• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ZTE Axon ELITE owners club :)

Search This thread

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
Hello, as there is not this device on XDA yet, I hope you guys dont mind if I open this thread here.

Axon Pro and Axon Elite are basically same phones, only different is QHD screen vs FHD in Elite version and maybe colour and LTE bands and maybe only 3GB of RAM for Elite (still plenty). - feel free to correct me, I did not check it anymore.

I have ordered International/UK version from the only place I could find they have them for sale which was Ebay (official way?)

If you also have this version, please reply to this thread so we can share our experiences and founds.

Last edited:

Burnin-Andy

Oct 28, 2011
Remshalden
hey.... nice unboxing video,
now my first 24 hours with this phone....works perfekt for me...
will compare now with my nubia z9 max ....its very hard....;)
the problem is axon has the 800 lte band and the nubia has it not.
is the modem changeable?
hope to get soon more informations about this.
(sorry for my funny English)...:p

Greetings Andy from Germany

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
So, here are my thoughts after two days of use:
Pros:
Screen is brilliant, very sharp and bright, no yellow bottom as some of Axon Pro sold in US. Performance is really good, the system is very smooth no lags when operating. Antutu score around 57000. Gaming is also no problem, last Need for Speed game runs smooth. Like the design have to say and phones`s size. Easy to hold in one hand. Fingerprint sensor works great! It is very quick to unlock so I am happy to use it - with other phones before I did not use the lockscreen at all as it was too slow to unlock then :) . Like the stock rom as it has many features you can find in custom roms only. Not a single app crash or close down. It does not overheat.

800x600_cb6dcd0dd8.png
800x600_27b638f6fe.png
800x600_e0ee1d8881.png
800x600_283b62d043.png

Settings:
800x600_401fbe6afb.png
800x600_f617d1450e.png
800x600_1630ddb07c.png
800x600_2592b4596c.png
800x600_9d11373869.png
800x600_549df7abda.png

Negs:
- After long press on back button to see your recent apps I find it takes long time to load , maybe two seconds. (less time with less apps opened of course)
- Main speaker quality is only average - this is not music phone :) , call speaker quality is worse than average. The sound quality of voice call is below average have to say. The sound is "flat", you still understand what the person saying, but you think you are not talking to a person but to some machine :) There is lack of details like person`s accent or his mood while talking. I never had same experience like this with other phone.

Still to test: Battery, Camera, Hi-Fi music mode, ZTE customer support app

Another findings:
Charging (phone is OFF - when phone is off you can press power button and display shows the % of capacity while keeping phone in OFF state):
from 0 to 60% of capacity takes 60 minutes
from 0 to 80% of capacity takes 80 minutes
from 0 to 93% of capacity takes 100 minutes
from 0 to 100% of capacity takes 110 minutes - with Quick Charge 2.0 I was hoping it`ll be quicker (keep in mind this was first full charging, so maybe it was not as fast as it could be)
This is the screenshot of charging when phone is ON, the original charger is 1500mAh:
800x600_92fe4523f8.png

Phones comes with some third party apps pre-installed, but not so many and they CAN be uninstalled via App Manager. Also there is Avast Antivirus built-in to the rom, but does not update for me. Some junk cleaners and other apps similar to apps in ColorOS. Also there is ZTE app for customer support with live chat :)

Now, about CPU:
I will have to test this further but this should be 8-core CPU (4 slow cores and 4 fast cores) right? Snapdragon 810 has Cortex A-53 and Cortex A-57.
This screenshot says the fast cores (A57) should be clocked to 2 Ghz:
800x600_8125a97072.png

And slow cores (A53) on 1.5Ghz:
800x600_e63ede6f76.png

This screen is showing all 8 cores and their frequencies:
800x600_7c02520f40.png

The problem is while doing Antutu benchmark I NEVER see more than 2 fast cores working. The other two are always offline:
800x600_953ed96b04.png
800x600_a3cd3e9297.png

Compare it to Snapdragon 615 in OPPO R7 Plus while running Antutu benchmark:
800x600_73741e4c59.png

So as a quick resume it seems the kernel never let more than 2 cores from A57 to be working. Hopefuly I am wrong here and will get all 4 cores work somehow.

Last edited:

Burnin-Andy

Oct 28, 2011
Remshalden
Hi...
You are right...only 6 Cores working...
i can confirm this.
i have written this to the german support team...
Not so funny...
Regards
Andy
update:
on my nubia z9 max with snapdragon 810
are allso 2 cores not working (core 7 and 8)
and on the axon it is (core 6 and 7)

Last edited:

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
Hi...
You are right...only 6 Cores working...
i can confirm this.
i have written this to the german support team...
Not so funny...
Regards
Andy
update:
on my nubia z9 max with snapdragon 810
are allso 2 cores not working (core 7 and 8)
and on the axon it is (core 6 and 7)

Hi Andy, thank you for your info. I found it really strange and was not sure if I am doing something wrong. After testing phone for next few days I found sound quality of phone calls is really bad. The sound of people`s voice is really "flat" and it is really nothing as clear voice call. I am not native English speaker and have to say I was having trouble to understand Irish speakers. I switched back to OPPO R7 Plus where voice calls are excellent and having no issues there at all. Also found battery drain is really high for me (I think because the SD810) so I am sending Axon Elite back to seller. No longer want it to be honest. It is great phone spec/value but I`ll be happier with OPPO R7 Plus which is getting CyanogenMod very soon.

PS: tried the "equaliser" called something "Hi-Fi" and second called "Dolby Digital". It just did not work with any music app, not even default one. Only the one "Hi-fi" in the settings worked in its demo mode - it has 4 presets, but neither of these works while playing music. When testing display (with YAMTT app), the screen was able to detect no more than 2 touches (fingers), when touch more than two the fingers screen freeze :)

Last edited:

Crunchiphone

Oct 8, 2015
south France
Bugs Axon elite ?

Hi,
I am the owner of an axon elite
can you confirm ?
for unlock the phone with voice, it's only in English
because, I tried in french "mon nom est Alain " but the french is not recognized and response is "you are not my master"
i repeat this opération in english "my name is Alan " it works fine
you also have this problem with foreign language
or an solution
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
Hi,
I am the owner of an axon elite
can you confirm ?
for unlock the phone with voice, it's only in English
because, I tried in french "mon nom est Alain " but the french is not recognized and response is "you are not my master"
i repeat this opération in english "my name is Alan " it works fine
you also have this problem with foreign language
or an solution
thanks in advance

sorry mate, I sent my Axon Elite back to seller, wasnt happy with it :(

Crazyhat

Aug 22, 2014
Vitoria-Gasteiz
default launcher

Hello mates!
I'm just starting to get familiar with this device and in general, I'm quite satisfied about it. I't is not the best you can find in the market but it's the cheaper, considering its specifications. However, I found serious difficulties to put in alphabetical order the icons included in the default launcher. After trying it for a long time, I couldn't get it so, does anybody know how to do?
Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZTE devices that will get Android 7.0 Nougat

Hot off the release of two well-received smartphones, the Axon 7 and the budget-tier ZMax Pro, ZTE tells Digital Trends it has plans to update the Axon 7 with Nougat “very soon.” It also has a plethora of other devices that should make the jump to the new Android version:

ZTE Axon 7
    ZTE ZMax Pro
    ZTE Axon Elite
    ZTE Axon Pro
    ZTE Axon Max
    ZTE Axon
    ZTE ZMax 2
    ZTE Blade V7
    “ZTE has no official announcement being made for other device updates and timelines,” a spokesperson tells Digital Trends. Most of the aforementioned devices are hard to buy or available only in select markets, and the only relatively-new phones listed on ZTE USA’s website are the Axon 7, the original Axon, Axon Pro, and the ZMax Pro. Still, these devices should receive Nougat considering most are only a little over a year old.

We’ll learn more about the update process for each of these devices soon, and we’ll update this post as soon as we find out.
    Hi All,

Got the ZTE A2016 from Gearbest.com EU warehouse to here in UK a week ago. It was on sale and the total spend was £200. Which I thought was a pretty good deal for the specs on the phone.

The phone is in stock condition and I got the 2 updates immediately one by one and the firmware version now is B04.

I'm quite satisfied with the phone. One of the very few offerings with fingerprint sensor and NFC from China. Very performance, good display, Good camera, OK battery life.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    I have good news. I was able to install Chinese Zte Axon Elite (A2015) Marshmallow rom B09_M to my international version of Axon Elite (A2016) with working radio :) Wifi and mobile data network and calling works. All google apps are working too, Chinese rom has google services installed but those are needed to be activated by allowing them run in a background. There are only Chinese and English languages available.

I did some research by googling and noticed that for ZTE nubia and Xiaomi phones it was possible to flash Chinese rom by replacing radio (NON-HLOS.bin) from international rom into Chinese rom, so I took NON-HLOS.bin from our B06 update.zip and replaced it on B09M update.zip and installed it on TWRP (after taking backup first).

:victory:

I am uploading modified update.zip, if you are interested of trying it. I did some changes to build.prop and removed some Chinese bloatware.
    According this news, we are not going to have any version of Marshmallow at least till summer time... :(
    http://www.android-marshmallow.com/zte-axon-range-will-be-updated-to-marshmallow/
    Nice, looking forward to your review.

So here is unboxing only, have to go away now so more to come later :) I am sorry for video quality as OPPO R7+ totally sucks!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLo1XvVbfc&feature=youtu.be