• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini (NX507J) - ROM Collection

qualin

Mar 9, 2008
Gdansk
On FIUI camera is not working. There is stock camera that shows information to pit sdcard in to phone, even when the sdcard is loaded. There is nubia camera too, but it make FC :/
MIUI from official site is single SIM only :(
CM12 have problems with settings od SIM cards. IF u want go into sim2 settigs then proces com.android.phone crashes :/

Last edited:

simrim1

Jan 23, 2007
Well, I think it varies person to person and what they are using their phone for. I am using Mokee RC6 and it is almost working perfect. I want the phone to ask me every time which sim to use for call. I have multiple phone numbers under one contact and I don't want to use same sim for every phone number under one contact.

Furthermore my usage of phone is purely for communication through regular networks and through internet. I also use Internet related tasks too much like audio and video streaming. I don't play games neither I install too many apps. With a more than moderate usage it gives two days on battery with one full charge.

So it depends your personal preference and what you use your phone for. I'm happy with RC6 and waiting for a nice flavour of lollipop.

Sent from my NX507J using XDA Free mobile app

mightymaki

Apr 24, 2013
Sydney
Well, I think it varies person to person and what they are using their phone for. I am using Mokee RC6 and it is almost working perfect. I want the phone to ask me every time which sim to use for call. I have multiple phone numbers under one contact and I don't want to use same sim for every phone number under one contact.

Furthermore my usage of phone is purely for communication through regular networks and through internet. I also use Internet related tasks too much like audio and video streaming. I don't play games neither I install too many apps. With a more than moderate usage it gives two days on battery with one full charge.

So it depends your personal preference and what you use your phone for. I'm happy with RC6 and waiting for a nice flavour of lollipop.

Similar thoughts to my own. I've tried several but have always gone back to Mokee RC6. Overall it does & has everything I need based on how I use my phone. The Z7 mini is an awesome phone regardless of which rom one may be using

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
There is also CM11, I'm using it, it should be like Mokee but missing some personalization and more stable.
That's what I read, I can't compare because I didn't try Mokee.
So far the only problem I noticed is that I didn't find a way to merge contacts like on my old phone, but I didn't use this phone much yet.

robberburn

Dec 18, 2010
@simrim1
I use the app "dualsim selector" with mokee RC4. This does exactly what You want.
RC6 works great for me, expect the not working BTconnection in my Car. Therefore back to RC4

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

qualin

Mar 9, 2008
Gdansk
I've working camera on FIUI. internal sdcard0 must be on fat32. nubia camera still not working. there is a problem in dual sim. in sim2 settings in network type always is gsm, even if u choose lte or wcdma it always go on gsm mode :/

ankjain

Dec 12, 2007
Jaipur
www.gsmarena.com
which camera app work in CM12

Have you tried the FIUI rom yet? I notice you've gone back to 1.76. Does that mean the FIUI has too many bugs as well? I've tried a few different roms & keep returning to Mokee RC6 but I am interested in this if anyone else has more information?
bro

can you tell me which camera app you used that worked well because i sorted all other bugs .

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I tried once again to set CM 12 .
- I installed another camera apk. ; after a wipe ( cache+dalvik ) it works well.
- Bad news came from phone + data parts . Even first time all G's can be set properly after few calls the settings vanished and the networks has to be set again . And again . After every reboot a message ( something as " instable system " ) is shown but it can be ignored ( I'm feel luckily ) .
Back to stock 1.76.
If you didn't notice there is a new FIUI ( 20.12) available by DavidKing . It's multilanguage ( a good translation) and stable. It can be found on YDSS and Anji .
sorry for reposting but bro can you tell me which camera app worked in CM12 because i sorted all other little bugs of CM12 .
regards
ankjain

eLcTrOn

May 10, 2012
Alexandria
New Firmware 1.76

Name: nubia downloadZ7 mini SD card brush package version V1.76
Published: 2014-12-26
Description: MD5: EF8A7F8C7DFBCBA7A3779B597C23918B Password: kbyu
V1.76 update:
solve single card two outgoing calls automatically hang directly probabilistic problem
solving Incoming or outgoing calls, outbound Unicom card phenomenon occurs off the network problem
is half solved call interface wallpaper Problem on the right half of the screen dial interface
to resolve cross-screen video player slide format video files and more menus harem loss problem
solving picture gallery set wallpaper after restart the terminal, the idle screen wallpaper stretching problem
solving moving pictures to Favorites file When the problem of lost folders pictures
wallpapers custom effects options
to solve the problem A light and color card balance shot under D65 light cast
resolved after closing the manual focus function, press the focus frame after the zoom lock problem
solving my files Click on the question of error after a second selection menu does not update
the computer to solve the phone sd card pull dragged APK SD card storage unavailable emperor problem
solving first emperor hot unplug the external SD card storage unavailable problem
solving status bar opening and closing, the status bar color is not refreshed, the number of rows in error problem
solving Niu Dun switch after exiting the screen will automatically start the problem
firmware optimized content including but not limited to the items listed above. The majority of users are very welcome questions and suggestions put forward by the appropriate content we will continue to optimize our improvement in subsequent versions depending on the circumstances.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3h6bEt
Password: kbyu

Reactions: dziello and can_52

can_52

Nov 1, 2014
Stock ROM feedback - UK

I have tried stock ROMs v 1.42, 1.62, and 1.72. Of the three, v 1.42 is the only one where I could get a 4g LTE connection going. Here is a quick summary:

v 1.42: 4g LTE OK, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless good connection range, on waking the phone the wireless ocassionally fails to automatically reconnect

v 1.62: No 4g LTE, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless connection is flaky after about 7-8 metres, on waking the phone the wireless mostly fails to automatically reconnect.

v 1.72: No 4g LTE, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless connection is poor (base station not detected at 7-8 metres), on waking the phone the wireless on occassion fails to reconnect.

In summary, I have not tried v 1.76, but for the stock ROMs v 1.42 seems the way to go because this is the only one that appears to support 4g LTE and good wireless connections.

Best

DreamDreams

May 22, 2012
I have tried stock ROMs v 1.42, 1.62, and 1.72. Of the three, v 1.42 is the only one where I could get a 4g LTE connection going. Here is a quick summary:

v 1.42: 4g LTE OK, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless good connection range, on waking the phone the wireless ocassionally fails to automatically reconnect

v 1.62: No 4g LTE, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless connection is flaky after about 7-8 metres, on waking the phone the wireless mostly fails to automatically reconnect.

v 1.72: No 4g LTE, 802.11ac (5GHz) wireless connection is poor (base station not detected at 7-8 metres), on waking the phone the wireless on occassion fails to reconnect.

In summary, I have not tried v 1.76, but for the stock ROMs v 1.42 seems the way to go because this is the only one that appears to support 4g LTE and good wireless connections.

Best
I thought it doesn't support 5g 802.11act, I'm using 1.72 baseband plus cm11, never saw my ac router.

BTW, 4G LTE (with China mobile TDD network) works fine.

Maybe you can try the new 1.76

Cissiboy

Feb 23, 2011
Singapore
www.lorenzozanirato.net

Best
i believe you can install baseband from 1.42 and test the results

can_52

Nov 1, 2014
I thought it doesn't support 5g 802.11act, I'm using 1.72 baseband plus cm11, never saw my ac router.

BTW, 4G LTE (with China mobile TDD network) works fine.

Maybe you can try the new 1.76
Hi, with v 1.42, I can see the (a/n/ac) router and on the phone, and the link speed is listed as 433Mbps. I will probably try v 1.76 at some point - but my guess is that whatever bug is killing off the 4g LTE in the UK (LTE-FDD) will still be present. Still the phone is great and I am glad that I have 4g with v 1.42.

Cheers.

jamieboy2014

Oct 9, 2014
Hi, with v 1.42, I can see the (a/n/ac) router and on the phone, and the link speed is listed as 433Mbps. I will probably try v 1.76 at some point - but my guess is that whatever bug is killing off the 4g LTE in the UK (LTE-FDD) will still be present. Still the phone is great and I am glad that I have 4g with v 1.42.

Cheers.
I think most stock roms after 1.42 you cant set 4g within the normal network settings. I had to use the hidden menu by, *#*#4636#*#* in the dialler and then set network mode to LTE/WCDMA. 4G then worked fine for me, I'm 3 UK. This also applied to 1.76 I think.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Hi guys

I really like cm11 for our z7 mini but it was annoying me that gaming and benchmark performance was inferior to the stock roms. For instance quadrant on stock i scored around 17000 compared to 8000 on cm11. I couldnt figure out why there was such a difference in performance. After a little digging i came across some posts that suggested the dalvik run time may not be optimised properly in the cm11/mokee roms. I tried flashing some of the dalviks in the first post here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56038135&postcount=2918

I discovered the only working one is the oneplusone dalvik, all the others the phone will not boot. It has boosted my quadrant score to around 18000. Antutu is around 34000. Games all seem to run perfectly smooth as well now, tried real racing 3 and goat sim.

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2012
gelderland
Nice find about the Dalvik, its true stock beats CM/Mokee on that. Will try and see if it helps.
Actually waiting for an update of Mokee so I can switch back again, I like it more then the CM rom.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone