[ROM][7.x][T810] LineageOS 14.1 for Tab S2 9.7 wifi

Search This thread

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
I am a bit confused: there are three builds of today, which one is the latest? The last one in the list? Or the one with the latest timestamp (but is not latest in the list)?

The latest timestamp is usually the last build. ;) (It's also linked from OP.)

Just installed the latest ROM. Seems we're getting close. The mic works but I have to hold it as close as possible to my mouth for the it to be heard. Might not be a bad thing when calling from a noisy place. Netflix and Hulu still don't work and I don't think they ever will until a build is made from the USA version. Not a biggie. I watch those two from home on my 40" monitors. Not on my tablets on the go.

Upper 5ghz wifi channels ARE working.

Thanks for the good work. I can actually test this out as a daily use ROM.

Ehm, we're building with cellular south rom blobs to get the wifi channels we want, that should be an US version. I'm collecting latest roms to check if there are some patches in the libs that are needed. Mic is working at normal level overhere (upped volume a bit), but there are patches being made on the call libs, so could be related to those. (work in progress)

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
The latest timestamp is usually the last build. ;) (It's also linked from OP.)

Ehm, we're building with cellular south rom blobs to get the wifi channels we want, that should be an US version. I'm collecting latest roms to check if there are some patches in the libs that are needed. Mic is working at normal level overhere (upped volume a bit), but there are patches being made on the call libs, so could be related to those. (work in progress)
Made sure I had the latest time stamp and tried again. Still have to get as close as possible to the mic in order to be heard.
Tried turning off root for Netflix and Hulu. Both still get stuck loading the stream you select to watch. Netflix just has the spinning "Loading" icon and Hulu pops up message saying "Buffering. Try selecting a lower resolution", even though the lowest setting is already selected.

tulth

Mar 5, 2011
logitech case fix

I have the logitech keyboard case for this tablet. Out of the box the app switcher key did not work. Here are my notes on making it work:
keypress scan code is 183
I used keyevent display to find this
Don't edit generic.kl!!! this locked things up, i had to revert!!!
What about a specific entry for this keyboard...
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0005 Vendor=046d Product=b344 Version=0000
N: Name="TYPE - S Tab S2"
adb pull /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
cp Generic.kl Vendor_046d_Product_b344.kl
edit Vendor_046d_Product_b344.kl...
change
# key 183 F13
to
key 183 APP_SWITCH
adb remount
adb push Vendor_046d_Product_b344.kl /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_b344.kl
adb reboot
now it works!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Other notes: I am on 20170129, and the mic works now, thanks!!!
Edit: Also boot animation is working for me.

Only problem I have currently is that I turn on bluetooth, but every time I reboot, the bluetooth reverts to off. I couldn't figure out how to fix this; I'm looking for any tips

Last edited:

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
We have F2FS in kernel, so it should be able to support it. I'd not (yet) added to the BoardConfig, need to check if that's needed or not. (I don't know yet if the option forces use of F2FS or just adds support)

Sent from a loaned SM-T710 running LineageOS 14.1

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
@T_I

Getting rid of the red message on boot:

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/159458

Do you think this will work, when it ever works on the S5, on this tab too?

I doubt that this will help in our build, as we use a cystom mkbootimg already, just a different one. Maybe a change in that tool will help. Will need to check the code of both tools.
BTW as soon as the build goes weekly/nightly, the warning will be gone, as then the build wil be enforcing without an option to set it to permissive.

We have F2FS in kernel, so it should be able to support it. I'd not (yet) added to the BoardConfig, need to check if that's needed or not. (I don't know yet if the option forces use of F2FS or just adds support)

Sent from a loaned SM-T710 running LineageOS 14.1

Cool, will give it a shot after I update TWRP and report back.

badashot7

Sep 20, 2012
Hello! Have a small problem in last build: dose not play HD video in browser. Any ideas how to fix that?

rileylarche

Jun 10, 2013
Just to confirm, YouTube playback at greater than 720p res is supported now?

When it comes to updating the OS, can I flash the new one whilst retaining my data and apps? Or do I need to wipe and start fresh?

Thanks.

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
The fingerprint option is still missing in the Security settings; Netflix doesn't work either in build 10/2.

DPR59

Nov 8, 2015
Netflix and latest rom

Hi TI,

Just done a clean install of your latest ROM.

Sorry to report that Netflix is not working for me. I have attached a logcat file. Hope that helps. Let me know if I can assist in any other way.

I really appreciate you perseverance with this issue as presumably you are not a Netflix user.

Regards
Paul

Reactions: ripee

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Wipe data from settings.apk, you'll see the fingerprint suggestion on top of the settings menu

That works, but that's the only place where the fingerprint settings appear, nowhere else in any submenu.

Edit: while the fingerprint setup does appear, the sensor must not yet be functional because my tablet doesn't detect any of my fingers.

Last edited:

rtwright68

Jun 20, 2016
Greetings, looking to install on my SM-T810. It is running Samsung's v6.0.1 is it ok to TWRP and install new ROM from that version or do I need to do something first? The steps did mention stock Android 6, so I wasn't sure if that was Samsung's or another ROM?

Thanks, can't wait to try it. Using LineageOS on my Axon7 and love it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dWFjhN4.png

This ROM is Beta and not ready for daily use at the moment​

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

First I would like to thank the following developers :

I used @RaymanFX's T815 image to base my cm 13.0 build on, which in turn is the base of cm-14.1 and this lineage-14.1.

Before you start

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE SM-T810

Code:
     * Your warranty will be voided !
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About the ROM

Current state of ROM : testing

Everything except what's reported below is working (or not yet reported as not working).

What is Fixed
    • In '20-09' build reboot to recovery triggers message 'Factory reset'. (wrong messagem not resetting)
    • Camera not working in selinux enforcing
    • Front facing camera unable to save image
    • Hardware codecs not working (fallback to software for mp3/flac works)
    • Limited wifi 5GHz support (channels above 100 give issues)
    • Video recording not working? (not tested on T810, reported not working on T815)
    • Mic not working (no input routing)
    • SDCard working again (broke after switch N blobs)

What is not working

Important
    • Bluetooth not working (broke with switch to N blobs, works on images before 23-04)
    • Fingerprint scanner not working

Minor
    • Bootanimation died with introduction Lineage animation

Instructions

How to install LineageOS 14.1

• If you haven't run stock Android 6.x, flash that first with odin. (image won't boot without this step)
    • If you don't have TWRP yet, get it from here : TWRP by ashyx
    • Download the ROM and the Gapps that are located below to your device
    • Reboot into TWRP by holding VOL UP + POWER + HOME on boot
    • In case things go wrong make a backup
    • After the backup has completed return to home and select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe
    • Now ONLY tick Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache
    • After ticking those, Swipe below to wipe
    • Once the wipe has completed return to home and select the ROM
    • After you selected the ROM swipe below to install it
    • After the ROM has installed flash the Gapps
    • When all of this is done, reboot into system, wait, and enjoy LineageOS 14.1

How to ROOT

As build-date 20-01-2017, root is by default not available. Install the correct root package from here. Install the arm root package after lineage. Then follow the steps below.

• In LineageOS 14.1 Enable the developer options
    • Select Root access
    • Select Apps Only
    • Done

Questions and bug reporting

The following questions will be ignored
    • Inappropriate questions
    • Forced orders, EX. : "PLS FIX!!!!!!"
    • ETA's
    • Often repeated questions usually by the same user
    • Requests that are out of LineageOS's framework (Ex. Adding Samsung Apps)

How to report a bug/issue
    • Explain exactly what happens
    • Mention a log if you can (Please use hastebin or any other paste site to keep the thread clean)
    • If you can't mention a log, explain as precise as possible when, why and where it occurs!

Changelog
    Code:
    14-05-2017 - Build SDCard fix, SD card wordk again. (BT still broken)
    24-04-2017 - Build with Nougat T815 (common) and T810 (device specific) blobs.
    23-04-2017 - Build with Nougat blobs.
               - Broke external SDCard, BT
    16-04-2017 - Latest patches, including neat netflix patch.
    03-04-2017 - Netflix patch in self compiled build.
    12-03-2017 - Updated links here, uploaded build of yesterday (Patch level March).
    26-02-2017 - Build went Nightly (more Weekly).
    24-02-2017 - Removed rild correctly.
    17-02-2017 - Removed rild, not needed.
               - Final test build before nightly.
    10-02-2017 - Several DRM fixes in common part. (Could fix netflix, can't test)
               - Fingerprint services available (untested)
               - Tablet encryption available (untested)
    29-01-2017 - Recompile with latest patches and manual update of bootanimation.
               - Fixed compilation of bootanimation (latest build has one self-compiled)
    28-01-2017 - Mic fixed
    26-01-2017 - LineageOS new style, WITH_SU (builds after today will be without)
               - No bootanimation. (so be patient, it'll boot)
    05-01-2017 - Latest patches and final rebrand.
    02-01-2017 - Sources patched so self-compiled dtb is used, so image boots... :D
               - Latest gts2-common patches added.
               - Product name rebranded to lineage.
    01-01-2017 - Complete image build with self-compiled dtb.
    29-12-2016 - First LineageOS recompile after rebrand is (mostly) finished.
               - Latest patches.

Downloads

All LineageOS 14.1 Nightly releases can be found here : https://download.lineageos.org/gts210wifi
    Latest self compiled LineageOS 14.1 build : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862726418
    All self compiled LineageOS 14.1 releases can be found here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=138958

Recommended GAPPS by opengapps.org : http://opengapps.org/ (I use pico)

Source

Special Thanks to @RaymanFX for releasing his Exynos 5433 source, and already patching the common sources to lineage-14.1, without him this ROM would most likely not be possible!

All my sources can be found at github LineageOS -> gts2*

Screenshots

d9ceb9cdc2a23b3dfe04941962b0ccab.jpg

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Tab S2 9.7 wifi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    T_I, RaymanFX, CTXz
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 6.x flashed at least once before install
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-15
    At the moment we're working on gettingt the N blobs supported on all devices. @RaymanFX has everything working on T815. There should be no differences between the devices, but there are. (could be the wifi sources) We're working on it.
    Good to know O is running on the tab. I'm currently battling my build environment. Debian made some updates that breaks the build. (dusted off an old Ubuntu vm, that builds, but the build results in a non-bootable T710... or just one without screen) Working on it at the moment.

Nice, @RaymanFX uploaded lineage-15.1 sources of gts2 devices. Building and testing...
    Good to know O is running on the tab. I'm currently battling my build environment. Debian made some updates that breaks the build. (dusted off an old Ubuntu vm, that builds, but the build results in a non-bootable T710... or just one without screen) Working on it at the moment.
    Cheers, any update on the fingerprint sensor? Seems to be fixed in aosp rom.

Should be fixed in this rom as well, as we're using the same core modules, but I'm missing something... diving into it.
    Bootanimation had been 'kinda' fixed. Copied it from T813 build, where it is compiled correctly, and placed in the out dir for T810. OP updated

Edit: Bootanimation permanently fixed, compiling with all fingerprint settings (forgot the blobs :rolleyes:).