• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Zuk Z1 Toolkit 0.5.2 BETA [WIN][MAC] [LIN]

Search This thread

javirenart

Mar 21, 2014
This toolkit was initially created for OnePlus One by @Consistant and I have made a port for Zuk Z1.

I am not responsible for any damage this toolkit may cause to your phone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS?
- Unlock and lock bootloader
- Root
- Flash TWRP and Stock recovery
- Install and uninstall Xposed (You must install this before installing xposed)
- Download and flash 38J CM12.1
- Do some adb and fastboot commands (booting into custom recovery, sideload a zip file, reflash to stock with a downloaded image, check bootloader status...)
- Install ADB and fastboot (just for mac)

MAC INSTRUCTIONS

- Download Mac version of the toolkit in downloads section and unzip it.
- Open Terminal
- Write 'sh ' (without commas) and drag start.sh into the terminal. It should be something like this: sh /Users/Javi/Desktop/Zuk Z1 Toolkit/start.sh
- Now you should see this
- Read very carefully everything the toolkit says to you. It is very important or things won't work.

WINDOWS INSTRUCTIONS

- This toolkit was made to work with Mac. In order to use it on Windows you will have to download Cygwin.
- You will need usb drivers in order to use adb. If those didn't work try to use Samsung's. I've tried both of them on Windows 10 and can't make them work with adb.
- You will also need adb and fastboot which you can quickly install here
- Download Windows' version of the toolkit on download section and unzip it.

- When you have done every step, open Cygwin terminal.
- Write 'sh ' and drag start.sh to the terminal.
- Press enter and you will have the toolkit working.
- Read very carefully everything the toolkit says to you. It is very important or things won't work.

LINUX INSTRUCTIONS

Try the MAC instructions. If they don't work for you, try using 'bash' instead of 'sh'

What is working?

Everything should work.

DOWNLOADS
Please give me feedback on the updates and tell me if something is not working. I can't test everything.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=42498

CHANGELOG

0.2 alpha
- Option 6-10 should now work.
- Everything should be in English now.
0.3 alpha
- Option 4 should now work.
- You can now flash Stock Recovery too.
0.4 alpha
- Added options to install and uninstall Xposed - (You must install this before installing xposed)
- Rooting without a custom recovery now works
- Useless code removed
0.4.1 alpha
- Solved a small bug with unlocking the bootloader
0.4.2 alpha
- Removed 'sudo' for windows commands (there is no sudo in windows)
0.4.3 alpha
- Updated Breadcrust's TWRP to V1.3
0.4.4 alpha
- Added CWM Touch by Ghost45
0.5 beta
- Changed status to beta. About 90% of the toolkit options have been tested and work properly. I don't plan adding further features for now, just polishing the code.
- Solved an issue with fastboot when flashing recoveries for both Mac and Windows
0.5.1 beta
- Updated Breadcrust's TWRP to V2 (I highly recommend you update to V2)
- Some small bugs solved
0.5.2 beta
Changed to JoaoPaulo's TWRP as it has much better performance overall. Update is recommended.
0.5.3 beta
Solved a small issue with reflashing your zuk to stock in Windows.
0.5.4 beta
Solved issue when unlocking and locking bootloader manually in Windows.

REQUESTS

Post your requests and I will try to include it on future updates.

----------------------------

I abandon the project as I have sold my device. If anyone wants to continue with it he is free to get the code and modify it.

This port would have been imposible without the work of @Consistant which did 90% of the work you see here. I should also thank @Breadcrust which developed a working TWRP and @ghost45 which developed a working CWM. Thank you very much.

XDA:DevDB Information
Zuk Z1 Toolkit [WIN][MAC], Tool/Utility for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
javirenart, Consistant, Breadcrust, Ghost45

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.5

Created 2015-10-29
Last Updated 2016-04-04

Last edited:

jmazzamj

Nov 19, 2013
Thank you for this.

I have a question: Why aren't fastboot commands working on the Mac, yet?

You just need to replace "fastboot flash partitionname filename.img" with "./fastboot-mac (or whatever its name is) flash partitionname filename.img"

If you need any help translating Spanish into English or viceversa just let me know, I speak both very well.

Thank you

Edit: Any chance to see ROM ports any time soon?
I wonder what Cyanogenmod is waiting for...

Last edited:

javirenart

Mar 21, 2014
Thank you for this.

I have a question: Why aren't fastboot commands not working on the Mac, yet?

You just need to replace "fastboot flash partitionname filename.img" with "./fastboot-mac (or whatever its name is) flash partitionname filename.img"

If you need any help translating Spanish into English or viceversa just let me know, I speak both very well.

Thank you

Edit: Any chance to see ROM ports any time soon?
I wonder what Cyanogenmod is waiting for...
Yes yes I know, i just didn't have enough time to add it haha. Thanks anywhay.

On htcmania a guy said tomorrow cm would release the first nightly.. I don't know if it's true

Enviado desde mi Z1 mediante Tapatalk

jmazzamj

Nov 19, 2013
Yes yes I know, i just didn't have enough time to add it haha. Thanks anywhay.

On htcmania a guy said tomorrow cm would release the first nightly.. I don't know if it's true

You are very welcome!!

Pressing option 1 reads "Your OnePlus One will be wiped" ;)

Espero realmente salga CM mañana, a ver si empiezan a salir ROMs para el Z1...

Saludos

jmazzamj

Nov 19, 2013
I wonder WHEN ARE ROMS COMING?!?!?!?!?!?!

PLEASE COMMUNITY, START PORTING FOR THIS DEVICE!!!

I wonder why the OnePlus One received so much love from the very beginning while this isn't...

Reactions: deejaycarras

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh

I wonder why the OnePlus One received so much love from the very beginning while this isn't...

You are part of this community right?!?!?! So move your ass and start modding by yourself!
If you don't know how to, then shut up. Don't get me wrong, no offence, I'm also keeping my mouth shut because I dunno how to do it.

This is a favor people do for free, so you can't ask for it!

As for the oneplus, they aggressively overhyped their devices and people were dying to get a phone (Duh! I was a stupid one of them).
Zuk is a respectable company and they didn't do any invite or overhyping bull****.

Reactions: zerosum0

javirenart

Mar 21, 2014
You are part of this community right?!?!?! So move your ass and start modding by yourself!
If you don't know how to, then shut up. Don't get me wrong, no offence, I'm also keeping my mouth shut because I dunno how to do it.

This is a favor people do for free, so you can't ask for it!

As for the oneplus, they aggressively overhyped their devices and people were dying to get a phone (Duh! I was a stupid one of them).
Zuk is a respectable company and they didn't do any invite or overhyping bull****.

They haven't started because nightlies are not available yet. So they don't have the sources to work with. When nightlies are out they will start modding

javirenart

Mar 21, 2014
@javirenart

I have download your new upgraded tools, but i see only one recovery Cwm....why?
the recoveries Cwm are two one touch and one non touch.
:good:
I thought the only difference between them was that one you could touch and the other you had to move with physical buttons.. So I only added one because the toolkit is getting bigger and bigger. If there more differences between them i will add it on the next update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This toolkit was initially created for OnePlus One by @Consistant and I have made a port for Zuk Z1.

I am not responsible for any damage this toolkit may cause to your phone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS?
    - Unlock and lock bootloader
    - Root
    - Flash TWRP and Stock recovery
    - Install and uninstall Xposed (You must install this before installing xposed)
    - Download and flash 38J CM12.1
    - Do some adb and fastboot commands (booting into custom recovery, sideload a zip file, reflash to stock with a downloaded image, check bootloader status...)
    - Install ADB and fastboot (just for mac)

MAC INSTRUCTIONS

- Download Mac version of the toolkit in downloads section and unzip it.
    - Open Terminal
    - Write 'sh ' (without commas) and drag start.sh into the terminal. It should be something like this: sh /Users/Javi/Desktop/Zuk Z1 Toolkit/start.sh
    - Now you should see this

WINDOWS INSTRUCTIONS

- This toolkit was made to work with Mac. In order to use it on Windows you will have to download Cygwin.
    - You will need usb drivers in order to use adb. If those didn't work try to use Samsung's. I've tried both of them on Windows 10 and can't make them work with adb.
    - You will also need adb and fastboot which you can quickly install here
    - Download Windows' version of the toolkit on download section and unzip it.

- When you have done every step, open Cygwin terminal.
    - Write 'sh ' and drag start.sh to the terminal.
    - Press enter and you will have the toolkit working.

LINUX INSTRUCTIONS

Try the MAC instructions. If they don't work for you, try using 'bash' instead of 'sh'

What is working?

Everything should work.

DOWNLOADS
    Please give me feedback on the updates and tell me if something is not working. I can't test everything.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=42498

CHANGELOG

0.2 alpha
    - Option 6-10 should now work.
    - Everything should be in English now.
    0.3 alpha
    - Option 4 should now work.
    - You can now flash Stock Recovery too.
    0.4 alpha
    - Added options to install and uninstall Xposed - (You must install this before installing xposed)
    - Rooting without a custom recovery now works
    - Useless code removed
    0.4.1 alpha
    - Solved a small bug with unlocking the bootloader
    0.4.2 alpha
    - Removed 'sudo' for windows commands (there is no sudo in windows)
    0.4.3 alpha
    - Updated Breadcrust's TWRP to V1.3
    0.4.4 alpha
    - Added CWM Touch by Ghost45
    0.5 beta
    - Changed status to beta. About 90% of the toolkit options have been tested and work properly. I don't plan adding further features for now, just polishing the code.
    - Solved an issue with fastboot when flashing recoveries for both Mac and Windows
    0.5.1 beta
    - Updated Breadcrust's TWRP to V2 (I highly recommend you update to V2)
    - Some small bugs solved
    0.5.2 beta
    Changed to JoaoPaulo's TWRP as it has much better performance overall. Update is recommended.
    0.5.3 beta
    Solved a small issue with reflashing your zuk to stock in Windows.
    0.5.4 beta
    Solved issue when unlocking and locking bootloader manually in Windows.

REQUESTS

Post your requests and I will try to include it on future updates.

----------------------------

I abandon the project as I have sold my device. If anyone wants to continue with it he is free to get the code and modify it.

This port would have been imposible without the work of @Consistant which did 90% of the work you see here. I should also thank @Breadcrust which developed a working TWRP and @ghost45 which developed a working CWM. Thank you very much.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Zuk Z1 Toolkit [WIN][MAC], Tool/Utility for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
    javirenart, Consistant, Breadcrust, Ghost45

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.5

Created 2015-10-29
    Last Updated 2016-04-04
    Oh ammmm thinking...

I am running cyanogen now :D
    Thanks for your help though.
    So has this tool kit worked out well for everyone, any pitfalls? I do not see any one complaining of a problem?
    Nearly everything has been tried and has given no problems. Nobody has tried yet installing latest COS which I'm not sure if it deletes users data nor if it works as expected.

TWRP Bulletins:

V 1.3 of TWRP for ZUK Z1 has been released.
    Thx for the suggestion, but flashing manually through twrp gives the same signature error.

Which version of twrp do you have? The one that the toolkit has?