ZWNAV sent me new PX6 Software/Firmware for my Tesla Style Ford F150

Search This thread

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
Hi All,

ZWNAV sent me new PX6 Software/Firmware for my Tesla Style Ford F150 LO Radio.
I am starting this new post to show what is going on with the Volume Mute / Bug. For those that don't know there is a Bluetooth bug that can cause the radio to lock up in Muted Mode. The radio will no longer work, you have no volume control, the Bluetooth will still connect to your phone and make calls at a very low volume. From what I read online the only way to fix this is to reinstall the Firmware.
This is the zip file they sent me.

PX6-9.png

PX6-9-Zip.png

My ZWNAV PX6unit is for a 2013 Ford F-150 with Manual AC Controls. You can see the volume is muted in the pictures.

PX6 InstallSmall.png

PX6 Info Small.jpg

To Reinstall the Firmware I used a USB 2.0 2GB Flash Drive. I Formatted the drive to FAT32 using a Windows 10 PC. I then put the whole PX6 Android 9 Zip folder onto the Flash Drive. I went to the truck and let the radio boot up. I inserted the Flash Drive into the OTG USB Cable. The USB icon lit up at the top of the screen. It took what seemed like to long, and then it came up on the screen that it found Firmware and press install to continue. I did and the next screen said it was checking the Firmware package and do not remove the drive..

FirmwareUpdateSmall (2).jpg

Next the screen said Installing System update.

FirmwareUpdateSmall (1).jpg

Next the screen came up in what looked like recovery mode on other PX6 Units. Of course that photo is corrupted and won't open. At the top were choices you could make like reboot and many other things. It said you could access these choices using the Volume and Power Buttons. But this unit has no power button and volume knob did not let you select anything. Then at the bottom of the screen it said that the firmware had installed and to remove the Drive. I did and the radio rebooted. The first thing I noticed was that it started to boot in horizontal mode instead of vertical and the android logo was much smaller. Then for a fraction of a second I saw the normal PX6 screen come up very tiny in horizontal mode filling the left half of the screen horizontally. Then the screen went black and that was it. I think they gave me the wrong firmware for my unit. I think they gave me firmware for a unit that is not 1600X1200 Resolution. The unit screen is still very dimly lit up but it does nothing and nothing can be accessed.. At this point I would say it's bricked unless I can get the correct firmware. I have messaged ZWNAV, but no response yet.. If anyone knows how to proceed feel free to chime in.

BlankSmall.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get this unit up and running again... Please give me some clues...

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
The px6-9.0.zip you uploaded is the firmware for 1280X800 and 1024x768 resolution
I don't think ZWNAV will be sending me anymore Firmware as they do not seem to be responding to my emails anymore.
Is there a way to edit that software for 1600X1200 Resolution?
I am in no way a programmer other than building web sites and I am only a beginner at that. So forgive me if this question seems naive. Thanks for any help.

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
After driving my truck this morning the Android Head unit while having a black screen is booting up and operating. It makes the sounds when it gets an email and other sounds like it always did. The manual buttons along the bottom still control my AC. Since the screen is black and at the wrong resolution I just have no way to control it. Is it possible to hook up a PC to the USB of the android head unit to get into the file system? Or some other way to remotely hook up to it? If I hook up a USB Keyboard are there short cut keys to access things like the recovery screen. When I saw the recovery screen it was just text and very low resolution. It would seem the unit would always be capable of showing that screen if I could figure out how to access it. Just looking for anything I can try.. Any ideas please feel free to chime in.

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
Here is the ZhiFang Firmware that should have a Resolution of 1600X1200. If someone could please confirm the Resolution I would be very grateful. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• px6-9.0.zip
    1 GB · Views: 210

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
Okay, So The problem I am having is since the first replacement firmware that ZWNAV sent was the wrong resolution the screen is blank. I cannot see what is happening with the updating of the firmware. I plug in the USB and just wait. I leave it alone for 45 minutes to an hour and then pull out the USB. It does not reboot or show anything on the screen. But the radio will boot up and is still working. It will still make the notification sounds and will still accept Bluetooth calls, etc... But the screen is blank. Anyone have any ideas on this?

miguel0888

Feb 8, 2022
Germany
The PX6 is the name for a board with Rockchip RK3399 CPU, its probably a Raspberry PI 4 compatible board. However you can open the case, remove the core board (px6) an flash in manually with an ISP (In System Programmer). Good luck..!

Reactions: Venom4u

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
Okay, So The problem I am having is since the first replacement firmware that ZWNAV sent was the wrong resolution the screen is blank. I cannot see what is happening with the updating of the firmware. I plug in the USB and just wait. I leave it alone for 45 minutes to an hour and then pull out the USB. It does not reboot or show anything on the screen. But the radio will boot up and is still working. It will still make the notification sounds and will still accept Bluetooth calls, etc... But the screen is blank. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Try naming the correct firmware px6-9.0_format.zip, plug it into usb and hit reset. Wait to see if it will restore properly. It is likely you will need other files afterwards if successful.

Last edited:

IrishinVa

Sep 27, 2022
Here is the ZhiFang Firmware that should have a Resolution of 1600X1200. If someone could please confirm the Resolution I would be very grateful. Thank you for any help.

I have the same unit in the same resolution. Did this fix your brick issue? How did you reinstall the other software/apps?
Appreciate your help.

IrishinVa

Sep 27, 2022
Hi All,

ZWNAV sent me new PX6 Software/Firmware for my Tesla Style Ford F150 LO Radio.
I am starting this new post to show what is going on with the Volume Mute / Bug. For those that don't know there is a Bluetooth bug that can cause the radio to lock up in Muted Mode. The radio will no longer work, you have no volume control, the Bluetooth will still connect to your phone and make calls at a very low volume. From what I read online the only way to fix this is to reinstall the Firmware.
This is the zip file they sent me.

View attachment 5514611

View attachment 5514613

My ZWNAV PX6unit is for a 2013 Ford F-150 with Manual AC Controls. You can see the volume is muted in the pictures.

View attachment 5514615

View attachment 5514617

To Reinstall the Firmware I used a USB 2.0 2GB Flash Drive. I Formatted the drive to FAT32 using a Windows 10 PC. I then put the whole PX6 Android 9 Zip folder onto the Flash Drive. I went to the truck and let the radio boot up. I inserted the Flash Drive into the OTG USB Cable. The USB icon lit up at the top of the screen. It took what seemed like to long, and then it came up on the screen that it found Firmware and press install to continue. I did and the next screen said it was checking the Firmware package and do not remove the drive..

View attachment 5514619

Next the screen said Installing System update.

View attachment 5514623

Next the screen came up in what looked like recovery mode on other PX6 Units. Of course that photo is corrupted and won't open. At the top were choices you could make like reboot and many other things. It said you could access these choices using the Volume and Power Buttons. But this unit has no power button and volume knob did not let you select anything. Then at the bottom of the screen it said that the firmware had installed and to remove the Drive. I did and the radio rebooted. The first thing I noticed was that it started to boot in horizontal mode instead of vertical and the android logo was much smaller. Then for a fraction of a second I saw the normal PX6 screen come up very tiny in horizontal mode filling the left half of the screen horizontally. Then the screen went black and that was it. I think they gave me the wrong firmware for my unit. I think they gave me firmware for a unit that is not 1600X1200 Resolution. The unit screen is still very dimly lit up but it does nothing and nothing can be accessed.. At this point I would say it's bricked unless I can get the correct firmware. I have messaged ZWNAV, but no response yet.. If anyone knows how to proceed feel free to chime in.

View attachment 5514625

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get this unit up and running again... Please give me some clues...
Down bottom right you will see a small reset pinhole. Did you try resetting there?

Venom4u

Mar 1, 2012
Fort McCoy, FL.
I have tried everything listed here.. Since the unit will not show anything on the screen I cannot see what is happening when the unit is turned on with the USB attached. I gave it all day to do what it needed to do before I touched it. After that time I restarted the unit without the USB and it does boot up even though there is nothing on the screen. I don't think it is loading the firmware because when I restart it , it connects to my Wifi and it will make sounds like it downloaded emails. I also checked my Router and it shows the unit connected to the Wifi. I finally took the radio out of my F-150 after weeks of trying to update the firmware. Eventually I will hook it up on the test bench and see if I can get it to do anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The PX6 is the name for a board with Rockchip RK3399 CPU, its probably a Raspberry PI 4 compatible board. However you can open the case, remove the core board (px6) an flash in manually with an ISP (In System Programmer). Good luck..!