Galaxy tab S5e pogo connector pinout

Search This thread

pacraf

Jan 25, 2020
Dear all,
Just wanted to avoid spending some cash on Galaxy tab S5e stand. So short research on net show some pinouts of pogo connectors, and seems that Galaxy tab S5e uses USB pins .

So took multimeter, and found that first pin (counting from USB socket side) is GND.
Number 4 is 5V . Middle two I guessed are USB D+ and D-. But whatever combination (#2D+ or opposite D-) no success. Tablet is charging but in slow charging mode (seems to be 0,5A) . That is not so bad for me , as night is long enough to charge full easily. But anyway I would like to know what middle two pins can do. I saw on net some suggestions to use resistors, so tablet would try to charge at 2A , but none diagram works. To clarify , I have official charger and via USB cable , it charges fast.

So finally question... Do you know how to make USB connection via pogo connectors (so tablet could recognize charger, and maybe use for other USB devices)?
Or what are two middle pins for?

Here photo of my Poor's man dock. During photo there was no middle pins connected, but believe me , tried many options.

Edit, as I am new user , I can not paste links, but after 10 posts , I will update.

Edit 2 as I can not paste links, but if someone interested in photo , add http by yourself...
m.imgur.com/a/rPTQCYA

Last edited:
Reactions: pwllheli

Strespoh

Jan 25, 2020
After one month of testing , I cat tell you that it is not necessary to figure out middle pins.

The device charges slowly (somewhere was written that it is limited to 0,5Ampere), but it is ok for me as during night it will be charged full anyway.
Device also activates nicely "daily board"with clock and looks nice.

I recommend this DIY stand. Made of old ethernet socket for pins, and USB printer cable.
Below link to photo how it looks like. I plan to paint it.... someday ;)
m.imgur.com/a/jCGKCZX

Reactions: pwllheli

Prostheta

Sep 3, 2010
Raisio
Shame about the slow charging limited to 500mA. I've been looking at various tablets to potentially replace my 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 in the car dash. Currently (no joke intended) having a fight with things to do with hub passthrough charging and the tablet taking over the role of power supplier when the car powers down....having pogo pins as an alternate charging method might present something useful as a fix, but 500mA doesn't exceed battery usage when powered up. Have you asked anybody that owns one of the docks to crack it open and see what's inside? Back when I had a Nexus 7, the four pogo pins on the dock corresponded to power and audio out via a 3.5mm jack in the dock.

Reactions: sunnyy15

KlausQ

Oct 1, 2020
One thing to keep in mind here that Samsung supports - and requires - QC3.0 for fast charge. So, you would need a source with that standard and if you want to verify (altghough the remaining time would immediately tell you) a suitable in line power trap.

sunnyy15

Mar 9, 2015
Winnipeg
Shame about the slow charging limited to 500mA. I've been looking at various tablets to potenttially replace my 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 in the car dash. Currently (no joke intended) having a fight with things to do with hub passthrough charging and the tablet taking over the role of power supplier when the car powers down....having pogo pins as an alternate charging method might present something useful as a fix, but 500mA doesn't exceed battery usage when powered up. Have you asked anybody that owns one of the docks to crack it open and see what's inside? Back when I had a Nexus 7, the four pogo pins on the dock corresponded to power and audio out via a 3.5mm jack in the dock.
Hello there, you sound like someone who has something in common with me. This message of yours was written some years ago and I wonder whether you still have interest to reply.

If you are still looking to replace your Galaxy Tab A 2019, what about the Galaxy Tab Active Pro? It is a good rugged tablet for vehicle with removable battery, but the only problem is that it has the Snapdragon chipset which is not very to unlock its bootloader if you want to root. I was able to root it, but at a cost. The following link gives my messages about rooting the tablet including some images. https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-for-galaxy-tab-active-pro-10-1-snapdragon.4284347/

I would like to know how you made the steering wheel control to link your Galaxy Tab A with your car. What did you use and how? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,
    Just wanted to avoid spending some cash on Galaxy tab S5e stand. So short research on net show some pinouts of pogo connectors, and seems that Galaxy tab S5e uses USB pins .

So took multimeter, and found that first pin (counting from USB socket side) is GND.
    Number 4 is 5V . Middle two I guessed are USB D+ and D-. But whatever combination (#2D+ or opposite D-) no success. Tablet is charging but in slow charging mode (seems to be 0,5A) . That is not so bad for me , as night is long enough to charge full easily. But anyway I would like to know what middle two pins can do. I saw on net some suggestions to use resistors, so tablet would try to charge at 2A , but none diagram works. To clarify , I have official charger and via USB cable , it charges fast.

So finally question... Do you know how to make USB connection via pogo connectors (so tablet could recognize charger, and maybe use for other USB devices)?
    Or what are two middle pins for?

Here photo of my Poor's man dock. During photo there was no middle pins connected, but believe me , tried many options.

Edit, as I am new user , I can not paste links, but after 10 posts , I will update.

Edit 2 as I can not paste links, but if someone interested in photo , add http by yourself...
    m.imgur.com/a/rPTQCYA
    After one month of testing , I cat tell you that it is not necessary to figure out middle pins.

The device charges slowly (somewhere was written that it is limited to 0,5Ampere), but it is ok for me as during night it will be charged full anyway.
    Device also activates nicely "daily board"with clock and looks nice.

I recommend this DIY stand. Made of old ethernet socket for pins, and USB printer cable.
    Below link to photo how it looks like. I plan to paint it.... someday ;)
    m.imgur.com/a/jCGKCZX
    Shame about the slow charging limited to 500mA. I've been looking at various tablets to potentially replace my 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 in the car dash. Currently (no joke intended) having a fight with things to do with hub passthrough charging and the tablet taking over the role of power supplier when the car powers down....having pogo pins as an alternate charging method might present something useful as a fix, but 500mA doesn't exceed battery usage when powered up. Have you asked anybody that owns one of the docks to crack it open and see what's inside? Back when I had a Nexus 7, the four pogo pins on the dock corresponded to power and audio out via a 3.5mm jack in the dock.