DreamUX S8 ROM for T715

Search This thread

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Hello Galaxy Tab s2 Users! Welcome to my thread. For the past few days I have been building a fully modified and upgraded tab s2 ROM. These upgrades include taking apps from the s8 and Note 8 and putting and optimizing them for the Tab S2.

Please follow my install instructions carefully as the ZIP is not flashable.

Requirements:
Android 7.0 Stock Nougat ROM

This ROM is based of the latest UK version of the 7.0 15 December. It's taken me quite a while to make this so please push that like button!

ROM DOES NOT COME PRE ROOTED.
Now what's in this ROM?
Well... Everything you could possibly imagine!
Updated Touchwiz Home to 9.0.xxx (don't remember the full version number!)
Updated Dream Calculator
Updated Dream Calendar
Updated Camera to Tab S3 icon
Updated Dream Clock
Updated Dream Contacts
Updated to newest Gallery (looks amazing [emoji16])
Updated Game Launcher to newest Rendition!
Added Game tuner as system app for further HW Control
Added Kernel Adiutor Mod as Kernel tuner (Synapse wasn't working[emoji24]. Feel free to try it though!)
Updated Dream Messages
Updated to Latest in callui (Basically the phone app)
Updated Quick Connect to Samsung Connect
Updated to Dream Music
Updated Memo to Samsung Notes (So much better [emoji106])
Updated Video List,editor and trimmer to Latest version
ADDED ALWAYS ON DISPLAY

This ROM also uses the N4N kernel by engine95 (Thank you so much for this kernel. You ROCK dude!)

I've also removed a lot of the Google apps to reduce size and further enhance the experience

BUGS:
Well I don't like talking about this but I'll admit there are a few bugs left over.[emoji22]
1.Samsung Account-FIXED
2.Samsung Connect- FIXED
3.Touchwiz Home: Can crash sometimes. FIX-Coming Soon
4.AOD: FIXED

Install Instructions: This is NOT a FLASHABLE ZIP. FOLLOW INSTRUCTION PROPERLY: DO NOT WIPE!!!!

1. Go to TWRP recovery and make a backup of your boot.
2.Then reboot to your original ROM
3. Now with the downloaded ZIP copy the full folder into the directory where you kept the boot backup (NOT in the boot folder. Outside of it) (see pictures). Also download Superuser 2.82. Also copy the folder , not it's contents.
4.Make sure it is in the correct place
5.Now charge your tab and get ready.
6. Make a backup of your current ROM or carry around a copy of lineage OS as a backup in case things go wrong so you can flash and get back in.
7. Reboot to recovery again.
8.if you've done the steps PROPERLY you should see a new file in the restore section of TWRP.
9. If step 8 is fulfilled then now WIPE system,dalvik cache, data and cache
10. Go to the restore option and restore the Dream.T715 folder. (Do not restore the boot you made earlier. That's just a reference point)
11. After the restore is completed install supersu and WIPE dalvik cache and then reboot!

Success. Sorry for the tedious install process. I'm not a very good dev and so don't or probably can't make a flashable ZIP.

Thank you and hopefully you enjoy my ROM!!!!!

Link:
V1.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uoYgjtiwavGM16XYnppeLHn4VRCMmsBz/view?usp=drivesdk

V1.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJ-gCMGh61gpiSVdsee3b7XWvoYxJrMw/view?usp=sharing
Please flash 3.57 kernel from engine 95s thread. Will release optimal (in my case at least) kernel auditor settings soon. Enjoy!!!

Many Fixes!!!!
Enjoy!!! Here are the screen shots!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEBkYUwCh16Seh5ABMenxkeWSWptoi5i/view?usp=drivesdk

Kernel Source:
N4N
https://github.com/engine95

Changelog v1.2
1. Added Google play Games (I felt it was annoying to keep going to the play store to download it.
2. Updated all of the remaining google apps.
3.Added app called 'backlight'. If your HW lights for recents and back fail after a long time of AOD then go to this app and click reset to 1.5 seconds.
4.Debloated a little more.
5.Shortened ROM size. Removed 500 megabytes
6. MAJOR: ALWAYS ON DISPLAY Backlight issues FIXED.
Enjoy everyone!

Changelog 1.4
1. ROM rebuilt using latest U.K sources and every mod rewritten and optimized. This means ROM size has reduced by around 100 - 200 MB and more ROM runs a lot faster.
2. Updated kernel (more of went down to 1.3). This kernel appears to run faster and is more stable. Update to 3.57 manually.
3. Updated some more google apps and made the ROM magisk compatible. This allows install of Audio mods such as Dolby Atmos. DO NOT INSTALL AM3D. IT WILL BOOTLOOP THE ROM DUE TO SAMSUNGS CUSTOM EXYNOS SOUND CHIP. After installing Dolby atmos you should create a blank file and replace audioeffects.config in /system/etc and replace it.
4. Various under the hood changes and bug fixes.
5. New optimal kernel adiutor mod settings will be released soon.

Enjoy another release!!!! (Last one for a while coz of exams) [emoji23]

Last edited:

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
One more bug: AOD: If you leave AOD on for sometime then there is a chance it will glitch and the recent keys backlight won't work. Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to delete AOD from /priv app and restart.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

what did u use to get aod work please tell since i am using t710 and cant restroe this rom......

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

One more bug: AOD: If you leave AOD on for sometime then there is a chance it will glitch and the recent keys backlight won't work. Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to delete AOD from /priv app and restart.

please tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dying to try aod on my t710!!!!!!!

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010

too bad .. AOD would have been a great addition-anyway looking forward to your updated link. Thanks!

btw one of your screenshots had a washing machine shown

Screenshot_20171226-110333.png

Last edited:

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
@Mac331us AOD does work but its a little buggy. I found a temporary fix but it causes a different glitch. If you remove AOD plugins from priv app. this bug does not happen because AOD refreshes the hw lights every time. But this means that every time you lock your device and AOD pops up the recent key lights light up for a second and if you press the keys the lights become active... so yeah. But it is a working fix just little weird.

Link Updated

Last edited:
errr... you shouldn't put your efs files there. restoring efs from other device will copy your imei as well if i'm not mistaken. there will be multiple device with your emei later on. anyway its not that hard to learn making the zip files. its all here in xda.

Do not use other Device EFS Partition .. IMEI is unique for every device and every device which is manufactured will be given different IMEI no hence you cannot use any other device IMEI its against the law...

Last edited:

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Hello everyone. I've released an update for this ROM and I've removed the copy of efs. Thankyou for being patient and you can now (hopefully) enjoy this ROM. Also look at changelog for some 'fixes' [emoji16]

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Also that washing machine if you look at bottom right is the Samsung connect video

ah! got it!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

thanks so much! "MAJOR: ALWAYS ON DISPLAY Backlight issues FIXED." downloading now..

edit:

just bootloops does not get past Samsung Tab S2 white letters on black screen (followed exact instructions)

Last edited:

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
ah! got it!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

thanks so much! "MAJOR: ALWAYS ON DISPLAY Backlight issues FIXED." downloading now..

edit:

just bootloops does not get past Samsung Tab S2 white letters on black screen (followed exact instructions)
Cool send in results and review [emoji4]

EDIT: Don't restore Radio file

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Cool send in results and review [emoji4]

EDIT: Don't restore Radio file

I tried that too earlier (was just my guess as did not see a need for that)-will try again. Did with and without supersu too.

essentially wipe all, then restore the backup you posted without radio (not doing supersu), then dalvik wipe?

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
I tried that too earlier (was just my guess as did not see a need for that)-will try again. Did with and without supersu too.

essentially wipe all, then restore the backup you posted without radio (not doing supersu), then dalvik wipe?
Try restoring a full stock nougat rom,then root with twrp and follow all instruction and don't restore Radio file.

PaterProx

Dec 9, 2015
thank for the Rom. but I have to say, it is laggy and has very bad battery life. always on display is a cool feature but it has to be integrated deeper from Samsung because otherwise the device doesn't go into deepsleep and loses a lot of battery. my tablet got 11h stand by with aod and is fully out of charge. in bettery settings the display was on the full time. little bit sad but that's how it is when samsung doesn't give us support for aod. but thanks anyway for your efforts!

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Oh... Well I'm still not sure about radio file but you can give it a shot i guess.

Works!...runs well-not sure about the other poster's 'lagginess'...imo everything is always laggy and never fast enough but I do not see difference in response versus stock so that in of itself is a testament to its smoothness. As for battery life too early to tell and that varies with use - hard for me to keep it on standby for extended periods but might try tonight

the AOD could use from a bigger display size (too small for the large screen imo-calendar option would be nice as on S8 and brighter setting definitely-too dim but then some may find that draining battery even further-will see if indeed this is battery draining - all relative to stock; SIM if present even if passive will drain battery more than just on wifi-right now have my SIM in a phone but will try later with SIM in T715) Thanks so much!

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
thank for the Rom. but I have to say, it is laggy and has very bad battery life. always on display is a cool feature but it has to be integrated deeper from Samsung because otherwise the device doesn't go into deepsleep and loses a lot of battery. my tablet got 11h stand by with aod and is fully out of charge. in bettery settings the display was on the full time. little bit sad but that's how it is when samsung doesn't give us support for aod. but thanks anyway for your efforts!
The worse than normal battery life is because by default the ROM is overclocked and DVFS is almost entirely disabled. You'll have too root it to adjust the clocks and I know AOD isnt perfect but it's a start.
Works!...runs well-not sure about the other poster's 'lagginess'...imo everything is always laggy and never fast enough but I do not see difference in response versus stock so that in of itself is a testament to its smoothness. As for battery life too early to tell and that varies with use - hard for me to keep it on standby for extended periods but might try tonight

the AOD could use from a bigger display size (too small for the large screen imo-calendar option would be nice as on S8 and brighter setting definitely-too dim but then some may find that draining battery even further-will see if indeed this is battery draining - all relative to stock; SIM if present even if passive will drain battery more than just on wifi-right now have my SIM in a phone but will try later with SIM in T715) Thanks so much!
Any lag that is present right now will be ironed out in the future. This is just almost the second release of the ROM and the other two times have been just bug fixes! But I'm glad to see you are enjoying this ROM. I will keep pushing out updates to help further optimize it but be patient and it will come eventually. Also anyones thought s on adding Xposed into the system and also magisk support?

One last thing: I'm planning to port this ROM to t710,t810 and t815. I'm looking for beta testers so if there any private message me. This ROM also is being updated to android 7.1.1 Samsung Experience 8.1. Although I can't promise anything because it is being very difficult right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Galaxy Tab s2 Users! Welcome to my thread. For the past few days I have been building a fully modified and upgraded tab s2 ROM. These upgrades include taking apps from the s8 and Note 8 and putting and optimizing them for the Tab S2.

Please follow my install instructions carefully as the ZIP is not flashable.

Requirements:
    Android 7.0 Stock Nougat ROM

This ROM is based of the latest UK version of the 7.0 15 December. It's taken me quite a while to make this so please push that like button!

ROM DOES NOT COME PRE ROOTED.
    Now what's in this ROM?
    Well... Everything you could possibly imagine!
    Updated Touchwiz Home to 9.0.xxx (don't remember the full version number!)
    Updated Dream Calculator
    Updated Dream Calendar
    Updated Camera to Tab S3 icon
    Updated Dream Clock
    Updated Dream Contacts
    Updated to newest Gallery (looks amazing [emoji16])
    Updated Game Launcher to newest Rendition!
    Added Game tuner as system app for further HW Control
    Added Kernel Adiutor Mod as Kernel tuner (Synapse wasn't working[emoji24]. Feel free to try it though!)
    Updated Dream Messages
    Updated to Latest in callui (Basically the phone app)
    Updated Quick Connect to Samsung Connect
    Updated to Dream Music
    Updated Memo to Samsung Notes (So much better [emoji106])
    Updated Video List,editor and trimmer to Latest version
    ADDED ALWAYS ON DISPLAY

This ROM also uses the N4N kernel by engine95 (Thank you so much for this kernel. You ROCK dude!)

I've also removed a lot of the Google apps to reduce size and further enhance the experience

BUGS:
    Well I don't like talking about this but I'll admit there are a few bugs left over.[emoji22]
    1.Samsung Account-FIXED
    2.Samsung Connect- FIXED
    3.Touchwiz Home: Can crash sometimes. FIX-Coming Soon
    4.AOD: FIXED

Install Instructions: This is NOT a FLASHABLE ZIP. FOLLOW INSTRUCTION PROPERLY: DO NOT WIPE!!!!

1. Go to TWRP recovery and make a backup of your boot.
    2.Then reboot to your original ROM
    3. Now with the downloaded ZIP copy the full folder into the directory where you kept the boot backup (NOT in the boot folder. Outside of it) (see pictures). Also download Superuser 2.82. Also copy the folder , not it's contents.
    4.Make sure it is in the correct place
    5.Now charge your tab and get ready.
    6. Make a backup of your current ROM or carry around a copy of lineage OS as a backup in case things go wrong so you can flash and get back in.
    7. Reboot to recovery again.
    8.if you've done the steps PROPERLY you should see a new file in the restore section of TWRP.
    9. If step 8 is fulfilled then now WIPE system,dalvik cache, data and cache
    10. Go to the restore option and restore the Dream.T715 folder. (Do not restore the boot you made earlier. That's just a reference point)
    11. After the restore is completed install supersu and WIPE dalvik cache and then reboot!

Success. Sorry for the tedious install process. I'm not a very good dev and so don't or probably can't make a flashable ZIP.

Thank you and hopefully you enjoy my ROM!!!!!

Link:
    V1.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uoYgjtiwavGM16XYnppeLHn4VRCMmsBz/view?usp=drivesdk

V1.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJ-gCMGh61gpiSVdsee3b7XWvoYxJrMw/view?usp=sharing
    Please flash 3.57 kernel from engine 95s thread. Will release optimal (in my case at least) kernel auditor settings soon. Enjoy!!!

Many Fixes!!!!
    Enjoy!!! Here are the screen shots!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEBkYUwCh16Seh5ABMenxkeWSWptoi5i/view?usp=drivesdk

Kernel Source:
    N4N
    https://github.com/engine95

Changelog v1.2
    1. Added Google play Games (I felt it was annoying to keep going to the play store to download it.
    2. Updated all of the remaining google apps.
    3.Added app called 'backlight'. If your HW lights for recents and back fail after a long time of AOD then go to this app and click reset to 1.5 seconds.
    4.Debloated a little more.
    5.Shortened ROM size. Removed 500 megabytes
    6. MAJOR: ALWAYS ON DISPLAY Backlight issues FIXED.
    Enjoy everyone!

Changelog 1.4
    1. ROM rebuilt using latest U.K sources and every mod rewritten and optimized. This means ROM size has reduced by around 100 - 200 MB and more ROM runs a lot faster.
    2. Updated kernel (more of went down to 1.3). This kernel appears to run faster and is more stable. Update to 3.57 manually.
    3. Updated some more google apps and made the ROM magisk compatible. This allows install of Audio mods such as Dolby Atmos. DO NOT INSTALL AM3D. IT WILL BOOTLOOP THE ROM DUE TO SAMSUNGS CUSTOM EXYNOS SOUND CHIP. After installing Dolby atmos you should create a blank file and replace audioeffects.config in /system/etc and replace it.
    4. Various under the hood changes and bug fixes.
    5. New optimal kernel adiutor mod settings will be released soon.

Enjoy another release!!!! (Last one for a while coz of exams) [emoji23]
    No problem...much more than what I was expecting given low dev support for two based roms...just add size and brightness at the moment and call recording..therefore was on LL..HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND EVERYONE!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Massive Performance Update releasing tomorrow. Changes include:
    Optimizations to kernel and other apps.
    More voltage control and basic improvements to AOD .
    ROM rebuilt completely to reduce another 100+ MB and performance improvements
    Will release optimal kernel auditor mod settings in changelog.
    Also made this ROM compatible with Magisk 15.0
    All other changes will be on changelog.
    This will be a semi permanent build. It means that my next update after this will be in a month or two. I'm taking a month or so off coz of exams. Will return once I am done! Anyone be on the lookout for the build!!!
    Also tested Dolby with magisk and it works but requires a fix which will be uploaded as a separate fix. Xposed was tried and tested but most mods were either outdated or simply not compatible. So I have not included xposed in the next and it's unlikely I will.

Anyways HAPPY 2018

There is only one real bug now.
    Hello everyone. I've released an update for this ROM and I've removed the copy of efs. Thankyou for being patient and you can now (hopefully) enjoy this ROM. Also look at changelog for some 'fixes' [emoji16]

maybe this is the issue-I am on stock rooted lollipop (had nougat but was trying other things-ok will work on this)...bootloader is different
    Oh... Well I'm still not sure about radio file but you can give it a shot i guess.