ZTE Grand X IN P940

Do you experience any issues with the ZTE Grand X IN?

• Total voters
Search This thread

dlallyn

Oct 28, 2009
Yes...is that a reason? I mean that is somehow that rom locked or something...?

Last edited:

atillaahun

Jul 15, 2011
Hungary
Yes...is that a reason?

Partially, because in the first round our devs only prepared one recovery for a country, but I just noticed recently, that in certain countries the GXI is sold by more than one carrier. So the stock ROMs don't only have region (/country) locks, but carrier locks too. Which means, that a certain stock ROM can only be restored with the stock recovery made from that exact ROM.

So we have to prepare in addition the Romanian Cosmote stock recovery, the Austrian BP, the Slovakian T-Mobile, and Macedonian T-Mobile too. I'll forward the request to our devs.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsunagioshi

dlallyn

Oct 28, 2009
OK....I understand...so do you have in mind an ETA for this? I mean it will be solved in a couple of days or could take weeks, in this case i'll go back to NEXT_ROM...

Thanks and I appreciate your work!

BR,

dlallyn

Oct 28, 2009
That would be great !
Btw...i've seen in a recent post that you are working on CM project for this phone...is it promising?

Thanks!

Reactions: Jackal331

Zarrick19

Mar 15, 2011
Košice
Next v2 succesfully installed on Slovakian Orange Santa Barbara, everything's working well, only the system seems a bit choppy to me. Also I earned lower score in AnTuTu than with my stock B02 Santa Barbara. Can't wait for an update to fix issues like the flashlight, call lag, etc.

atillaahun

Jul 15, 2011
Hungary
Next v2 succesfully installed on Slovakian Orange Santa Barbara, everything's working well, only the system seems a bit choppy to me. Also I earned lower score in AnTuTu than with my stock B02 Santa Barbara. Can't wait for an update to fix issues like the flashlight, call lag, etc.

What AnTuTu scores do you get with stock and custom ROMs?
Btw I wouldn't hope, that they fix the LED and FM problems with the next update, maybe some software issues instead.

cgoran

Nov 4, 2009
16gb microsdhc Kingston card problem

Has anyone experienced the same thing as I am: I bought Kingston 16Gb micro sdhc and am unable to use in Zte Grand X In. I doesn't want to mount.

I have tried to mount/format via recovery - no change
I have tried to format it via GParted in different ways, all in one 16GB fat32 partition; half ext4, half fat32 partition; 1/3 ext4, 2/3 fat32 partition but every time the problem remains.

I have tried with 2gb card and it is working, no problem.

The same 16gb card is working in another phone and in PC without any problem.

Is the problem with the type/brand of card or with the phone?

atillaahun

Jul 15, 2011
Hungary
Has anyone experienced the same thing as I am: I bought Kingston 16Gb micro sdhc and am unable to use in Zte Grand X In. I doesn't want to mount.

I have tried to mount/format via recovery - no change
I have tried to format it via GParted in different ways, all in one 16GB fat32 partition; half ext4, half fat32 partition; 1/3 ext4, 2/3 fat32 partition but every time the problem remains.

I have tried with 2gb card and it is working, no problem.

The same 16gb card is working in another phone and in PC without any problem.

Is the problem with the type/brand of card or with the phone?
I think with Kingstone. Over there in the Hungarian forum we had a couple of reports, saying that this brand doesn't really fit together with ZTE. Couldn't figure out why. Anyway I have a 32 GB Sandisk, and that's working just right, but I think all would except some Kingstones.

cgoran

Nov 4, 2009
I think with Kingstone. Over there in the Hungarian forum we had a couple of reports, saying that this brand doesn't really fit together with ZTE. Couldn't figure out why. Anyway I have a 32 GB Sandisk, and that's working just right, but I think all would except some Kingstones.

Thank you for your help, I'll try with another brand to see if it's ok.

dlallyn

Oct 28, 2009
OP change log
Planning to
  • Preparing additional stock recoveries for Romanian Cosmote, Austrian BP, Slovakian T-Mobile, and Macedonian T-Mobile.
  • Publish a more representative poll, started in the Hungarian community (~120 votes so far)
  • Link stock ROM build.prop files
  • Adding photo and video links made by the GXI
  • Link national ZTE webpages
  • You tell me!

Hello,
Any news for these stock recoveries - especially for Romanian Cosmote?

Thanks!

fanox

Jul 17, 2011
Hello,
is there any ETA for the stock Slovakian T-Mobile recovery? Coz I would like to root my phone and do not want to take the risk of inability to revert it to stock state :)
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Important Notes
    Be aware, that installing any stock ROM, is only possible with a stock recovery on board, or with restoring the stock recovery itself - in case it has been changed. If you return your device to a service point with custom ROM or recovery on, it would void your warranty.
    Also note, that we take no responsibility at all for any data loss, or damage you may cause to your device. Any modifications shall be carried out on your own responsibility!
    The modified software will not unlock your phone. And we don't know about any unofficial unlocking methods either. However if you do, don't hesitate to share. ;)

Useful tips for installing
    • Read through the current steps before actually start a method, and apply the steps precisely
    • Plug the phone directly to the computer, don't use any extension cables, adapters, hubs, etc ...
    • It's important that you use the rear USB plugs of the PC, instead of the front ones (doesn't matter in case of notebooks)
    • If you're not sure about the drivers, (re)install them. If the computer still doesn't detect the phone, then turn it off while it's connected to the computer, then press the (phone) power button shortly. The PC should find the phone after this, and install it (could be a solution especially for XP)
    • Try another USB cable, or if you have the chance, test it with another computer
    • Between unsuccessfull attempts, you can also consider rebooting the computer
    Next v2 custom ROM with CWM recovery
    Installing CWM recovery (beta)
    1. Install the official ZTE drivers, if you haven't done it already.
    2. Download this CWM package to your computer, and check it with MD5 Checksum Verifier for MD5: d69833693794242e78d990eec33cdb66, then extract it.
    3. Go to the phone Settings > Development Settings > USB debugging > check it.
    4. Plug the phone to the computer via USB.
    5. Start the extracted recovery.exe file, and wait a bit. The process has finished if you see the press any key to continue ... message.
    6. Press any key to close the application, unplug the device from the PC, and you're done.
    The recovery is available by pressing the POWER + VOLUME DOWN buttons, from a phone-off state.
    There are some custom roms, where you can get to the recovery from the power menu too.
    You can step in recovery with the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and use the power button for ok/enter.

Installing Next v2 custom ROM
    All user applications (installed subsequently), settings, contacts, sms', etc ... will be deleted by installing the software, thus everybody should make a backup.
    1. Download the Next v2 custom ROM, to your computer and check it for MD5: 09f15186c9fe031dd1f9572d682e14f5.
    2. Copy the downloaded ROM_NeXt_v2.zip file (without extracting it), to the root of an SD card.
    3. Put the SD card in your phone, while it's turned off.
    4. Press and hold the POWER + VOLUME DOWN buttons, until the Intel logo shows up.
    5. After the logo appeared, release the buttons, and wait until the recovery loads.
    6. Choose the install zip from sdcard > choose zip from external sdcard option, and browse the ROM_NeXt_v2.zip file.
    7. After the successfull installation, choose reboot system now.
    Change log
    • This software is a reworked version of the stock Hungarian T-Mobile software; GXI_THUV1.0.0B04
    • New kernel from the Macedonian software; GXI_V1.0.0B02
    • Deodexed stock ROM
    • Root
    • Su binary changed
    • Mp4 video recording format instead of 3gp
    • New option added to Settings > Launcher
    • New option added to Settings > USB connections
    • New option added to Settings > Timezones > Budapest
    • Stock option deleted from Settings > USB connections > MTP mode
    • Applications removed
    • Applications added
    • Google apps updated
    • Google Talk integrated
    • Launcher replaced and modded
    • Stock browser opens google.hu instead of origo.hu
    • Gallery replaced with Google gallery; Picasa synchronization
    • Face unlock
    • Battery icon in percentage
    • Extended power menu; Reboot, and Recovery added
    • Mi-favor lock screen replaced with the stock one
    • Modded lock screen
    • Live wallpaper support
    • Power widget buttons in new order
    • Modded notification bar from Jelly Bean
    • Reworked ZTE weather widget
    • Center clock mod & days show up with whole names
    • Applications default background color changed to black
    • Default background changed, and added to backgrounds
    • New backgrounds integrated
    • LatinIME keyboard by default
    • USB debugging turned off by default
    • WiFi hotspot turned off by default
    Root for stock ROMs
    There is no seperate unroot method, if you would like to return your phone to its original state, you shall install your stock ROM below.
    2. Download this Root package to your computer, and check it with MD5 Checksum Verifier for MD5: 90627b2f5d68ae599b0d996aab1c97d5, then extract it.
    5. Start the extracted GXI_root_NGT.exe file, and wait a bit. The process has finished if you see the press any key to continue ... message.
    6. Press any key to close the application, unplug the device from the PC, and you're done.
    Restore stock ROMs with stock recoveries
    Installing stock recovery
    2. Download the stock recovery package to your computer and extract it.
      • Austrian | Telering | GXI_TTRV1.0.0B04
      • Austrian | BP | GXI_ATBPV1.0.0B01
      • Greek | T-Mobile | GXI_TGRV1.0.0B04
      • Hungarian | T-Mobile | GXI_THUV1.0.0B04
      • Macedonian | ONE | GXI_V1.0.0B02
      • Macedonian | T-Mobile | GXI_TMKV1.0.0B04
      • Moldovan | Orange | GXI_OMDV1.0.0B01
      • Polish | T-Mobile | GXI_TPLV1.0.0B04
      • Romanian | RDS | GXI_V1.0.0B02
      • Romanian | Cosmote | GXI_TROV1.0.0B01
      • Serbian | MTS | GXI_V1.0.0B02
      • Slovakian | Orange | GXI_OSKV1.0.0B02
      • Slovakian | T-Mobile | GXI_TSKV1.0.0B02
    5. Start the extracted recovery.exe file, and wait a bit. The process has finished if you see the press any key to continue ... message.
    Installing stock ROM from ZTE
    1. Download your stock ROM, extract the update.zip, and copy it to the root (!) of your SD card.
    2. Go to the Settings > About phone > System updates > Storage card updates > OK. When it's done, the phone reboots with the stock ROM on board.
    Now you can return your device to the service, if it's necessary.:good:
    If any new official update comes out, let me know!

The descriptions, recoveries, and ROMS are the work of kelzsoca & Keeperv85 & apeelme. All credit goes for them.
    If you find their development and contribution useful, encourage them and press the :good:THANKS button!​
    OP change log

OP change log
    • 2013-02-15: Romanian Cosmote stock recovery added.
    • 2013-02-15: Macedonian T-Mobile stock recovery added.
    • 2013-02-15: Download links switched back from XDA to Dropbox
    • 2013-02-09: Macedonian T-Mobile stock ROM added.
    • 2013-02-09: Romanian Cosmote stock ROM added.
    • 2013-02-09: Slovakian T-Mobile stock ROM added.
    • 2013-02-09: Austrian BP stock ROM added.
    • 2013-02-04: Thread moved from dev section to General (thanks to kinfauns), so now anybody can post here, without limitations.
    • 2013-01-27: The poll is back. Sorry for your votes. There was a misunderstanding about deleting the first one. This'll probably stick. :)
    • 2013-01-26: Serbian recovery added
    • 2013-01-26: Wrong Macedonian recovery fixed
    • 2013-01-26: Recovery links changed from Dropbox to XDA attachments, so that we can monitor downloads (views)
    • 2013-01-26: Stock ROM source pages added from ZTE
    • 2013-01-26: ZTE Drivers updated to Moldovan 2012-12-13
    • 2013-01-26: Thread name changed to ZTE Grand X IN P940
    • 2013-01-22: Serbian stock ROM and language added
    • 2013-01-22: Polish stock ROM updated to 2013-01-18
    Planning to
    • Preparing additional stock recoveries for Austrian BP and Slovakian T-Mobile.
    • Publish a more representative poll, started in the Hungarian community (~120 votes so far)
    • Link stock ROM build.prop files
    • Adding photo and video links made by the GXI
    • Link national ZTE webpages
    • You tell me!
    Working great with Orange Santa Barbara's stock B02 ROM!
    Only for devs!!

Pre-alpha kernel is ready for Zte Grand X In.
    Other Devs are welcome to contribute in this project.
    TODO is in the source.
    NO ETA, and please don't try if you're a standard user!

https://github.com/kamarush/ZTE_GXIn_Kernel-3.0.8

cheers
    kamarush
    I want romanian stock recovery version: GXI_V1.0.0B01 Because my phone is that version how ever I bought this phone in Finland. But I'm assuming that is same stock recovery.

I need because my phone is freezing/booting. I was going to return this phone back to where I bought it.

Okay, since the Slovakian recovery is already done, and comes together with the Hungarian, Polish, and Macedonian ones to the OP tonight, the next will be the Romanian recovery, likely in the following few days.