[ZRLF] [International F/FD] Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI (Android Pie) beta program now live!

Search This thread

Life Companion

Mar 10, 2017
City Of Eagles
Samsung Galaxy A50
Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI beta program kicks off

S9/S9+ Pie update download links.

Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F

------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F

------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:

SD card method

Download the necessary update.zip(s) for your device according to your current software version.

Step 1
Copy the update.zip file to your SD card.

Step 2
Reboot the device into Recovery mode. (Turn off the phone, then Vol Up + Bixby + Power button)

Step 3
Go to apply update from SD card.

Step 4
Install the update, and be patient.

Many people have reported, that on ZRKA, they're unable to apply new updates from SD because of SD card mounting errors.

First try formatting your card on your phone, and try again. If that fails, use adb sideloading.

Edit: The most effective way I came across for this issue is to actually use a PC (or a phone utility) to format the SD Card with FAT32, then try the update.

ADB Sideloading

Download the necessary update.zip(s) for your device according to your current software version.

Step 1
Download the latest ADB ZIP file (Windows), then extract it to C:\adb

Step 2
Download and install adb drivers.

Step 3
Copy the update.zip file to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe file is)

Step 4
Put your phone in recovery mode and select Apply update from ADB, then connect it to your PC

Step 5
Wait until your PC installs the drivers, if you're doing this for the first time.

Step 6
Open command prompt, navigate to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe and update.zip is)

Step 7
Issue the following command: adb devices
If you can see a device in 'sideload' mode, you can proceed to step 8, otherwise you may have some troubleshooting to do.

Step 8
Issue the following command: adb sideload update.zip

Step 9
Be patient, and enjoy your update.

NOTE: You can't go directly from BRJ6 to the latest update, you have to start with ZRKA and apply them one by one.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO PERFORM A FACTORY RESET IF YOU'RE UPDATING FROM BRJ6. Otherwise its not necessary, but for
the most optimal experience, it is advised.

Credits :-

Attachments

• galaxy-s9-pie-beta-us-third-update.jpg
    galaxy-s9-pie-beta-us-third-update.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 2,808
  • ogqvr6ify1121.jpg
    ogqvr6ify1121.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 2,788
  • galaxy-s9-android-pie-beta-changelog.jpg
    galaxy-s9-android-pie-beta-changelog.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 2,803
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8863401

Hello,

I have a newbie question - once beta will be out for Germany will I be able to flash it without any side effects (locking to german firmware, tripping knox). I somehow expect that I will have to do factory reset of my phone.

Thanks!

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hello,

I have a newbie question - once beta will be out for Germany will I be able to flash it without any side effects (locking to german firmware, tripping knox). I somehow expect that I will have to do factory reset of my phone.

Thanks!
No need to flash anything, once you sign up for the beta you'll receive the beta via OTA within a few minutes of sign up

G4neStarT

Sep 19, 2012
Zagreb
I think we, outside of South Korea should stop buying Samsung devices. First of all, they are late in the Game and second why would they always prioritized their homeland :/. Please do not get me wrong I'm not trying to spread some hate but Samsung is really really bad at Software delivery and that is not just in their Mobile department, unfortunately.

Reactions: Imaginos
D

Deleted member 8863401

Yeah, but I am not from US/German or UK.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I think we, outside of South Korea should stop buying Samsung devices. First of all, they are late in the Game and second why would they always prioritized their homeland :/. Please do not get me wrong I'm not trying to spread some hate but Samsung is really really bad at Software delivery and that is not just in their Mobile department, unfortunately.

I don't agree with you . You have to realize this is Beta. They are trying to focus on limited number of countries before global rollout. I think that their homeland is best for this because it is easier to support for them.

G4neStarT

Sep 19, 2012
Zagreb
Yeah, but I am not from US/German or UK.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I don't agree with you . You have to realize this is Beta. They are trying to focus on limited number of countries before global rollout. I think that their homeland is best for this because it is easier to support for them.

Ok, I can only agree. I didn't see it that way, thank you :)

darksidesh007

Mar 7, 2012
I have been a beta tester since the Note 3. If I remember correctly, the Beta update the last couple of times hit in the evening in the US. Granted, that doesn't I won't keep checking every couple of minutes. :) Anyway, currently it is 10:30 PM South Korean time. This could be a long 12 hours......

archerymodz

Feb 21, 2012
Samsung Germany support told me in the life chat that it will come during the day and I have to be patient.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Hahah lol I had the same guy in the chat ;)

From my experience those guys don't know anything, but heres to hoping.

Vordx

Feb 1, 2017
Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI beta program kicks off

You can register for the beta in the Samsung Members app (Samsung+ for folks in the US). Just open the app, tap the Notices button, and you should see an option about enrolling into the beta program. Once enrolled, you will be able to download the Android Pie beta build from the Settings » Software update menu by tapping Download updates manually. You will need a Samsung account to do this, as expected.

Don’t fret if you don’t see a notice about the program in Samsung Members just yet. It may take some time to become active for everyone, although you’d want to be as quick as possible with registering as there are going to be limited slots. It’s also a good idea to back your data up through Samsung Smart Switch before installing the beta.

Source

Is this shi* post? Or just low effort one? Maybe you could check spellings next time , it takes less than a min.

darksidesh007

Mar 7, 2012
Is this shi* post? Or just low effort one? Maybe you could check spellings next time , it takes less than a min.

True. Assuming you have a browser and/or add-in that supports spell checking. I don't think the XDA Labs client has spell checking on it either. Additionally, English may not be the users primary language. Point is we understood what was being communicated. No need to be rude. They were trying to convey a message.

Regardless, this is article: https://www.sammobile.com/2018/11/15/galaxy-s9-android-pie-one-ui-beta-program-live/ and it appears it was copied.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts