• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ZS630KL][WW] FOTA update links (new update 31 May 2021)

Search This thread

enkryptik

Aug 1, 2008
Indianapolis
Here are the steps I followed to upgrade to 11 and keep root access:

- The phone must be on the latest A10 - WW_17.1810.2011.183
- Upgrade to Magisk 21.2 (beta channel) that supports Android 11
- Download WW_18.0610.2011.107 (full firmware) to the top-level folder of the main storage and restart the phone
- The update file is detected upon reboot. Start it and let it run until the end.
- When asked whether to reboot the device, choose"Later" (so skip the immediate reboot).
- Launch Magisk Manager > Install > Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)
- Reboot
Heh thanks. Guess I wasn't on beta version yet. Now to get volte working like it was with android 10... asusvolte still asks if I'm rooted.

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010

- Download WW_18.0610.2011.107 (full firmware) to the top-level folder of the main storage and restart the phone
- The update file is detected upon reboot. Start it and let it run until the end.
- When asked whether to reboot the device, choose"Later" (so skip the immediate reboot).
- Reboot

Very similar to the steps of retaining Magisk through normal full ZIP upgrades. Followed it to a tee (wouldn't have known the need to go to 21.0 -> 21.2 (beta).

Worked without a hitch - thanks!

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
By the 'top-level folder', do you mean the "root" path where there are folders like this:
Code:
path\..
..\Alarms
..\Android
..\data
..\DCIM
..\Download
..\Pictures
..\Playlists
..\Podcast

path\UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-18.0610.2011.107-1.1.1-user.zip

enkryptik

Aug 1, 2008
Indianapolis
Weirdly enough I had to flash both boot_a and boot_b twice to acquire root. Did it twice hoping one of the firmwares released was actually different but they just removed and re-added as tw and ww instead of tw (ww). So yeah, root is now no problem but still no VoLTE. Yikes!

enkryptik

Aug 1, 2008
Indianapolis
Well, followed the guide from homersp here on xda like before except I had to use adb shell to enable diag mode. After that, ran all commands in my win10 VM and was able to get VoLTE and WIFI calling (with correct icon). All is working correctly.

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
Well, followed the guide from homersp here on xda like before except I had to use adb shell to enable diag mode. After that, ran all commands in my win10 VM and was able to get VoLTE and WIFI calling (with correct icon). All is working correctly.
where is this guide ?

hdsporty

Jan 7, 2021
Houston, we have a problem
After upgrading to Andorid 11, without first consulting the manual, now I can't install root, with magisk and fastboot procedure
Does anyone know how to get it?

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
After upgrading to Andorid 11, without first consulting the manual, now I can't install root, with magisk and fastboot procedure
did you not follow this procedure

- Reboot

_jis_

Feb 5, 2012
My phone is getting switch off after this update. Anyone here can help me out of this ??
If you're saying that after the update, the phone is dead, there could have been a motherboard malfunction, and you're going to have to visit the service.
I hope you have a complete backup and that your phone is still under warranty, otherwise it will be an unpleasant experience.

hdsporty

Jan 7, 2021
did you not follow this procedure

Hi metaxda, thanks for your reply

no that's the problem
i update before seeing that manual, as I had done on previous roms, update, extract boot rom on desktop, patch with magisk and install

now, if I try to patch the boot with magisk, the phone won't boot, and I have to go back to the original boot

hdsporty

Jan 7, 2021
Which version of Magisk did you use?

Magisk 20.x is not compatible with Android 11.
I'd try again with Magisk 21.2.

I have tried it with both versions, after reading the procedure
as a curiosity, the original boot is about 90mb. with Android 10 it was cut in half, with magisk 21.2 it stays at the same 90mb

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
I have tried it with both versions, after reading the procedure
as a curiosity, the original boot is about 90mb. with Android 10 it was cut in half, with magisk 21.2 it stays at the same 90mb

You could try installing (or booting) Mauronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0 (I'm not sure whether the new official TWRP 3.5.0 works well with the Z6) and flashing Magisk 21.2 from TWRP.

hdsporty

Jan 7, 2021
You could try installing (or booting) Mauronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0 (I'm not sure whether the new official TWRP 3.5.0 works well with the Z6) and flashing Magisk 21.2 from TWRP.

Thank you for this idea
i make a backup and try it
i can't live without root XD

hdsporty

Jan 7, 2021

Okay
I am doing a summary

Asus has already put the downgrade rom

After downgrading to Andorid 10, upgrading to Android 11 and finally a hard reset, I have been able to install the boot with the magisk root patch

Now it's time to reconfigure everything 😅

Top Liked Posts