[KERNEL] Permissive Lollipop 5.1.1 kernel for T710/T810

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
This is a permissive kernel with rooting restrictions removed.
Due to the new security policies in 5.1.1 you will need this kernel to root your device.

This will trip the knox flag thereby potentially voiding your warranty.
I hold no responsibility in any case if you decide to flash this product.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES, PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST.
IF YOU WISH TO USE MY WORK IN YOUR PROJECT ALL I ASK IS FOR PROPER CREDIT.

t710_5.1.1_boot

t810_5.1.1_boot

Source code

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.

CREDITS: Samsung for the source code, Suzook and anyone that helped test.

Last edited:

rp3

Mar 26, 2010
I had a bit of a challenge to get this installed on my SM-T710. I couldn't get Odin to install the kernel using either boot or AP. I did get this working by installing your TWRP build, extracting the IMG file and having TWRP install the IMG file.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I had a bit of a challenge to get this installed on my SM-T710. I couldn't get Odin to install the kernel using either boot or AP. I did get this working by installing your TWRP build, extracting the IMG file and having TWRP install the IMG file.

What was the issue?

Reactions: suzook

rp3

Mar 26, 2010
Odin froze/did not complete on the flash. No fail message or even window greying. I tried 3.10.6 and 1.85. After about 10 tries, I decided to use twrp to flash the image and it worked fine.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

jimm2

Jul 7, 2008
Odin froze/did not complete on the flash. No fail message or even window greying. I tried 3.10.6 and 1.85. After about 10 tries, I decided to use twrp to flash the image and it worked fine.

Same issue for me. Couldn't get it to flash with Odin so flashed the image file via twrp and all is good.

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com

Same issue for me. Couldn't get it to flash with Odin so flashed the image file via twrp and all is good.

Try ODIN 3.10.7
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347818437

thedanks

Jul 17, 2012

Hmm, I had the same problem but I can't use twrp because when I flash that it says it flashed fine but then I still get the regular stock recovery. Im on 5.1.1

lonelime

May 12, 2011
Hmm, I had the same problem but I can't use twrp because when I flash that it says it flashed fine but then I still get the regular stock recovery. Im on 5.1.1

if you already on 5.1.1 ...I believed you have to root first before you can install the TWRP...

I was not sure how did they flashed TWRP without got the Tab rooted first...

more specific instruction ... would be nice...

Thanks

thedanks

Jul 17, 2012

if you already on 5.1.1 ...I believed you have to root first before you can install the TWRP...

I was not sure how did they flashed TWRP without got the Tab rooted first...

more specific instruction ... would be nice...

Thanks

from what i understood they were flashing twrp in odin... from the instructions I read it appeared you could update to 5.1.1 and then begin the process...

Do I need to flash back to 5.0.2 and if so which one? I've got a US 710 wifi.

Last edited:

lonelime

May 12, 2011
from what i understood they were flashing twrp in odin... from the instructions I read it appeared you could update to 5.1.1 and then begin the process...

Do I need to flash back to 5.0.2 and if so which one? I've got a US 710 wifi.

I just got the root working...

no need to go back for 5.0.2

from 5.1.1 stock..

1-flash TWRP
2-copy t710_5.1.1_boot.img (pulled out from the corrupted TAR) place it in your Tab
3-go to TWRP
4-select install from Image
5-flash t710_5.1.1_boot.img
6-go back download mode, and flash the CF_auto root
7-go back download mode again, and flash the TWRP again
8-go back and verified got Rooted and Custom TWRP

Thanks

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

The stock recovery gets reflashed by the OS when you reboot. To prevent this from happening you have to reboot immediately into recovery after flashing. TWRP will then patch it to prevent this from happening.

If you disable 'Auto reboot' you can reboot after flashing by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN then immediately switch to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons when the tablet restarts.

thedanks

Jul 17, 2012
The stock recovery gets reflashed by the OS when you reboot. To prevent this from happening you have to reboot immediately into recovery after flashing. TWRP will then patch it to prevent this from happening.

If you disable 'Auto reboot' you can reboot after flashing by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN then immediately switch to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons when the tablet restarts.

that did it thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a permissive kernel with rooting restrictions removed.
    Due to the new security policies in 5.1.1 you will need this kernel to root your device.

This will trip the knox flag thereby potentially voiding your warranty.
    I hold no responsibility in any case if you decide to flash this product.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES, PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST.
    IF YOU WISH TO USE MY WORK IN YOUR PROJECT ALL I ASK IS FOR PROPER CREDIT.

t710_5.1.1_boot

t810_5.1.1_boot

Source code

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.

CREDITS: Samsung for the source code, Suzook and anyone that helped test.
    Hi ashyx......Any chance to get one for sm-t815 too?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T815 mit Tapatalk

Officially its not available yet, but im trying to modify the t810 kernel for the t815 for when they release the 5.1.1 rom
    Hi ashyx......Any chance to get one for sm-t815 too?

5.0.2.....think, there is no 5.1.1 at the moment for Sm-t 815.?...

Of course, didn't see the t815 bit in your post.
    You need a permissive kernel, I have the t815 source code, so shouldn't be an issue to compile it.
    Flashed the Tar and it didnt go thru, I got stuck as well..

if you have time can you re-upload the TAR...

i got stuck in the middle of something...

Thank you!!!

FIXED! :)