Search This thread

denzelcris

Jun 26, 2013
Bucharest
Hello,

After rooting the factory rom on my AGS2-W09 with 2GB ram I have noticed that this device has a zram partition of 1.3 GB leaving about 700 MB of free ram. Also the "swappines" percentage was set to 100%.
I've tried diabling zram and creating a new swap file on the internal SD Card but did not knowticed any difference, apart from losing some free space on the sd card. More precisely I have a swap file of 800 mb with a swappiness of 70%.
To do this I've used a combination of root apps like: Apps2SD (for swap management) and SmartPack to set the zram to 0 or 8 mb.

Has anyone played with this? Does anyone have other parameter suggestions? I suspect EMUI 8 is ignoring my settings.
I will be trying LineageOS 16 soon and take a peek of the values.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, how is it possible to root this mediapad ? I didn't find any way :(
Yes it is. Unlock bootloader:
See here

Before going into bootloader, (you need to install adb on your PC), go to developer options in mediapads' settings and enable OEM unlock. Then you can go into bootloader.

After you go into bootloader (press vol- & pwr btn) make sure you have FRP and phone unlocked (It will appear in red) If you have FRP in green, DON'T install nothing. Just do the OEM unlock.

Install your custom recovery (the one you want) by typing
Code:
bootloader flash recovery_ramdisk <zip file>

Then install magisk:
See here

unh1nged

Mar 14, 2010
Welland
LG G5
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yes it is. Unlock bootloader:
See here

Before going into bootloader, (you need to install adb on your PC), go to developer options in mediapads' settings and enable OEM unlock. Then you can go into bootloader.

After you go into bootloader (press vol- & pwr btn) make sure you have FRP and phone unlocked (It will appear in red) If you have FRP in green, DON'T install nothing. Just do the OEM unlock.

Install your custom recovery (the one you want) by typing
Code:
bootloader flash recovery_ramdisk <zip file>

Then install magisk:
See here
Might want to also turn on usb debugging after OEM unlock.

Reactions: Fosanz
Hello,

After rooting the factory rom on my AGS2-W09 with 2GB ram I have noticed that this device has a zram partition of 1.3 GB leaving about 700 MB of free ram. Also the "swappines" percentage was set to 100%.
I've tried diabling zram and creating a new swap file on the internal SD Card but did not knowticed any difference, apart from losing some free space on the sd card. More precisely I have a swap file of 800 mb with a swappiness of 70%.
To do this I've used a combination of root apps like: Apps2SD (for swap management) and SmartPack to set the zram to 0 or 8 mb.

Has anyone played with this? Does anyone have other parameter suggestions? I suspect EMUI 8 is ignoring my settings.
I will be trying LineageOS 16 soon and take a peek of the values.

Thanks in advance!
Factory Rom is **** btw. I should recommend you to install LOS18 from @DarkJoker360. Here I leave link:

DarkJoker's LOS18.1

It says p8 lite 2017, but its the same ecosystem. ; )

Have you tried it yourself ? Is everything working fine ?
Yup I'm now running it, but there are few things to do before and after installing the ROM. I mean there are more steps apart from those in the instructions bc it's not the same device as p8lite 2017 (same ecosystem but not same system partition). PM me on telegram if you want some help @Fosanz

gorci

Sep 26, 2019
Hello i would ask where i found boot.img on huawei mediapad t5 firmware.I need this img for magish manager patch for root this device without TWRP on stock rom. Grettings

Hello i would ask where i found boot.img on huawei mediapad t5 firmware.I need this img for magish manager patch for root this device without TWRP on stock rom. Grettings
follow the normal installation of magisk if you're using stock ROM (just download and install magisk as an app, then flash the zip they gave to you via TWRP). You'll have to unlock the bootloader. Follow this guide to unlock it ;).