Recovery/Twrp/CWM/ for galaxy tab 4 8.0 (t330nu)

Search This thread

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Was anyone able to deodexed this device? I was able to root it and install TWRP, but my device is still odex.

Was anyone able to deodexed this device? I was able to root it and install TWRP, but my device is still odex.

Try this tool out. I used it to deodex my tab 4 10.1" when there were no custom roms available. It seems to work well deodexing Samsung devices, I also used it to deodex my Galaxy S4 Active

Reactions: Danny1976
did anyone find a trwp recovery for galaxy tab 4 8.0 sm-t330nu ?:confused:

Here third link down, in the OP. Why, is it not working for you?

Edit: Oops just saw that you were asking for twrp. I don't believe there is a working twrp for the T330NU, but I might be wrong. Is CWM not working for you?

Additional edit: Just remembered about this thread. At one point a dev was making builds for the 8 inch models, but support has long since been discontinued. I honestly couldn't tell you if it's working or not, but that CWM I linked to is a significantly more recent build. Up to you...

Last edited:
Reactions: mrdreamers
Can anyone show an unedited build prop setup whole thing for the t330nu after TWRP rejecting several flash files and a dirty unicorn Rom, well dirtying my device the build is changed. So after many lost attempts to go back to stock Rom and try the new lightnining Rom I'm trying to rewrite the build prop to the original state. My device also was changed from t330nu to just t330. Don't have a computer rn or I'd just Odin it. If anyone can suggest anything else I'm open to try before editing a file that could kill the tablet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi i have recently purchased a Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and am looking into building a Deodex Rom for the device.

The issue is i have not been able to find anywhere on the forum a custom recovery of any kind for this device. I have tried a few versions for other devices such as the Tab3 8.0 and Tab4 7.0 but each time i could not boot into recovery, brought me back to download mode.

My main question and concern is lack of support for this device and i would like to start contributing.

Is there a CWM or TWRP for the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (T330NU)?

If not how can we get one started?

Really want to finish making my custom rom, have all my files Deodexed and ready to go.

UPDATE/EDIT OCT 22:

Source file has been found for this device. If we work together we should be able to FINALLY get a recovery for the Tab 4 8.0 T330nu. If anyone has any useful information or resources to help along the way please feel free to contribute.

SOURCE FOR GALAXY TAB 4 8.0 T330NU (DOWNLOAD USING GOOGLE CHROME ONLY)

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=T330nu

UPDATE/EDIT OCT 23:
    Recovery should be in the making for the T330NU variant plus 2 or 3 other variants all in due time so please be patient and let us all work together.

Custom Roms could be on the new horizon to fallow you never know ?

UPDATE/EDIT OCT 26:
    Boot.img and recovery.img files dumped from Galaxy Tab 4 8.0.

Boot.img dumped from device T330NU:

http://www.4shared.com/file/nOAtJQbCba/boot.html

Recovery.img dumped from device T330NU:

http://www.4shared.com/file/mSkFIM0Bce/recovery.html
    There are now 2 working recoveries for the T330 in the dev section.
    Just want to check in. Still nothing for us yet. I don't want to push the guys since they are doing this purely as favors since they don't have the devices. I am keeping in touch with them however. Also I pmd @Dees_Troy but haven't heard back there either. One of my buddy's is a friend of his and said he usually won't make a recovery for a device he doesn't have but if a recovery is made and proven working, he will make it official which means more support.

Greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to spread the word and maybe find some more developers willing to help also. Does not hurt to ask right.
    I believe so, can you download that?
    Hi i have recently purchased a Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and am looking into building a Deodex Rom for the device.

The issue is i have not been able to find anywhere on the forum a custom recovery of any kind for this device. I have tried a few versions for other devices such as the Tab3 8.0 and Tab4 7.0 but each time i could not boot into recovery, brought me back to download mode.

My main question and concern is lack of support for this device and i would like to start contributing.

Is there a CWM or TWRP for the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (T330NU)?

If not how can we get one started?

Really want to finish making my custom rom, have all my files Deodexed and ready to go.

UPDATE/EDIT OCT 22:

Source file has been found for this device. If we work together we should be able to FINALLY get a recovery for the Tab 4 8.0 T330nu. If anyone has any useful information or resources to help along the way please feel free to contribute.

SOURCE FOR GALAXY TAB 4 8.0 T330NU (DOWNLOAD USING GOOGLE CHROME ONLY)

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=T330nu

UPDATE/EDIT OCT 23:
    Recovery should be in the making for the T330NU variant plus 2 or 3 other variants all in due time so please be patient and let us all work together.

Custom Roms could be on the new horizon to fallow you never know ?