FORUMS

[Q] SM-T531 14.06 root?

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Im_Roy, Junior Member on 7th August 2014, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought the GT4 SM-T531 14.06, is there any rooting method for it? I am new to tabs.. thank you
7th August 2014, 05:12 PM |#2  
raitchison's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

I bought the GT4 SM-T531 14.06, is there any rooting method for it? I am new to tabs.. thank you

You can try Towelroot but if that doesn't work there is a CF-Auto-Root solution for that model

Here is a thread I made that has links and info for all known root methods

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781830
The Following User Says Thank You to raitchison For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raitchison Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 05:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raitchison

You can try Towelroot but if that doesn't work there is a CF-Auto-Root solution for that model

Here is a thread I made that has links and info for all known root methods

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781830

Thank you for your answer, worked like a charm!
7th August 2014, 05:36 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wait, altough it says the device is rooted i dont see the superuser thingy, and when i installed superuser from the sore it rebooted and gave me an error, am i missing something?
7th August 2014, 06:35 PM |#5  
raitchison's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

Wait, altough it says the device is rooted i dont see the superuser thingy, and when i installed superuser from the sore it rebooted and gave me an error, am i missing something?

Which root method did you use?

In any case none of these root methods are my work, I'd recommend checking in the threads linked for your particular root method.
7th August 2014, 06:36 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raitchison

Which root method did you use?

In any case none of these root methods are my work, I'd recommend checking in the threads linked for your particular root method.

Towelroot, and rootchecker says its rooted...
7th August 2014, 06:44 PM |#7  
raitchison's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

Towelroot, and rootchecker says its rooted...

I recall there was an issue with using the SU that came from the play store and that you should try to get the SuperSU binary directly from Chainfire's site.

http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/
7th August 2014, 07:15 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raitchison

I recall there was an issue with using the SU that came from the play store and that you should try to get the SuperSU binary directly from Chainfire's site.

http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/

i went the other way i downloaded odin, is a bit more complicated but its a sure thing, im dealing with knox now... its a pain in the butt
7th August 2014, 07:29 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

i went the other way i downloaded odin, is a bit more complicated but its a sure thing, im dealing with knox now... its a pain in the butt

Done, it was like 10 minutes, then i had to restart su.. and it took like 5 seconds to disable knox.. im going to do a detailed guide on how to root it later
8th August 2014, 05:48 AM |#10  
404-Not Found's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

Done, it was like 10 minutes, then i had to restart su.. and it took like 5 seconds to disable knox.. im going to do a detailed guide on how to root it later

Please ask a Mod to move this thread to Q&A or delete it

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes