887 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,267

By T_I, Senior Member on 29th December 2016, 07:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2018, 02:05 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hi. Thanks for your hard work.

I bought an SD card specifically for the tablet. When I try to format the card as an internal, it starts bootlooping. It keeps going until I remove the tray. TWRP won't load either as it shows the initial boot screen and the tablet restarts almost right away. Formatting as a media card works perfectly though.
1st September 2018, 03:28 PM |#382  
Flag From Russia with love )
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello!
I can't grant permission to write on sd card, the lineage file manager doesn't see content on the card.
Is there any way to fix it?
It says under the sand watch - "failed to load the content".

Upd:
Fixed it. SELinuxModeChanger and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rshmallowsdfix did the trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180901-162308.png
Views:	174
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	4585723  
11th September 2018, 02:03 AM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I am running a drop of L14.1 from quite some time ago, August 1 of last year. Today I noticed that when I reboot the tablet, it no longer asks for the encryption password like it used to - and should continue to do. The L14 setting shows the tablet is encrypted but for some reason I am no longer prompted for the encryption password... Nor does it do it when I boot into recovery with TWRP. Last, it seems I can no longer boot into the bootloader, the tablet instead boots the OS.

Any ideas what might have happened? Is it possible that the bootloader got damaged and now retains the password whenever the tablet is booted?? If so, this sounds like a very serious security breach and potential exploit.

What should I look for and how to fix??
11th September 2018, 09:45 PM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hga89

I am running a drop of L14.1 from quite some time ago, August 1 of last year. Today I noticed that when I reboot the tablet, it no longer asks for the encryption password like it used to
The L14 setting shows the tablet is encrypted but for some reason I am no longer prompted for the encryption password... Nor does it do it when I boot into recovery with TWRP.

What should I look for and how to fix??

Redo the steps to set up a PIN/Password and see if secure start-up appears.

You can have an encrypted partition, if secure start-up is not enabled, no password will be required before the start up.

Look the attachment:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Settings_20180911-164351.png
Views:	184
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	4593843  
12th September 2018, 03:28 AM |#385  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper Morton

Redo the steps to set up a PIN/Password and see if secure start-up appears.

You can have an encrypted partition, if secure start-up is not enabled, no password will be required before the start up.

Look the attachment:

I had a PIN/password required for startup, somehow this requirement was removed without my knowledge.

I defined a new password using cryptfs, it now - again - boots requiring a password. It begs the question, why did this happen? I have not installed any software not on the Google App store.

Is this an attack vector for breaking encryption?
10th November 2018, 05:03 AM |#386  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzZzZz888

Hello!
I can't grant permission to write on sd card, the lineage file manager doesn't see content on the card.
Is there any way to fix it?
It says under the sand watch - "failed to load the content".

Upd:
Fixed it. SELinuxModeChanger and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rshmallowsdfix did the trick.

I would like to freely access my external SD card as well but the above solution requires Exposed framework and contains ads. After googling, I found http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-29974-1-1.html which suggests that editing platform.xml and then rebooting, all apps should be able to write to the external SD card. However, it made no difference to me. I should add that in my platform.xml file there were /no/ permissions at all under WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, I added the three in the link but see no difference.

Does anyone have a simple solution that would allow all apps on the tablet write to the external SD card?
28th November 2018, 02:00 AM |#387  
Flag Castle Rock, Wa
Thanks Meter: 726

Donate to Me
More
LOS15 build up
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_I

Could have posted a day sooner, but was messing with the dtb compile (@RaymanFX got it working, currently compiling to test).
I hope the solution workd for all Tab s2's with the exynos chipset. I think the T71x tabs have issues with the stock dtb/kernel combination. Would be nice to get those builds up and running again.

@T_I , @ripee got an extremely stable build for the 710 working

build in my signature.

everythings working including camera and video

best wishes all..
20th February 2019, 10:39 AM |#388  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripLr

@T_I , @ripee got an extremely stable build for the 710 working

build in my signature.

everythings working including camera and video

best wishes all..

Yep, works like a charm, although I'm battling with live display. (doesn't seem to work on my device)
22nd February 2019, 01:25 PM |#389  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
please help me..
where can I find the latest official lineageos rom for this device?
what is difference the official and T_I version?
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)