This thread aims at continuing to provide regular updates with Security patches.
The provided build provides in addition to the device-independent security patches taken from LineageOS the following:
- Kernel security patches, when applicable
- microG-patch (no impact on flashing Gapps - simply allows to install microG for those willing to do so)
- OTA Support
Download with Sec. string 2020-07-05:
Source code links:
local manifest: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests
First things first:
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE. WHATEVER YOU DO, YOU DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
The official instructions on how to install LineageOS on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE can be found here. When I had installed LineageOS' predecessor CyanogenMod more than two years ago on my device, I went through some pain, so I think it makes sense to add some important additional information here, to avoid any frustration:
- The only way out of the 'Download mode' is the same way, you got in: [Home]+[Vol.Down]+[Power]
- The download link to the Heimdall software leads to an outdated version: Version 1.4.1 does not work for this device. Either use 'Odin' or try to get version 1.4.2 somewhere - I have built Heimdall 1.4.2 for Linux from the publicly available source code on GitLab, you can download it here.
- If you have still have Android 5.x as Samsung Stock firmware, you must fist upgrade the Android version to 6.x Stock firmware - otherwise, you will end-up in a boot loop after flashing the ROM! Best is to let the 5.x Stock ROM offer you to upgrade. If you don't get an upgrade offered or if you are already at the boot loop stage, the solution is the same: Find an Android 6.x Stock firmware image in the net, go to Download mode and flash the image using Odin or Heimdall 1.4.2 - you don't need the specific carrier version, just use a fitting 'non-branded' image.
- The way to boot into TWRP after flashing it in 'Download mode' is [Home]+[Vol.Down+]Power] until the screen turns black and then immediately [Home]+[Vol.Up+]Power] - some finger coordination required
GApps or microG?
You have the choice:
a. Use microG - 'microG' is installed simply by installing the respective apps, no flashing necessary.
b. Flash GApps - If you wish to have GApps, they need to be flashed together with the ROM (see LineageOS build instructions).
c. Neither of those (obviously, you cannot combine those options!)
The 'microG patch' in this ROM has no impact on installing Gapps.
[ROM][T-815]LineageOS 14.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Source Code: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS
Stable Release Date: 2020-07-12
Last Updated 2020-07-12