FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Good work or bad work ?

Good work

67 Vote(s)
76.14%
Bad work

21 Vote(s)
23.86%

[ROM] [KK] [SM-T231/T230/NU] + Android 5.0 Lollipop Material Design -{Theme}-

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 91

By emoboy (Official Name!), Senior Member on 23rd March 2015, 12:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Read this thread carefully !!

ROM only for Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Inch

This ROM made to give your device full Android Lollipop look (Theme)

lol After installing this ROM all you can see is just kitkat theme every where like a kitkat 4.4 ROM but after updating all google apps and reboot you will see the changes clearly

Pics before updating google apps

Pics after updating google apps and Activating the 5 xposed modules

Youtube Video
Coming soon I am too lazy !!

What's included:
Full Stock apps (update recommended)
Full Google Inc apps (some apps need update) (update recommended)
BusyBox-installer (install recommended)
Xposed installer + 5 must active modules (Active the 5 modules to get the Material Design theme. Check the instructions)
-Eggster (Android Lollipop...... you know!!!)
-Flat Style Bar Indicators (Android Lollipop Status Bar)
-GravityBox[KK] (Android Lollipop Navigation bar + Notification heads up)
-XThemeEngine (Android Lollipop theme Notification bar and icons + some system ui changes)
-Gem Flat for XThemeEngine (Apply this theme to get Material Design look! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2484933)
-Xtended NavBar (Android Lollipop Navigation bar customized)
-Fancy Switcher (Android Lollipop Recent apps theme)
Perfect Android Lollipop Boot Animation (why perfect ? cause there is no lag! + smooth and fast + 7.0 inch resolution compatible! 1280 x 800)
New Google Now Launcher Lollipop! (Google Search must be updated)
SuperSU (update recommended)
Some CM11 sounds from *TEAM ACHERON ROM* (http://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-...-2015-t3000107)
Stock Wallpapers + Official Lollipop Wallpapers (come by default with Google now launcher)
Google Keyboard (make it system keyboard and apply material design from settings)

What's removed
TouchWiz home (SecLauncher3)

Bugs
reboot animation still samsung i cant change it to lollipop -sorry-
stock lockscreen lags
no bugs for now

Requires
-Root
-Custom Recovery

ROM Information
ROM Status: Beta v1.0
ROM OS Version: 5.0 Lollipop
Real OS Version: 4.4.2 kitkat
SM-T231 Stock Kernel
Based on Stock Samsung Firmware
5.0 Lollipop ROM by emoboy v1.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plz Do not forget to update Google Play Services
To Fix any Gapps bugs
pic

Plz Do not forget to update all installed Google apps
pic

Plz Do not forget to active the 5 Xposed modules
pic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will fully help you if you found any problems (crash or bugs) but you have to follow the instructions carefully !

Instructions (installation and after installation recommended!!)
For better installation you have to flash stock firmware for your device using Odin and root your device again
1-download 5.0.zip
2-put it into your sdcard or device
3-wipe cache/dalvik (if stuck at boot after installing or bugged or any errors then wipe cache/dalvik/system/data and reinstall zip file)
4-reset factory
5-install zip file
6-reboot system
----------------------------------------------------After ROM installation----------------------------------------------------
1-it will ask for software update (not software update its just a Device Registration)
(very recommended steps)
2-update Google Play Services from play store
3-update all installed google apps from play store
4-open xposed installer
5-active the 5 modules
6-install framework then reboot
7-install BusyBox to system/xbin
8-open xtheme engine
9-you will find system theme and Gem Flat theme
10-choose Gem Flat theme
11-reboot device

Credits
emoboy
g_ding84 *TEAM ACHERON ROM*

Download
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to emoboy (Official Name!) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emoboy (Official Name!) Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 01:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Nice work, I'll try this out and provide feedback
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChardC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChardC Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 04:45 AM |#3  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Will flash and give input. Thanks for a new ROM to test out

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

My first comment is you should always insist on doing a clean full wipe install. This will help you out with any troubleshooting. Dirty flashing can and will cause a lot of problems. Not to mention everyone is not an experienced flasher. Setting them up to brick a device in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pontif For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pontif Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 05:55 AM |#4  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,738

More
Hmmm nice work you got here. But this rom is mostly based on xposed mods.... .. (should include credits to each xposed app). Fixing the reboot animation seems easy to fix. Its either the shutdown.qmg in the system/media folder or the loop qmg. I ported a few in the past(ported zip bootanimations to samsung qmg format). So yeah, hope that helps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DUHAsianSKILLZ Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 09:31 AM |#5  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 20,041

More
@emoboy (Official Name!) I suggest you check your PM inbox...
The Following User Says Thank You to ApriliaM3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ApriliaM3 Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 12:25 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Hmmm nice work you got here. But this rom is mostly based on xposed mods.... .. (should include credits to each xposed app). Fixing the reboot animation seems easy to fix. Its either the shutdown.qmg in the system/media folder or the loop qmg. I ported a few in the past(ported zip bootanimations to samsung qmg format). So yeah, hope that helps!

thanks and i dont know who made the 5 xposed apps lol
23rd March 2015, 09:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Location Awesome! CM wallpaper

This is the best ROM for this device ever made... hehe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blueice_modcircle.jpg
Views:	1922
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	3225537  
The Following User Says Thank You to emoboy (Official Name!) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emoboy (Official Name!) Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 02:07 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Great job on this ROM. I initially tried clearing just the system and data directories, alongside the dalvik cache, before installing. The results was terrible, despite the system booting fine and all, it took a year saying Android Starting... That's all on me, as I fell asleep, but luckily it didn't fry the device, just a battery drain and it wasn't terrible. Nonetheless, I recommend a full wipe coming from another ROM, before considering this ROM and I'm using a SM-T230NU. Apart from that, the one issue I have identified with the Rev, was already highlighted, which is the lockscreen. Memory utilization is also great, though I did some uninstalls for most of the Google Apps, I'm consuming about 700mb, leaving at least 600mb free for anything and I haven't started tweaking startup apps. Having said all of this, emoboy, you've done an exceptional job 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to ChardC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChardC Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 01:09 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChardC

Great job on this ROM. I initially tried clearing just the system and data directories, alongside the dalvik cache, before installing. The results was terrible, despite the system booting fine and all, it took a year saying Android Starting... That's all on me, as I fell asleep, but luckily it didn't fry the device, just a battery drain and it wasn't terrible. Nonetheless, I recommend a full wipe coming from another ROM, before considering this ROM and I'm using a SM-T230NU. Apart from that, the one issue I have identified with the Rev, was already highlighted, which is the lockscreen. Memory utilization is also great, though I did some uninstalls for most of the Google Apps, I'm consuming about 700mb, leaving at least 600mb free for anything and I haven't started tweaking startup apps. Having said all of this, emoboy, you've done an exceptional job

THANKS
this ROM should called Google ROM its based on all google inc apps and its the best rom for tab4 7.0
but only one thing that make it bad (its size = 1.56 GB).
The Following User Says Thank You to emoboy (Official Name!) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emoboy (Official Name!) Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 01:57 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would like to suggest to be able to disable hardware button for 'Back' and 'Recent' because you've made the software button available. The home button can stay. How's this?
10th April 2015, 03:25 AM |#11  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Any luck with the lockscreen? Runs smooth but that would be awesome to fix that laggy lockscreen...
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmsohc22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdmsohc22 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)