[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.1.0-1 - SM-T710/715/810/815 - update 13/3/2017

Search This thread

Darran T

Jun 7, 2016
I think you should try a PC. I've never had success with Jodin.
You should be able to use a VM such as VirtualBox or VMWARE.
There are pre made windows images available if you look in the right place.

If you want to try with the PIT first you can find it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t7er29xxztk04ma

I have now installed windows on my mac and will try to use the windows version of Odin or Heimdall with your files (kernel, twrp, ...)

Thank you for your help. I'll come back and let you know if I succeeded.

---------- Post added 8th June 2016 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2016 at 11:48 PM ----------

I have now installed windows on my mac and will try to use the windows version of Odin or Heimdall with your files (kernel, twrp, ...)

I tried flashing your kernel, cf_autoroot (I think it is yours), TWRP in windows and everything worked flawlessly the first time.

I have only one question. When the Tab S2 boots now, there is, in the upper left-hand corner in red, "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" or something like that. Is that normal or should I fix that somehow?

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: ashyx

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012

---------- Post added 8th June 2016 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2016 at 11:48 PM ----------

I tried flashing your kernel, cf_autoroot (I think it is yours), TWRP in windows and everything worked flawlessly the first time.

I have only one question. When the Tab S2 boots now, there is, in the upper left-hand corner in red, "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" or something like that. Is that normal or should I fix that somehow?

Thank you for your help.

It's just a warning, it affects nothing.

Which kernel did you flash?

Reactions: Darran T

darkmen

Jul 20, 2007
Hi, need a hint
S2 T815 cant run any custom recovery (tried all CFAT and TWRP), just stays on logo.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

When the Tab S2 boots now, there is, in the upper left-hand corner in red, "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" or something like that. Is that normal or should I fix that somehow?

This happen when the kernel image (boot or recovery) has no SEANDROIDENFORCE signature. Normally need just to append this signature to the end of image.

darkmen

Jul 20, 2007
You have to enable OEM unlock first in developer settings.

Yes, in case OEM unlock is disabled ODIN cant flash custom binaries.
In my case it was wrong model (bootloader shows other model), so now it's solved.

Interesting, why dofferent android versions require different cfar (recoveries)?

bcc5464

Jun 12, 2016
Encryption Issues

Howdy,

(First XDA Post, please be nice and help me learn)

I flashed TWRP with no issues at all (thanks for making it btw), I have my tablet encrypted. I am able to boot into recovery with no issue, but it doesn't offer a means to unlock the encrypted storage (both internal and SD card). I had this same issue with my Galaxy S6 before I threw a custom rom. Anyway I can't root my tablet since TWRP can't really read or write. Is there a way around this?

noratroll

Apr 25, 2016
Berlin
Howdy,

I flashed TWRP with no issues at all (thanks for making it btw), I have my tablet encrypted. I am able to boot into recovery with no issue, but it doesn't offer a means to unlock the encrypted storage (both internal and SD card). I had this same issue with my Galaxy S6 before I threw a custom rom. Anyway I can't root my tablet since TWRP can't really read or write. Is there a way around this?

I don't know if there is a way to manage this, but I did not find any. Having been in the same situation as you are right know, I had to completely re-flash the Samsung Stock Rom. Afterwards I booted the device and was prompted to enter the encryption password. I entered it but it was not accepted. Now I fully wipe in TWRP and it worked.
It's a quite complicated situation since TWRP seems not to be able to decrypt the device partitions.
Furthermore, I do not guarantee if it will work on your side, too.
Best regards.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Howdy,

Encryption wont prevent you from flashing supersu and gaining root.
TWRP doesn't support Samsung encryption yet.
If you want access to your storage you will need to format the data partition.

Supersanborn

Sep 17, 2010
Apologies if this has been covered...I see this on the original post:

FLASH WITH ODIN OR FLASHFIRE OR EXTRACT THE RECOVERY.IMG AND FLASH WITH TWRP
Note: T717T/P, T817T/P users can flash T*10 or T*15 variant respectively.

Has anyone had any success flashing this on the T817T (5.1.1 version) and keeping LTE? I see no mention, so I'd like to be super sure before I end up paying for service on a tablet that cannot use it. Thank you!

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Apologies if this has been covered...I see this on the original post:

Has anyone had any success flashing this on the T817T (5.1.1 version) and keeping LTE? I see no mention, so I'd like to be super sure before I end up paying for service on a tablet that cannot use it. Thank you!

Recovery has nothing to do with the radio and is totally independent of the OS.
Whether the device is wifi or LTE is irrelevant.
Flash either the T810 3.0.2-1 or T815 3.0.0-1 version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts