• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ZTE N817 - Cannot root ?

Search This thread

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
Just received a ZTE N817 ( ZTE Quest ) running KitKat 4.4.4 . I have tried most rooting methods, with no success.

Framaroot, Kingroot, iroot, 360 root, root genius and a few others, with no luck :rolleyes: I've rooted dozens of phones with little to no problems...But this one is being tricky.

Has anyone successfully rooted their ZTE Quest ( ZTE N817 ) running 4.4.4

Reactions: highhacker
Success

I was able to root my ZTE n817 today using the PC version of iroot v 1.8.8.

Just received a ZTE N817 ( ZTE Quest ) running KitKat 4.4.4 . I have tried most rooting methods, with no success.

Framaroot, Kingroot, iroot, 360 root, root genius and a few others, with no luck :rolleyes: I've rooted dozens of phones with little to no problems...But this one is being tricky.

kimobobo

Sep 20, 2016

Sent from my Light Tab 2 using XDA Free mobile app

stillon

Sep 16, 2016

Have you tried Eroot? For me it was the only software that worked (Android 4.x)

minipower50

Sep 11, 2010

I was able to finally root my ZTE Quest N817 with Kingo Root. I wouldn't root from the normal booted Homescreen.

I F'ed with a few different ways and Modes. Normal boot - FTM mode and Bootloader mode

But I member it finally rooting successfully, I ended up being in FTM mode. When I rebooted the phone. Kingo Roots Superuser popped up and asked me if I wanted to allow permission.

Reactions: whodisname

keeptruthfree

Feb 15, 2014
this works!!! - weird mode you reboot into and it's weak

This is not mine,I just searched found,and try a LOT of things. But this is the onlything that worked....

Thanks fcknstar!:good:

Originally Posted by fcknstar

Step 1: DOWNLOAD

ADB Drivers - http://adbdriver.com/

ADB Shell (guide and download) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48915118

kingo root - https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Step 2: Command Prompt with ADB

run the CMD with admistrator privileges and use the following commands -

adb devices

[hit enter]

adb reboot disemmcwp

[Your device will now reboot with some extra write permissions]

install and run KINGO ROOT! (Yes, it's kingO root, not King) on your pc.

SHAABAAMMMM!!!!

Now we need a custom recovery for it!

PS: o/! Dont try link2sd , because it #$&*#&(*@^*$ your apks, and you can't find it in the 2nd partition.

this boots the phone into a weakened state
and then you can root it! I'm so excited!!!

sloWmotion01

Apr 13, 2016
FOLSOM
FINALLY SUCCESS! AGAIN for the ZTE WELLINGTON n817

The wellington is a tough one.
I just got success again after 4 months.
originally I used iroot and achieved success. It lasted for about 30 min. until I accidentally deleted the rommastersu app. I didnt want it but didnt know I would loose root by deleting it.

This time I did the adb reboot disemmcwp then ran the OLDER VERSION OF KINGO ROOT. The newer versions didnt work for me.
The version I used wAS................. Kingo Android Root Version: 1.4.9 and only download from kingoapp.com the rest of the other places apps were loaded with add-on garabage that you cant opt out of.

Mountain Mike

Mar 3, 2017
Agoura Hills

CrazzyGamma

Mar 30, 2017
Fully Rooting the ZTE N817

1. run kingoroot ( pc )

2. start the root process

3. as soon as it finishes rooting run the bat file located in [ SubHumans [ SU ] and BusyBox Pusher ] folder

4. it will reboot then restart your phone

5. your phone should now be fully rooted

the zip file [ KingoRoot + Bat File + Read Me Included in Zip ]

private message me to get the download link knowing i cant post outside links knowing i'm a new user

Reactions: whodisname

highhacker

yes i rooted mine . ZTE quest r81t with kingoroot for pc

Has anyone successfully rooted their ZTE Quest ( ZTE N817 ) running 4.4.4[/QUOTE
yes i tried all the suggestions and finely got it with KINGOROOT for PC. it too twice the first time it failed the second it rooted. i used windows 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this works!!! - weird mode you reboot into and it's weak

This is not mine,I just searched found,and try a LOT of things. But this is the onlything that worked....

Thanks fcknstar!:good:

Originally Posted by fcknstar

Step 1: DOWNLOAD

ADB Drivers - http://adbdriver.com/

ADB Shell (guide and download) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48915118

kingo root - https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Step 2: Command Prompt with ADB

run the CMD with admistrator privileges and use the following commands -

adb devices

[hit enter]

adb reboot disemmcwp

[Your device will now reboot with some extra write permissions]

install and run KINGO ROOT! (Yes, it's kingO root, not King) on your pc.

SHAABAAMMMM!!!!

Now we need a custom recovery for it!

PS: o/! Dont try link2sd , because it #$&*#&(*@^*$ your apks, and you can't find it in the 2nd partition.

this boots the phone into a weakened state
    and then you can root it! I'm so excited!!!
    Holy crap, that worked!!

Thank you, @fcknstar!
    You are welcome guys!

Hu3hueBR ?

I was able to finally root my ZTE Quest N817 with Kingo Root. I wouldn't root from the normal booted Homescreen.

I F'ed with a few different ways and Modes. Normal boot - FTM mode and Bootloader mode

But I member it finally rooting successfully, I ended up being in FTM mode. When I rebooted the phone. Kingo Roots Superuser popped up and asked me if I wanted to allow permission.