• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ZTE Axon Mini 7 Firmware

Search This thread

afigienas

Dec 26, 2011
done with the gearbest B2017G, update to 7,1,1 , but I can't go in bootloader mode to root :(

Next time read before doing :) With 7.1 there is no longer bootloader mode. Downgrade to 6. Also you dont need to unlock it, there is no better ROMs for this rom. Official one is best. I tried them, so you can save time and use official one.
ALso root not working well with it. I had root but somehow i couldn't delete system apps.

oyobass

Jan 26, 2018
SpanaGraham
if yours Mini is G version and you live in europe - then yes.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, if so, I can start another.

I recently purchased this phone (B2017G) from Gearbest as well.

It is still on 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

I have been searching for the right update file, starting with the US version, since that is where I live, but no go. The bootloader says
"E footer is wrong
"E:signature verification failed
"E: open file /cache/fota/error_code error erno = 2
'Installation aborted'

Am I right in thinking I need to find the update with the right signature? I have tried US, Austrian and Russian official ZTE updates with no success so far.. Am I on the right track?

US ZTE Support was as helpful as they could be, but were not familiar with the GearBest global variant. They sent me to the global support site, which won't let me use it, since I'm from the US, lol

Any suggestions? I'm going to try the German update from earlier in this thread after I get home tonight, by the way...

priority1

Aug 20, 2011
I just flashed the Nougat 7.1.1 an hour ago from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73257562&postcount=13.
It already looks promising - the phone is very cool after update. Previously the phone is always warm, even in standby. I hope the battery life is a big improvement.

If you intend to flash this zip file, make sure your phone is a European model B2017G. As posted before I got this phone from Gearbest as many others.

samcro94

Aug 16, 2014
PARIS
Hi,
Updated to 7.1.1 by OTA 3 weeks ago when i bought the phone from Amazon.
It seems that we'll get Oréo later...amazing ! thks ZTE !

reticuli

Nov 17, 2017
It is not official that Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) will get Android 8 aka Oreo. ZTE should do the update to Oreo as this is one popular phone still.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Next time read before doing :) With 7.1 there is no longer bootloader mode. Downgrade to 6. Also you dont need to unlock it, there is no better ROMs for this rom. Official one is best. I tried them, so you can save time and use official one.
ALso root not working well with it. I had root but somehow i couldn't delete system apps.

Once you downgraded and rooted can you upgrade back and keep the root?
Root is needed for this phone because it doesn't allow to move ANY app to SD.I sort of recovered the backup of my apps and data with Helium without root, but I need more internal space: with root you can even enable adoptable storage.
If only we can get access bootloader and flash modified boot.bin with magisk...
At the moment I can only use it as backup phone, my everyday phone LG G5 has 7gigs of whatsapp stuff that can only be internal, but most part of the 130+ apps I got are shared in the SD card.
I don't even need TWRP actually, just root to move apps to SD (or a firmware that allows it, since it's a firmware option...ZTE decision) :(

priority1

Aug 20, 2011
Flashing nougat 7.1.1 is the best thing I've done - it basically fixed the battery drain. I had to charge 3 times a day before the update. Last night the battery was only down 3%. This morning I recharged it to 93% before I left for work. At 5pm after a days normal use, it still had 55% left. It's just amazing. I think the update flashed out all the nastiest including the suspicious apps that come with the phone. I have no idea what they are - 99003, 99033, 99035 and more. I suspect they are malware although I cant be sure. They consume battery and keep the phone awake. The phone was warm even in standby.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Flashing nougat 7.1.1 is the best thing I've done - it basically fixed the battery drain. I had to charge 3 times a day before the update. Last night the battery was only down 3%. This morning I recharged it to 93% before I left for work. At 5pm after a days normal use, it still had 55% left. It's just amazing. I think the update flashed out all the nastiest including the suspicious apps that come with the phone. I have no idea what they are - 99003, 99033, 99035 and more. I suspect they are malware although I cant be sure. They consume battery and keep the phone awake. The phone was warm even in standby.

you mean the stock one or a custom 7.1.1 ?

oyobass

Jan 26, 2018
SpanaGraham
Got the 7.1.1 update...

... in a round-about way. Went here http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=6CCC18CC9451416C8A01BED5174B5762#software and it downgraded my phone to a December 2016 security update.
Flashed the Russian 6.0.1, (had to use the bootloader method for both), then was able to run the Spanish update from ZTE, directly from the System updates menu after extracting the 'update.zip' file from the package and placing it in the root of the SD.
Now running 7.1.1 and happy. I can still access AT&T's US network perfectly, so I didn't destroy the usefulness of my new phone as a phone.
I may eventually put a second T-Mobile sim in it if I think I can live without the SD card's storage...
Edit: I am running a GearBest-purchased phone with 'global' firmware, meaning no official updates available. It is possible that I could have tried to use the Spanish 7.1.1 directly, but I didn't try that before taking the route I did. Just happy *something* worked!

Last edited:

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Still no root? Even a firmware where I can patch boot.img with magisk and repack and flash?
I did it with Ulefone S8Pro, but because someone here posted the firmware and it was editable and flashable without getting errors! No TWRP, but who cares, I have adoptable storage and Is essential with those "low" internal memory phones....

oyobass

Jan 26, 2018
SpanaGraham
A ZTE moderator on the official US site has disconfirmed my report of Oreo on Axon 7 Mini:
"sshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409Z › admin
April 2, 2018 5:40PM
No announcements have been made at this time. If a representative has stated this, they have misspoken."
Please disregard my earlier reporting. Although my report was accurate as far as what I had heard, the rep I chatted with was likely mistaken.

Top Liked Posts