Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][7.1.1] AOKP N [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY] [SM-T810 / SM-T815]

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,564

Post Reply Email Thread

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Full Substratum Support

Download

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

Not Working:
Fingerprint reader

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.1] AOKP N [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY] [SM-T810 / SM-T815], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
hiowa93
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: AOKP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-03
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-17

Created 2017-01-14
Last Updated 2017-03-05
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to schwabe93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwabe93 Ad-Free

14th January 2017, 11:34 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schwäbische Alb
Thanks Meter: 1,564

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Data works on SM-T815 , but not on first boot. After you have setup your google account etc. take a reboot and it works then. A fix i will try tomorrow.

Youtube Videos 720p and 1080p seems working now again for me at least. thanks to RaymanFX
The Following User Says Thank You to schwabe93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwabe93 Ad-Free
15th January 2017, 05:16 PM |#4  
Flag Gaza
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Thanks for your time.
Will give it try on Tuesday 😆

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
15th January 2017, 07:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
microphone doesn't work. tested with Google search.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Labs
16th January 2017, 02:44 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Can I install this on T813. Just asking.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dapat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dapat Ad-Free
16th January 2017, 10:04 AM |#7  
In front of an electronic device
Thanks Meter: 2,210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapat

Can I install this on T813. Just asking.

No!
The Following User Says Thank You to varben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varben Ad-Free
16th January 2017, 07:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
No mic
Great looking ROM. But I use my tablet to make phone calls, so the mic not working ruins it for me.
19th January 2017, 10:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Installed build 18.01.2017. When make a phone call, the sound is dead for 10..15 seconds, then it starts working. Receiving calls is fine.
19th January 2017, 10:46 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Great rom. so far i have no problem at all on T810 but one. it seems that miracast doesn't work. Or is it just me?
20th January 2017, 10:53 AM |#11  
Great ROM
Just tested the 18-01-17 build, almost stable.. But the tethering not work. Turned on but shows "Error" and other device cant find it.
Logcat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)