GHz,
3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, 2,700 mAh battery, 14 megapixel camera f / 2.0 and Android 4.4 on board.
ZOPO-ZP999-4.jpg

Everybody are Welcome!​

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=256
Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Details Section

Zopo ZP999 full specifications
BRAND and MODEL
zopo_zp9991413505698jpg.jpg
Brand: ZOPO
Model: ZP999 Pro
Carrier: Unlocked
Sim card: Dual Micro sim dual standby
Multi Language: Afrikaans, Bahasa Indonesia, Bhasa Melayu, Catala, Cestina, Dansk, Deutsch, English, Spanish, Filipino, French, Hrvatski, IsiZuzu, Italia, kiswahili, Latviesu, Lietuviu, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk Bokmal, Polski, Portuguese, Romana, Rumantsch, Slovencina, Slovenscina, Suomi, Svenska, Tieng Viet, Tagalog, Turkish,Greek,Bulgarian,Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Amharic, Hindi,Thailand, Korean,日本語,Traditional Chinese, Simple Chinese 

OS and CPU

Operating System: Google Android 4.4 Kitkat OS,
CPU: MTK MT6595M 2.0GHz, 28nm HPM Octa Core process
GPU:IMG Rogue G6200 450MHz

MEMORY

Internal phone storage: 32GB ROM
RAM: 3GB
Memory card support : MicroSD Card up to 64GB

NETWORKING

FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz

4G: FDD-LTE::800/1800/2600MHz
TD-LTE: 1880-1920/2300-2400/2555-2655MHz
TD-SCDMA: 1880-1920/2010-2025MHz
zopo_zp999_4g_lte1413604735jpg.jpg
zopo_zp999_4g_lte1413605313jpg.jpg

CAMERA and VIDEO

Rear camera: 14MP, LED Flash 
Front-facing cam: 5.0MP
Video capture: 1080P(1920X1080, 30FPS)

ENTERNAINMENT

Video play formats: MP4/3GP/MOV/MPEG/MKV/FLV, ...
Audio play formats: MP3/AMR/AAC/ASF/Ape/Flac ,...
Ring Tone: MP3/AAC/ASF,...
Picture formats: JPEG/PNG/GIF/BMP,...

CONNECITIVITY and COMMUNICATION

USB support: 5pin Micro USB v2.0 

WiFi:802.11ac/a/b/g/n/ac

WiFi Hotspot functionality, Tethering & portable hotspot - Synchronization via Exchange ActiveSync

Bluetooth technology: Bluetooth v4.0

GPS satellites: GPS,A-GPS,GLONASS,BEIDOU

Sensor: Gravity Sensor, Compass, proximity sensor

USB OTG View what is OTG on Wiki

NFC

HOTKNOT

WIFI Display

Gesture

DISPLAY

Screen Size: 5.5-inch
Color Support: 16 Million Colors
Screen Technology:,Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen , IPS, GFF
Screen material: Corning® Gorilla® Glass Class 2
Display resolution: 1920*1080 pixels
zopo_zp9991413506141jpg.jpg
PRE-LOADED APPLICATIONS

Google Maps
Google Talk
Google Mail
Google Calendar
Google Play Store
Facebook
Twitter

BATTERY

Battery:2700mAh, PowerXtend

SIZE

Dimensions: 151.6x76.3x9.2mm
Weight(Including battery) : 150g

IN PACKAGE

1 x ZOPO Phablet ZP999 Pro
1 x Travel Charger
1 x Usb Data Cable
1 x Headphone
1 x Battery
1 x User Manual
www.zopomobileshop.com1415502920png.png
www.zopomobileshop.com1415502851png.png

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Software section

New firmware:

KK 4.4.2. 20141230_190946

http://www.4shared.com/zip/gPUCElAOce/zp999_3X_zopomobileshop_201412.html

How to have right root on zp999 and 3X

This procedure is to receive right root on STOCK official firmware

Drivers :

http://www.4shared.com/rar/THPrHzDxce/USB_VCOM_Driver.html

https://www.dropbox.com/s/125r5twipmdt1wn/MT6589 drivers.zip

Recovery Modded NEW V.2

CWM V6 By Xda Dev "CARLIV"
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95887005526789212

CWM Ctr 3.0 By Xda Dev "CARLIV"
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95887005526789211

CWM PhiliZ By Xda Dev "CARLIV"
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95887005526789214

Flashtool V.5.xxxl
Version for zp999

http://www.4shared.com/zip/aS_Cd ... e_Windows_v514.html

Section setup Software:

Drivers Installation :

Procedure :
To install the USB drivers VCOM the phone must be turned off and connected to the PC with or without a battery depending on the type of device,
get a screen like this in the device manager of the computer

2ln8q5i.jpg

Once you have installed the terminal will be shown in this way (the COM port may be different)

For those who have problems with the installation of these drivers and have had in the past a terminal mtk
they may have a driver conflict, or even if you just do the confusion and installed it different,
to solve, you can try to use the program
usbdeview:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/trans/usbdeview_italian.zip

select all items in that report as VCOM USB Preloader in the Mediatek figure right click Unistall and restart the PC
2jb4ec5.jpg

Installation of the Firmware:

PROCEDURE
1) Setup new Firmware
download the new firmware.
Unzip the compressed file and insert into the firmware folder:
a) recovery modded (is necessary for receive right root)

Phone off without usb cable and possibly removed the battery and put back for a perfect reset .....
and hold mode 'of off without usb cable connected!
Run Flashtool version octa-core ..... select the file, and then scatter firmware upgrade ...... NOW ONLY CONNECT USB CABLE not before!
Wait for the end of the installation procedure of the firmware and eventually restart the phone!
This' whole simplified procedure for installing the original firmware.

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Utility section

Root Section

PROCEDURE (Recovery modded)

Getting to the root rights requires mandatory installation
Recovery of a Modified

1) Copy one of the previous Recovery.V2 in the firmware folder, replacing the original.
2) With flashtool v.5 only mtk6595 the firmware folder selected scatter and go to flag only the recovery.
3) Go fleshare the phone with the selection of the download button in flashtool.
4) With the phone mode 'off of the attached USB cable to the PC only hours after download to flashtool.

wait a few moments and after seeing advance the yellow band of the installation will receive a circle sees ok

PROCEDURE (SuperSu)

1) Download the SuperSu App from the Xda Web SIte

http://download.chainfire.eu/641/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip

or

http://download.chainfire.eu/644/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip

Copy it to your SD card .

2) Go into recovery modded

Select SuperSu v.xx and install

Reboot into android S.O.

You should see the app installed Super Su.

3) Install Busybox (from files or from GooglePlay store)

open the app and give the right Su power and wait for it's scan

4) Install the binary from the Busybox menu' "normal install"

After correctly installed the binary ...Reboot the phone

And you will have your rights as a Root

Many Thanks to:
Jessica, Feng, Xiaoyi, Jaynes,
All My Friends from other web site and forums
Carliv, Yuwang,Codelover,Bigrammy,SevenMax, Marsapa,Yuweng, PaoloTHL, Command0, M3N3chm0,Biobio,ICEMAN,Mrjavum,
I apologize in advance if not list them all!
:victory:

Last edited:

stretchie_

Feb 28, 2009
Thanks, I will be watching this thread.

I am thinking about getting the 3GB ROM version for 'future proofing' but wondering about support for it and if there is a way to get other ROM's for it, like Lollipop.

I've also read that the ZP998 suffered from GPS issues.

:D

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
Does anyone have this phone yet and what do you think about it? I'm interested in the GPS quality and the Camera- is the GPS still losing signal as with the ZP998? I read that this model uses the new MTK 6595M chip with the big.LIttle arc and am wondering if it's faster than the MTK 6592 octa with 1.7

Jipece

Oct 18, 2014
Does anyone have this phone yet and what do you think about it? I'm interested in the GPS quality and the Camera- is the GPS still losing signal as with the ZP998? I read that this model uses the new MTK 6595M chip with the big.LIttle arc and am wondering if it's faster than the MTK 6592 octa with 1.7

I'm wqiting for 999 in next 2 weeks (I hope). My 998 was obviously a very good phone, except GPS, that's why I decided to go to 999, hoping that ZOPO will take experience of 998 and correct all bugs from 998. If YES, 999, will be an ideal phone (4G / 2 SIMs / SDCARD/...). let's wait for it. As soon as I will have it, I will post my opinion...;)

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
I'm wqiting for 999 in next 2 weeks (I hope). My 998 was obviously a very good phone, except GPS, that's why I decided to go to 999, hoping that ZOPO will take experience of 998 and correct all bugs from 998. If YES, 999, will be an ideal phone (4G / 2 SIMs / SDCARD/...). let's wait for it. As soon as I will have it, I will post my opinion...;)

Thanks I'll be looking forward to your review. :) I'm about to uprgrade from a SGS2 and can't decide between 998 and 999. Read the entire thread on the 998 and the GPS and audio in the headphones seem to be the only problems. If the 999 still has them( I hope not) then I'll
probably go with the 998, but let's hope that the folks from ZOPO have corrected their mistakes with the Lion heart :)

Last edited:

Cosmic_Colin

Nov 15, 2014
I also have this phone on order, and will hopefully receive it in the next week or two.

There is a YouTube video demonstrating the GPS which looks quite promising.

This is my first Chinese phone (currently the orig Samsung Galaxy Note ). I was interested in the MTK6595 chip, and as you've said, it ticks all the boxes for things like SD card, dual SIM, removable battery etc.

Will post impressions/video if anyone is interested.

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
I also have this phone on order, and will hopefully receive it in the next week or two.

There is a YouTube video demonstrating the GPS which looks quite promising.

This is my first Chinese phone (currently the orig Samsung Galaxy Note ). I was interested in the MTK6595 chip, and as you've said, it ticks all the boxes for things like SD card, dual SIM, removable battery etc.

Will post impressions/video if anyone is interested.

I would love to read/watch your review :)

M

megadau

ordered from zopomobile.eu now the site one day Offline

Hi I have ordered from zopomobile.eu a ZP999 is now the site one day Offline
I fear for my money is zopomobile.eu a good or bad dealer?
I cry please help

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Do not cry!
But all of this sale are presale and so will need other period of time!
One or two weeks.

P. S.
Please respect the xda rules... Do not write spam or advertising or write external link web site about something.... I do not want problem with our moderators.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
M

megadau

I hope so I bought two Phones the mail order said the packet goes out on 19 november!!

Cosmic_Colin

Nov 15, 2014
So, Zopo have announced a different model called the Zopo 3X. It seems to be identical to the ZP999, except for having 16Gb storage rather than 32gb. Also, the price is $299 rather than $399.

This seems a very big price difference if the only difference is the storage. I'm a bit annoyed, as I would have gone for the 3X if I had known about it a couple of weeks earlier.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Is the only difference really the storage? If the ZP999 had some other advantage - e.g. better battery, screen, or used the MTK6595 (not M) then I'd be ok with the price difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created a new recovery based in TWRP 2.8.7.0 but based in Android 6.0 source code with CM12.1, http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-7/

Im close to compile and test my firtst rom zp999 cm12.1, I hope work all ok.
    @juliotec any aprox date on release and test?
    I compiled the first cm 12.1 rom but didn't boot im checking the problems in boot right now, but the recovery stock cm 12.1 work good, boot and install zips from internal storage and adb sideload too, so recovery cm 12.1 work all. So I think that system is ok, just need tweak the boot files to finish a first booteable cm12.1
    I finished my custom rom with twrp recovery 2.8.7.0, this rom still be 4.4.2 but with my modifications writed in my previous post
    http://www.needrom.com/download/chilapos-rom/

Nom im working only with CM12.1
    Juliotec are you still with us? I hope so! Anyway I have had problems with inversion of memories as if I put an external sdcard the phone take it as sdcard0 and the internal storage as sdcard1. I really don't know why because this problems persists even if I set internal storage as default storage in Settings-->Memory
    Are there any fix? Or I did something wrong? Thank you in advance! ��
    Sorry a was a little busy, but im still develop cm12.1, im just trying to finish the init.rc to start testing the first cm12.1, im using the stock kernel, i dont like the source code from zopo they create more bugs than fix in each update, its crap, the source code has severals bugs and random restarts, gps give more problems, if my first cyanomoded work, i will do a new kernel, i will not leave this phone dead