FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROOT] Galaxy Tab 4 7" T230 Only

3,962 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,816
 
By ShinySide, Recognized Developer on 1st August 2014, 10:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2014, 11:16 PM |#241  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelous

Wow, i think this isnt very easy at all, you have to boot recovery on first boot. I dont always end up to recovery even with normal reboot and button combination. I think one click roots r way easier!

Obviously a one click root is the easiest, but with the lack of one yet for our platforms, this was a very simple and straight forward process.. I remember the days where it required ADB pushing/receiving of certain files to get root, and that was only one step of about 15 lmao..
 
 
28th December 2014, 12:24 AM |#242  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
By far the easiest root method I've tried in my years of flashing. Thanks OP. Regarding new Roms, its still early in the game I think but they will come. Till then xposed all the way :thumbup:

Sent from my titan using XDA Free mobile app
28th December 2014, 06:31 AM |#243  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopas

By far the easiest root method I've tried in my years of flashing. Thanks OP. Regarding new Roms, its still early in the game I think but they will come. Till then xposed all the way :thumbup:

Sent from my titan using XDA Free mobile app

What would it take to make a custom rom for this tab.?? I'd love to give it a go..!
28th December 2014, 06:59 AM |#244  
troy5890's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 361
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22

What would it take to make a custom rom for this tab.?? I'd love to give it a go..!

If u have a 64-bit computer then go on and give it a try

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
28th December 2014, 03:35 PM |#245  
Junior Member
Flag FEMA region 5
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
cant boot into TWRP
Hello. I followed the steps:
1.) download Odin 3.09 and TWRP(recovery.tar) - all attached
2.) put tablet on Download Mode (Power Button+Volume Down+Home Button)
3.) flash the recovery.tar thru Odin 3.09 use PDA/AP button on Odin
4a.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP
. . . but when I go into recovery mode it will never go into the TWRP recovery mode. Ive tried to flash it serveral times with Odin, no luck. Any ideas. Thanks
28th December 2014, 04:04 PM |#246  
tatoo069sv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 677
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsheeple

Hello. I followed the steps:
1.) download Odin 3.09 and TWRP(recovery.tar) - all attached
2.) put tablet on Download Mode (Power Button+Volume Down+Home Button)
3.) flash the recovery.tar thru Odin 3.09 use PDA/AP button on Odin
4a.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP
. . . but when I go into recovery mode it will never go into the TWRP recovery mode. Ive tried to flash it serveral times with Odin, no luck. Any ideas. Thanks

I had the same problem when I did mine yesterday. Make sure your twrp is the correct version mate. I think you need 2.8.0.1 dega something like that.
28th December 2014, 04:24 PM |#247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsheeple

Hello. I followed the steps:
1.) download Odin 3.09 and TWRP(recovery.tar) - all attached
2.) put tablet on Download Mode (Power Button+Volume Down+Home Button)
3.) flash the recovery.tar thru Odin 3.09 use PDA/AP button on Odin
4a.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP
. . . but when I go into recovery mode it will never go into the TWRP recovery mode. Ive tried to flash it serveral times with Odin, no luck. Any ideas. Thanks

Same problem with TWRP 2.8.0.1 and NK2 firmware. Flashed back to NE2 firmware and it works fine.
28th December 2014, 04:39 PM |#248  
Junior Member
Flag FEMA region 5
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoo069sv

I had the same problem when I did mine yesterday. Make sure your twrp is the correct version mate. I think you need 2.8.0.1 dega something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_in_RI

Same problem with TWRP 2.8.0.1 and NK2 firmware. Flashed back to NE2 firmware and it works fine.


@tatoo069sv - I verified the version was correct

@Bob_in_RI - so the NE fireware will root the device?
28th December 2014, 05:38 PM |#249  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsheeple

@tatoo069sv - I verified the version was correct

@Bob_in_RI - so the NE fireware will root the device?

Yes, I was able to root with NE firmware.

But, just to be sure, I tried again with the K2 firmware. I noticed on another thread that it was important to turn of Auto Reboot in Odin. After a couple of tries, it worked! You just have to be sure it boots into TWRP first, this seems to be the key
28th December 2014, 05:51 PM |#250  
Junior Member
Flag FEMA region 5
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_in_RI

Yes, I was able to root with NE firmware.

But, just to be sure, I tried again with the K2 firmware. I noticed on another thread that it was important to turn of Auto Reboot in Odin. After a couple of tries, it worked! You just have to be sure it boots into TWRP first, this seems to be the key


Yeah, that seems to be the big issue I'm having. . . .cant boot to TWRP
28th December 2014, 06:13 PM |#251  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsheeple

Yeah, that seems to be the big issue I'm having. . . .cant boot to TWRP

All I can tell you is that you is that I turned off the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time in Odin, flashed TWRP, waited about 10 seonds after it was done, unplugged, and rebooted while holding down power + home + vol up. If it goes to factory recovery, you have to reflash and start again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob_in_RI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bob_in_RI Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes